ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similarly a staff member for our women's basketball team is in my life group at church. They've opened up about the struggles of being in a volatile profession and just recently announced a pregnancy.
My son is friends with Kyra Elzy's son so I've talked to her a few times and she's just a great person. Super nice and pleasant to be around, so is her husband. I can't imagine the stress upon her family because of the job pressure.

So what's your opinion on their season? Stansbury can obviously coach, and that team seems to be very talented on paper, his specialty - just a complete disaster. Guess he's losing it in old age like so many before him?
Western fans are pretty much done with him. He is not that well respected among the BG community as a coach. I haven't heard anyone disparage him as a person, father, or husband. That's good, I guess.

I don't know Rick at all and I don't follow the Toppers enough to know all of the specifics of how their season has melted down. I know there were some real health concerns in January that were publicized, but again, nothing specific. Some rumors of their players flirting with the portal before the season is even over. The vibe surrounding him and the program isn't good right now.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
For a lice infested, former leftist dumb ass that has terrible sports takes, Travis has done alright for himself. He is thought to be worth $100 million+.

Didn’t even mention his worst trait other than being a Tennessee fan...he is also a lawyer.

Reactions: roguemocha
So Toppin and Oscar talked and are apparently either both going pro, or both coming back.

With neither being a 1st round pick, and the bigs situation next year, I’d say it’s 60/40 they come back.

Normally I’d say that Cal would never allow this, but after the slew of late season injuries the past few seasons, (Vando, PJ, Hagans, Clarke, Grady, Wheeler, CJ, and now Wallace), i think Cal will Buck recent trends and do whatever it takes to try and get his 2nd title next year, even if it means using the full allotment of 13 scholarships.

With those 2 back, and Reeves if I’m being selfish, next year could be scary good.

Wagner, Dillingham
Reeves, CJ, Shepperd
Edwards, Theiro
Toppin, Ware, Collins
Oscar, Bradshaw, UKO

However, after the past few years, I’m cautiously optimistic at best, playing Devils Advocate more and more.

- Happy Monday- headed out to Malibu.

- Actually been raining out here. That Tony!Tone!Toni! is full of shit.

- 73 - in what part of LA did you live/slay?

- Taco truck crawl yesterday. You can eat for cheap out this way.

- All’s forgiven if Cal leads us on a big March run as far as I’m concerned.

Levis has a real possibility to have the best career in the NFL of any UK QB ever. And that could be huge for us, hopefully.
Is that a branch or limb you are about to step on to?

He's competing against one person. Granted that person is a HOFer but that is mostly because of his kicking.

Is that a branch or limb you are about to step on to?

He's competing against one person. Granted that person is a HOFer but that is mostly because of his kicking.

Incorrect.

The other person is in the College Football HOF, fwiw.

Levis better worry about being the best clipboard holder he can possibly be before taking on the accolades of these two stars.

^ And right on cue there’s the deflection. Not a word about UNCheats having the biggest collapse in history. Sprinkles!

Central AL had the same weather system come through that hit you guys- we were spared with more minor damage this time around. Power wasnt even out more than a few hours.

This issue with Travis is that even if its a matter that you can agree with him on, he keeps annoyingly hammering it into the ground and refuses to acknowledge even the most rationale arguments against his own. He's pretty GYERO, tbh.

DeSales playing tonight for a shot to go to Rupp- fun team to watch if you like motion, ball movement, outside shooting.

Alabama fans were expecting a loss bc NATE thought they needed it going into the post-season. Had nothing to do with anything except they wanted to lose and also officiating is skewed against them since the murder.

Logged 6 miles at the Zoo over the weekend. First sunburn of the year.

My daughter has entered the "I'LL DO IT" phase where she refuses help of any kind, specifically when eating. Results in a huge mess all/air. I'm OCD with cleaning and this really tests it. Generally have anxiety during every meal now. TRYING to get better.

The best play as a college student this week was scooting down to Atlanta (Catlanta) for the Friday/Saturday rounds and then continuing down to the beach.

Useless Predictions without knowing matchups or who TF is even playing on our own team:
Worst case: Lose next two games
Best case: Get to Sunday of the SECT, make it to the 2nd weekend.

Incorrect.

The other person is in the College Football HOF, fwiw.

Levis better worry about being the best clipboard holder he can possibly be before taking on the accolades of these two stars.
Best career in the NFL was the subject. As usual(sports takes) you are incorrect again.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Correct. Better chance of Levis winning powerball before he throws for 23000 yards w/ 178 TD's and being an all-pro.

Study up next time.
Vito? I admit he slipped my mind but 22000 yards is 5 good seasons now. If Levis isn't a bust he will easily pass Vito and George. But you got me.

Reactions: roguemocha
So Toppin and Oscar talked and are apparently either both going pro, or both coming back.

With neither being a 1st round pick, and the bigs situation next year, I’d say it’s 60/40 they come back.

Normally I’d say that Cal would never allow this, but after the slew of late season injuries the past few seasons, (Vando, PJ, Hagans, Clarke, Grady, Wheeler, CJ, and now Wallace), i think Cal will Buck recent trends and do whatever it takes to try and get his 2nd title next year, even if it means using the full allotment of 13 scholarships.

With those 2 back, and Reeves if I’m being selfish, next year could be scary good.

Wagner, Dillingham
Reeves, CJ, Shepperd
Edwards, Theiro
Toppin, Ware, Collins
Oscar, Bradshaw, UKO

However, after the past few years, I’m cautiously optimistic at best, playing Devils Advocate more and more.
There is no way they both come back.

Counter clocks is a terrible name and will definitely be shortened to the clocks.

It’s not going out on a limb at all. Levis is going to be a solid pro. For example Derek Carr 9 years in will still have 5-6 years of 3000+ yds and 25+ TDs and have a borderline HOF NFL career.

I think Levis is better out of college and will be a better NFL QB. I also think that will be huge for UK over the next decade.

Josh Allen was taken 3rd in his class behind Baker and Darnold.

So it’s not a science and definitely is dependent on a few things so the naysayers are real cute with the lame ass guesses of whether he’ll make it.

I’m extremely confident he’ll be a very good to great pro.

If you have to put out a 2 minute video explaining what the name means, that’s a pretty solid indicator the name sucks. If you want to change it, fine. But at least make it something that makes sense. The Lexington Hot Browns would be a great minor league name, imo. And that took me less than 30 seconds to come up with.

This has gotta be the earliest I can remember seeing buds/blooms. Pear trees are all about to pop. I don’t enjoy their smell but it is a familiar aroma that reminds you spring is here.

Correct. Better chance of Levis winning powerball before he throws for 23000 yards w/ 178 TD's and being an all-pro.

Study up next time.

Well I take this bet too!

He’ll hit both these numbers relatively easy so you name your price here and I’ll be happy to have it remembered by those that don’t forget.

Don’t chicken out again!

Derek Carr…borderline NFL HOF?

After 5-6 more years?

He currently has 35,000 yards and 217 TDs

Plus being with the Saints he’ll probably actually be apart of a winning team for a few years.

Yea we’ll see.

Edit: Non Super Bowl Winning

Dan Marino 61,000 yards and 420 TDs

Carr is on pace for that!

The best thing the Legends could have done would have been pay the Bats for the rights to this name and logo.
louisvillemashers-2.jpg

If they wanted something horse related, the Teaser Ponies would have been a much better name than than that crap they came up with.

Or the Artificial Inseminators, maybe the Screaming Rickets, or the Abcessed Hooves. Any are better than the Counterclocks.

Last edited:
I drove through the Ashland Park, Chevy Chase, Chinoe part of town today. Can anyone explain to me how my street lined with Bradford Pears, that usually break and fall if you fart too close to them, survives the wind storm but dozens of enormous trees hundreds of years old were completely uprooted?

From what I saw predicting having electricity back in that area by Wednesday seems generous.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT