ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me sitting here with an air bnb in downtown for next week and two SECT tickets in my cart.

The beautiful bastards have sucked me in again. I’m about one more brown water from the trigger pull

Reactions: B Rax
do it jewish GIF

Meh. They weren't that good. Got lucky for a late hot streak to get in the NCAAT and their guards + Manek stayed hot. Until the 2nd half of the championship game.

Downplay it all you want. Love, Davis, Black and Bacot all came back and they probably won’t even make the damn tournament.

It’s not like I’m saying they’ll get beat in the S16.

Reactions: anthonys735
Just finished watching the QBs at the combine.

It’s quite the marketing press to see ESPN again plaster Anthony Richardson 40 time and vertical jump(or broad jump) as things to advertise for him. Seriously he didn’t even throw.

But speaking of throwing our boy Levi’s man, everything except his cross body outs were crazy impressive and if Jalin Hyatt doesn’t drop his prettiest ball it was a flawless showing. If anything he’ll have to learn to take some off it at times. In a 10 yard radar he hit 59 MPH easy!

The city of Louisville was popping off tonight.
Did someone try to murder a political candidate again?

* In a weird way, that game reminded me of when Louisville came to Rupp in Cal's first year. The intensity was off the charts. Pitino had his guys trying to turn the game into a melee from the tip and we responded in kind. You're f***ing with the wrong guy, Reggie! Eric will kick your ass!

That's Cal at his tippy-top best; that's the Cal we had when he got here. Hopefully he can bottle that like grecian formula.

* Ramon Harris played 23 minutes against Louisville in 2010, one less minute than Liggins, Miller, and Orton combined. I would have never, ever guessed that.

* My wife and I made the decision to put the house on the market this summer. Rather than deal with living here during that pain in the ass, we signed a year lease on a new townhouse in a new apartment complex and move in next month. Eff a bunch of having to deal with my wife's constant anxiety about keeping the house spotless 24/7 in case a realtor wants to show it at 3 am on a Saturday, etc.

Gonna cash out the equity and then start looking again in late 2023/early 2024. I'm absolutely pumped about a year (or more!) of someone else being responsible for home repairs, not having the option to do home "upgrades", a pool full of strange lassies, and not having to constantly want to murder Chip and Joanna.

If I play this right, I might even be able to convince my wife to use the equity to buy some rental property for cash, hire a property management company, and coast for half a decade without doing a single honeydew project while simultaneously increasing our net worth.

* Speaking of good times of yore:

Haven’t found a bracket for the SEC tournament yet, but we got the winner Vandy vs LSU/Georgia Friday, and then most likely winner of A&M/Arkansas Saturday.

I’ll be cheering my ass off for Auburn to clip Arkansas but I can’t see it.

Haven’t found a bracket for the SEC tournament yet, but we got the winner Vandy vs LSU/Georgia Friday, and then most likely winner of A&M/Arkansas Saturday.

I’ll be cheering my ass off for Auburn to clip Arkansas but I can’t see it.

It’s on the KSR site

05 has a list of movies he wants to see so one night a week this year we’ve been firing them up one by one. I’ve seen some of them dozens of times, but watching through the eyes of an eager to learn 17yo makes me feel like I’m watching again for the first time. So far we’ve watched:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
A Few Good Men
Inglorious Basterds
Whiplash
Predator
There Will Be Blood

Coming up next few weeks

No Country for Old Men
Goodfellas

Highly recommend this activity if you get a chance.

Last edited:
* My lord, what a damn, satisfying win. I had Jodie Meeks goosebumps all night. Group texts were full of exclamation marks.

* Planet of the Apes, The Shawshank Redemption, and The Truman Show are still holding on as three of my favorite movie endings ever.

- I think Andy and Red could have had a great sitcom on that beach in Zihuantanejo.

Just Five Random 80s Songs That Always Hits for MattsCats:

- Foreigner - "Waiting for a Girl like You"
- TOTO - "Hold the Line"
- Billy Idol - "Eyes Without a Face"
- Night Ranger - "Sister Christian"
- Simple Minds - "Don't You (Forget About Me)

* If we're talking about "toys" as a kid that entertained you 24/7, I'm taking a Nerf basketball and hoop. I literally have notebooks with stats of games I'd "play."

I averaged 47.5/ppg in 1986.

Speaking of 1986, that LSU game still haunts me.

* Dervy Favorites:

1. Forte
2. Arabian Nights
3. Practical Move
4. Instant Coffee
5. Confidence Game

* I'll take a pot of brown beans and a side of cornbread, all/air.

* CBS, just show me what seed and team we are playing next Thursday/Friday and let's go. The best is yet to come, gang.

My lord, again, what a win.

*cue Frank Sinatra YouTube*

I don’t think people realize how difficult or rare it is for a college player to score more than 35. What an unreal performance by Reeves when all of the pressure was on him and the team to respond.

We saw what happened against Vandy when Reeves went ice cold but if teams are bent on stopping Oscar, Wallace is back doing his thing, Toppin continues to shoot 50% from behind the arc (which he has since league play) and Reeves starts to cook… Who knows what this team may or may not do the next few weeks.

BFD… that same year I shot 100% from the free throw line on the season with the Nerf Goal. Amazing how fortunate a young Wayne Dougan was that his “opponents” committed around 5 lane violations per game to keep that percentage perfect.
Fouls in nerf games? Now I’ve heard it all. Sounds like you got participation trophies….

Reactions: 80 Proof
Fouls in nerf games? Now I’ve heard it all. Sounds like you got participation trophies….
Bro...smh.

There is only the championship trophy for UK in the made up games we played in our driveway or inside on nerf hoops.

And yes there were fouls and lane violations galore.

Don't tell me you didn't do this when at home and going out to shoot around or staying inside.

The fact that you don’t know what he’s talking about tells me your never helped the Kentucky Wildcats win national championships in your hallway from 1990-1994 like I did.
Well obviously you didn’t either. I was there
2001-2009 I think, so I didn’t help either.

But I was in town for the 2012 champ with @transycat

WTF is this? Hell of a Sunday here.

Skipped first half of game yday. Mother in law in town so wife and I went to an Orioles spring training game and then bar hopping.

Caught most of the second half and man, what a gutsy performance. Love having an ice cold assassin being the primary ball handler. Give reeves 6-8 min at PG going forward.

Started a new job this past Monday. Similar lines of business but with a private equity company instead of a public company. Just make $$ baby! Got 4 direct reports, haven’t had to do that since 2017 so a bit of an adjustment but overall a solid move.

Red tide is super awful here right now. Walk outside and begin coughing immediately. Feel bad for anyone who vacationed here this wk.

Looks like a 6 seed to me assuming we don’t go 1 and done at sec tourney. The best seed you can get outside top3 seed in my opinion. Conspiracy theory me has UNC as play in game participant for the 11 seed opposite of us and then a UK UNC game kicking off the tourney at noon on Thursday.

Kyra Elzy sucks.

Have flipped on 3 games this evening thinking it was a men’s game. Women’s game all 3 times. Gotta flag that on the guide somehow.

Who was the asshat pictured in the Kentucky Shame SI issue? Surprised BBN hasn’t tracked this guy down and destroyed him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT