ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruises and all-inclusives sound awful. People of Walmart on steroids?
Gimme a beach house with access to golf, boating and choice of where and when I want to eat/drink and not having to deal with mass of humanity in those petri dishes.

I wouldn’t want to do one every vacation, but an AI is a fantastic relaxation vacation.

It’s all paid for when you show up and the toughest decision to make is “which alcohol do I want to get way too drunk on today?” It’s the one vacation where I don’t (my wife doesn’t) feel compelled to do anything besides sit at the beach and there’s real value in that.

- We did an all inclusive in Mexico for our honeymoon. Frankly, I just didn’t want any planning or thinking after the wedding. The food was great. It was relaxing. I think it would be fun to do again with other couples but don’t see doing it again just us.

- Went on a Mediterranean cruise. Was pretty awesome checking out places I never would have otherwise seen. Would do it again but would prefer just picking 3 places and spending a few days a piece instead.

You don't go to the Sam's Club All Inclusive, you go to the Costco All Inclusive. There is a difference.

You take $100 worth of ones and from time to time you tip the chick that is bringing you drinks and good food while you sit under an umbrella at the pool and/or beach looking at fine ass. You can do this at the nude area as well, if you prefer.

You make reservations at the resort steak house or Japanese hibachi, take a little pre dinner nap in your king size bed, then do a little after dinner drinking/dancing at one of the night clubs. Then you end the evening with a Cuban cigar and your significant other in your balcony hot tub.

Hit up the massive breakfast buffet in the morning, do some kind of excursion, and repeat everything else again.

AI's can actually be less expensive than cruises, and or high end Ritz Carlton vacations.

The general rule is the more expensive the hotel the more you have to pay for stuff that is free elsewhere. You can go to a Hampton Inn and get free coffee and breakfast but if you stay at a Four Seasons you have to pay like $50 for a cup of coffee and a continental breakfast. Should be reversed.

80 proof - Any comment on the Wade Poor situation in Woodford County? On the surface it sounds underhanded, but you never know.
They did him dirty AF. Wade has lived SWWD since his father died. That dude would go into a water filled pit at 2am on Christmas Eve to solve a problem. Since they terminated his contract there have been multiple issues that didn't happen before.

• Angry
Reactions: HymanKaplan
-Rob is a dolt. If this dumbass(Cal, not Rob) was going to play Theiro with Reeves instead of Fredrick(or Livingston @ 3), fine. Instead we get Livingston, Toppin, Oscar and 1 shooter on the wing. Like Chad said, in a normal situation you'd be 100% right, but this idiot doesn't understand the importance of spacing. So the more perceived shooters we have on the floor, the more space we have to create, regardless if Fredrick continues to shrink under the lights. He's using Theiro as the backup PG right now. Lol.

-All-Inclusives and cruises aren't created equal. I've been on the cattle call FATS!!! cruises, and they're disgustingly awful if you're not just there to get absolutely hammered, or eat tons of shit food. Can't imagine what those poor folks went through, that got stuck with their families, on our college Spring Break cruise. Not great. Seems like the price on the quality AI places get to the point you can do about the same without being restricted in conventional resorts or tourist trap cruise stops. If she's set on cruises stay away from the trash brands out of the cheap ports.

-I definitely think Wayne should get with Ritz about joining the AI circuit in Vail. That's a fantastic idea.

-Can't even enjoy Duke, UL and UNC being f*cking awful.

-A week ago I was standing in a mountain river just outside of Yellowstone Park, with no one around, in a nice snow storm, watching a grazing elk about 200 yards away, and catching trout. Yesterday our toilets at the office all backed up and we have contractors here making a shit ton of noise repairing dry wall damage from the pipes that burst during the Xmas freeze. Basically, I'm not as relaxed as I was last week.

-Appears most of our plants, shrubs, landscaping trees were torched in that freeze. So that's also fun.

-Valentine's Day is by far the worst Holiday. What a racket.

-Trying a SV brisket this weekend. Been looking for a reason to finally turn one of y'alls forgotten tailgate coolers into a new SV bath anyway.

Just got back from an all inclusive in Nassau, Bahamas. Thoroughly enjoyed.

The resort was really nice, the layout with multiple pools and bars was great and there were 10 restaurants to choose from ranging from hibachi to an American style steakhouse, fresh seafood joints, food trucks serving season fried conch and a late night pub serving bar food. The food certainly wasn’t Ruby’s but it was more than agreeable. I guess I’m not too good for ice cold Kalik beer, Tito’s and various Caribbean rum brands.

Took a boat ride to another island with a separate restaurant, pool and bar that the resort owns. All I wanted was to be kidless for 3 days and 3 nights to enjoy some fun and relaxation with the lass.

- I would rather shoot myself than go on a floating norovirus vector cruise. I cannot think of anything that sounds more claustrophobic. I can see why some people really enjoy the idea of a different locale every day, but that's not my jam. I get motion sick. It is my kryptonite. I know "oh the ship is so big you don't even feel it," but the people who have told me that don't get motion sick riding shotgun to the Krogers a mile from home. Hard, hard pass.

POSSIBLE EXCEPTION: european river cruise. But there again, I'd rather spend a few days and have time to explore.

- All-inclusive resort for honeymoon was awesome. We had no desire to plan anything and having everything at our fingertips was clutch. Any style food you feel like, boom--available. pools everywhere. beautiful beach. 10/10, would go again. I also cannot fathom why you would want to take your children to a place like that. The whole point is to completely relax and get tipsy by 11 am. Tough to fully enjoy that if there's kids being kids and screaming all day. [But I am confident not all these resorts are created equal, so I can also see why some think AI is ass.]

- I think we can all agree that northern IN is ass, however, and that's how I spent my work day yesterday. So, clearly, I am the real loser here.

They did him dirty AF. Wade has lived SWWD since his father died. That dude would go into a water filled pit at 2am on Christmas Eve to solve a problem. Since they terminated his contract there have been multiple issues that didn't happen before.
We have had our water out twice in the last week. Been here 7+ years and that is the first time it has happened.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Nothing like the weather here giving us subtle reminders that March is near which usually I equate with the tournament is getting closer and the Cats making a legit run only to remind myself that this there’s a legit chance the program will keep the streak alive of 4 years since it’s last tournament win. Part of the main fabric that traditionally makes us who we are is torn apart.

I mean does that not register with the BOT and Barnhart & Co? How much longer are we supposed to sit here and accept mediocrity? Maybe next year they'll make the tournament and win one game! Yay! Progress!

Apathy is fading and I now I’m getting pissed off as every fan should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT