ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he watched the combine and doesn’t have Stroud as 1 or at the least 1a then he isn’t qualified to give an opinion.

For obvious reasons I’m a Levis homer, but Stroud is a different level smooth/effortless on his releases and ball placement is just on point every damn throw.

I am hoping Levis lands in Carolina with a solid run game, two quality WRs, and a team that liked 2 TE sets last year(I know that could change). For him it couldn’t be more step in ready for his skill set than that.

Everyone else considering a QB is ROUGH!

Clay Travis is a football draft expert like Mina Kimes is an NFL expert.

That said, I can't disagree with Levis struggles to go through progressions, leading receivers, quick swings to rb out of backfield, and ability to get out of trouble. But, he has a cannon.

I think Levis is or has finished his Masters in Finance and had a near 4.0 in undergrad. All while being a starting QB in the SEC. He also comes from a family full of Yale graduates.

Struggles to process information though, per Clay Travis.
I come from a family of Yale graduates, and while my prowess on the Intramural fields of UK as a championship winning QB are well documented, I was not an NFL-level QB.

WTF is this? Hell of a Sunday here.

Skipped first half of game yday. Mother in law in town so wife and I went to an Orioles spring training game and then bar hopping.

Caught most of the second half and man, what a gutsy performance. Love having an ice cold assassin being the primary ball handler. Give reeves 6-8 min at PG going forward.

Started a new job this past Monday. Similar lines of business but with a private equity company instead of a public company. Just make $$ baby! Got 4 direct reports, haven’t had to do that since 2017 so a bit of an adjustment but overall a solid move.

Red tide is super awful here right now. Walk outside and begin coughing immediately. Feel bad for anyone who vacationed here this wk.

Looks like a 6 seed to me assuming we don’t go 1 and done at sec tourney. The best seed you can get outside top3 seed in my opinion. Conspiracy theory me has UNC as play in game participant for the 11 seed opposite of us and then a UK UNC game kicking off the tourney at noon on Thursday.

Kyra Elzy sucks.

Have flipped on 3 games this evening thinking it was a men’s game. Women’s game all 3 times. Gotta flag that on the guide somehow.

Who was the asshat pictured in the Kentucky Shame SI issue? Surprised BBN hasn’t tracked this guy down and destroyed him.
Where you at in Florida? We are supposed to go to St Pete in July…wondering how long the red tide will be around.

UT fans are mega-butthurt over the Levis hype. They can't stand him being ahead of Hooker on draft boards.

Not shocked you are siding with one.
Hooker played in a first-read-chuck bullshit offense that doesn’t translate to the pro game. He could be good, but big learning curve.

Reactions: 80 Proof
- I'm no scoutball so I have to admit I'm a little leery of all of Levis' hype. But so many of the knocks on him are related to last season where he was a) hurt b) had an idiot calling plays and c) had a weaker O-line than 2020 Joe Burrow. He absolutely has all the tools to be an impressive pro QB...honestly, I think I'm mostly nervous he's going to get drafted by a complete dumpster fire of an organization and get immediately hurt and then roasted. I love the kid, and his alleged fear of milk. (That was my favorite "real" satire of the combine.)

- Anthony Richardson is obviously an incredible athletic specimen, but ... I saw him getting EATEN UP last year by the Cats D. Again, there was a lot to like about the Cats defense last season, but come on now.

- Clay Travis said Demarcus Cousins would be in handcuffs within 5 years. Here we are. **** that racist Volunteer trashball.

- watching O-line guys run the 40 will always be hilarious.

Will Levis is a “he can get you there” type of quarterback so think about your Ryan Tannehill’s or Matt Ryan’s. I know his ceiling is Josh Allen who is starting to fit this role as each season passes. These guys are all quality players but they need the guys around them to make it happen.

He is not the type, IMO, that can make it happen on his own like Joe Burrow, Mahomes etc. The type that throws a couple picks and just overcomes it and beats you anyway.

If Richardson slides up as the 3rd QB taken I’ll be ecstatic for Levis because the best home for him is Carolina in this years group of teams drafting for QB.

Houston and Oakland don’t have much defense to help and their OL is subpar. Indy has some players but they haven’t kept a QB healthy in years and that OL is to blame.

Those teams are putting the cart before the horse by going QB because they need too much from other positions.

The only point to “processing defenses” Levis struggles with was coming off his first option, but he was actually better at that last year than he was with Wandale Robinson as his guy. So we’ll see how that plays out and if he can discipline himself to keep safeties at bay by looking off his targets. That’s a learned trait for all QBs anyway.

Levis has a real possibility to have the best career in the NFL of any UK QB ever. And that could be huge for us, hopefully.

These dudes saying that it’s Anthony Richardson and then everyone else will not have a job next year.

Our Defense last year was good, but allowed good QBs to tear us up on occasion. UT put up 59 on us.

However, when we were healthy, no CROD, we went into the Swamp with Smoke our RB1 and owned the Gators.

“AR-15” looked as lost and frustrated as I have seen a “top QB prospect” look in a primetime game this season.

It’s not often that UK goes into that place and completely shuts their offense down. Our defense seemed to give Richardson the jips or something.

Him being compared to Cam Newton is a joke. I remember when we played Cam, he put up like 6 TDs against us. Apples/oranges

Have we ever seen a player with such a mediocre season, get this much hype coming out of the combine and rise to be some peoples top QB prospect?

- I thought Clay Travis was Rush Limbaugh now? He still comments on sports? I don't know because he blocked me about 5 years ago. A lawyer laying his claim to sports by creating a fan website? Sounds like a path I've heard about before. . . but he ain't no Bill Simmons. ;)

- I've been blocked by Clay Travis AND Dan LeBatard. How's that for living in the middle?

I think Russell could have had a solid career if he'd kept his head on straight. I'd put him several notches above Richardson when it comes to actual qb skills.

- Gonna be pretty sweet watching Rick Stansbury get fired by WKU this week, gang.

- One thing I'm reminded of every single time we have a power outage...I have never quite understood how electricity WORKS. I'm sure I'm not the only one...just the only one with the courage to admit it.

- How can Michigan be so bad at end-of-game situations, even coming out of timeouts? Phil Martelli is sitting right next to Juwan, and that guy won a TON of games over the years. Are you telling me those plays are the best they can come up with? Or are their players just THAT deficient when it comes to basketball IQ?

- If Texas Tech doesn't hire Grant McCasland, then what are they even doing?

- Looked for Chumps at Nationwide Arena the other night during the game between the Bluejackets and MY Seattle Kraken. Listened for him, actually. But since I didn't hear any desperate screams of "FIRE *I check my notes* BRAD LARSEN" I assume he wasn't actually there. Had a great time that night. Nice arena, nice area, and even though we were literally on the top row of the place, that actually made the hockey viewing more enjoyable, getting a birds-eye view of how the action developed. Big fan of the hockey, I am.

- Hope all my Wildcat friends get their power back ASAP. We got ours back yesterday afternoon, and it was like being rescued from a desert island. Sent the kids to Kroger to get some supplies for the kitchen restock, and all they came back with was pineapple and sliced turkey. Great job, kids.

That happens more often with QB's. Zach Wilson was not a first rounder before the season started. He played pretty well his senior year but tested great. See Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, Brandon Wheedon. GM's get fired over combine scores.

It's easy to hate on rival coaches, players, fans, etc. when you don't know them. Stansbury's youngest son was a student in my classroom and player on our basketball team this year. Great kid. It was tough to see him silently battle the hardships of his father's season. Being a family member of a D1 coach (no matter what level) can really put you to the test, I'd imagine.

So what's your opinion on their season? Stansbury can obviously coach, and that team seems to be very talented on paper, his specialty - just a complete disaster. Guess he's losing it in old age like so many before him?

Does Western really think they can get a better coach? If I were them, I wouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger. They ain't Kentucky or Louisville, no matter what they wish.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Clay Travis is dumbass Tennessee redneck who fans flames and appeals to the lowest common denominator. Touch that guy.
The former Democrat until Fox hired him, Clay and his family were once removed from a flight back from Canada due to lice infestation.

As good as Stroud looked in the combine this weekend, he has one huge onus holding people back. Ohio State has never produced a good NFL quarterback. Ever. For all the decades THE OSU has been proudly peacocking itself around and its football tradition, it has never had a QB succeed in the NFL. The jury is still WAY out on Fields in Chicago to the point where some people are speculating that the Bears ought to draft his replacement. The one QB that ever lasted more than a cup of coffee in the NFL was Tom Tupa, because he ended up being a punter.

Counter Clocks. LOL WTF???

It's easy to hate on rival coaches, players, fans, etc. when you don't know them. Stansbury's youngest son was a student in my classroom and player on our basketball team this year. Great kid. It was tough to see him silently battle the hardships of his father's season. Being a family member of a D1 coach (no matter what level) can really put you to the test, I'd imagine.
Similarly a staff member for our women's basketball team is in my life group at church. They've opened up about the struggles of being in a volatile profession and just recently announced a pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT