ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove through the Ashland Park, Chevy Chase, Chinoe part of town today. Can anyone explain to me how my street lined with Bradford Pears, that usually break and fall if you fart too close to them, survives the wind storm but dozens of enormous trees hundreds of years old were completely uprooted?

From what I saw predicting having electricity back in that area by Wednesday seems generous.
That area and Mason Headley got f*cked up. Seems like crews are at least finally in the area. There's been a tree laying in the middle of Tates Creek since Friday.

I kind of like the nickname “Clocks”
I see what you did there.

Haven't been following this story but isn't this weekend daylights savings? Maybe they are doing some kind of promotional stunt in coordination with that.

Horse related - Trotters. Sounds good to me. Lexington Trotters.

Reactions: ukalumni00
After 5-6 more years?

He currently has 35,000 yards and 217 TDs

Plus being with the Saints he’ll probably actually be apart of a winning team for a few years.

Yea we’ll see.

Edit: Non Super Bowl Winning

Dan Marino 61,000 yards and 420 TDs

Carr is on pace for that!
I am the biggest Raiders fan in here. You are out of your GD mind if you think Derek Carr is in the HoF conversation, and you are completely nonsensical for even comparing him to Dan Marino, who played in a different era altogether.

Get it together, man.

Trotters would be good for a Looserville team.

That’s the most rigged horse racing venue. Knew several owners and jockeys that loved nose candy which turned into getting all the inside info. Goofy little tracks in Henderson and Louisville were a great place to walk out with huge winnings. One night I walked out of Audubon with almost 1/10 of the handle. Bet nothing but ex, tri’s and supers. My drunk friends thought I was psychic which I played on all night at their expense.

Getting tested for TB again tomorrow as my last bloodwork flagged it. Dr says it’s probably a bad reading since I’ve been on the treatment for over 4 years and been cleared. Trying to not worry about it but it’s tough when you’re in agony from taking one earlier tonight. Such is life 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh yeah, don’t get old or have any medical problems. Really messes with your plans to cruise through life unscathed and bulletproof.
I, luckily, aren’t smart enough to realize the above is true.

We have a new leader… Carr being an NFL HOFer has replaced Henson > Davis.

Using ridiculous stats comparison against qb’s from the 1980s also tells me you don’t understand inflation.

Good grief man.

Reactions: GrandePdre
USA powerlifting is tested, sooooo I couldn't care less who they let compete since I'll never be there.

and fwiw the dudes that have been permitted to compete in tested competition as female competitors have not fared particularly well. The T-blockers they have to take to transition neutralize a lot of their potential competitive advantage.

Reactions: roguemocha
-Reeves is currently 4th on the team in minutes even though he and Livingston are the only two rotation players to play in every game. He's played in 2 more games than Oscar and Wallace but has 50-100 less minutes. Our best scorer, by a long shot, on a team with no guards, is averaging 27 mpg. Would he even be playing as much lately if Fredrick and Wheeler weren't injured?

In games we lost Reeves minutes:
MSU: 22
Zags: 24
UCLA: 21
Mizzou: 15
Bama: 21
USC:28
KU: 30
Ark: 30
UGA: 40
Vandy 29

Win any 3 of those and we're a 2 or 3 seed.

-Toppin not getting any All-SEC love is bullshit.

-Tree in the middle of Tates Creek looks to finally be getting removed. We got power back last night thanks to some fine gentleman from Oklahoma. Those were some pretty incredible storms. Didn't we get something similar late summer circa 2007? Random gorgeous day with hurricane winds.

-That new plant outside of ETown is the size of a city. 😨

-Russell Brand is a pretty funny dude, but... man, him constantly using 75 words when 4 would work, is a chore to keep up with. The Geoffrey seen from "Get him to the Greek" is still an all timer.

-Spring Football reports.... yummy.

-If we get UGA and not UT as our common opponent, that's pretty f*cking bs. Can we not go our separate ways from MSU? F*ck sake, that relationship ended a decade ago. We've been sleeping in different rooms in the house. The kids moved out of state. We barely even acknowledge each other.

-It's basically been 50 degrees everyday since October.

-Turn 40, shit starts to hurt and it just never goes away. That's really kinda bullshit.

-2 year old has abandoned the use of diapers, underwear, or any lower body covering. Just posts up on the couch with twig and berries for the whole world to see. Not even pretending to be modest. I'm appalled and a bit jealous.

- One of the best parts of March...watching low- and mid-majors make the NCAA-T for the first time in forever. 43 years since Furman last went dancing. Good for those kids.

- Nice little hoops nightcap tonight. Will be flipping back and forth between the Gonzaga/St. Mary's rubber match and North Dakota State over on ESPN2. They've got a 6-11 kid named Grant Nelson who is fun to watch and working his way up draft boards.

- Some CBB coaches probably coming to the end of the tenure at their current school today. But I hope that's not the case, and that they all keep their jobs!!!

- It's been 24 hours and I still can't believe that "Counter Clocks" nonsense. My favorite part is that they said they "listened to the community" before coming up with that name. No you didn't. You listened to some marketing hack fresh out of college who thought people would cough up cash for cheaply-made merch. That's another thing...that merch looks TERRIBLE. The gear that Rax's boys wear from their travel team look a million times better than that garbage.

- Field of 68 just CRUSHES March. Already carving out time for their tournament preview marathon show Sunday night.

I think they soon could be approaching 'it's so bad it's actually great' marketing for the CounterClocks.

Maybe that's what they were shooting for?

Having to explain to someone that your team's shirt references horses running the *other* direction around a track as a slight to dreary old England is definitely the conversation starter.

Granted this is a terrible character in a meh movie:

_79374401_sw2-boyega.jpg

Mixon is probably not the most stable dude, but there's nothing that documents him actually being home at the time of this incident, is there? The reporting has all been "Joe Mixon's house," not Mixon himself.

- J6 footage didn’t hit me in the insurection feels like the last two years would have made me think it would.

- If it’s not live sports I don’t know why anyone watches television any more. Even espn was talking about that day like we just went through Pearl Harbor 2.0.

I bet a few of you shed real tears that day as well.

Instead, what I just watched was people being led around the building by capitol police and then watched Daniel Boone himself say a prayer for the police / security team.

- Our government is literally a scaled up version of WWE except it’s for political junkies instead of third grade boys or unemployed men.

Speaking of which our government conducted an investigation into the nord stream pipeline and found it was a pro Ukraine group that is responsible.

No shit it was a pro Ukraine group. I bet they’re based out of Washington DC.

- Are we as Americans too comfortable, too ignorant, or too lazy to check any of these bastards?

- How about a real insurrection not little bear walking through the capitol building looking for the best place to take a pic for IG?

- Go Cats

Kentucky was #19 in the NET last night. This morning UK is #20, surpassed by Iowa St.

What happened on Monday to change that? Did some random mid major lose and hurt us? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT