ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Would love to know what chemical cocktail the Chiefs medical staff whipped up to take Mahomes from Old Yeller status to prancing pony after his leg was clearly disfigured these past two games.

* If you're on the side of "that was a penalty, you have to call it" then have fun with 40 flags a game, because you're going to be calling that on a DB or any number of letter-of-the-law fouls each snap.

* Less than two weeks ago there were folks saying Oats needs to prove himself in March/not sure he could handle it here in Lexington. Guessing that's no longer the case.

* Looking forward to some transparence from Uncle Sam on these encounters.

Here's a thought - next time we notice one of these things floating in our airspace (today), get up there with one of your reconnaissance birds and take some quality photos/video first before sending a Raptor to obliterate it.

* Stumbled across one of the greatest films ever made over the weekend - Ski School. Acting, soundtrack and attire so incredibly awful you marvel at its obsurdity. The late 80's/early 90's between glam and grunge styles was weird AF. Like they were required by union to douse every scene in neon Crayola highlighter colors.

* Amazing the amount of money wasted on these Super Bowl spots. Just lighting money on fire. Be stretching it to say there were 3 memorable spots.

* Speaking of flushing money (non UKMBB), two years ago crypto dominated that space. Saw more bullsh*t spots for digital currency than boner pills. What a scam 😂 and zero held accountable. Amazing.

* Rhianna and that style of music isn't my jam, but get why they have acts like that at halftime. That said, do something creative. Change set pieces/attire. Bring in another artist or two. The performance was meh minus.

* Anyone have a still shot of the new gridiron unis? TIA

Last edited:
The foremost authority on crypto scams is a guy whose handle is (yes, I’m serious) Coffeezilla. I’ve tried to watch a few of his YouTube videos, but I’m so completely in the dark on the industry that it just doesn’t make sense to me.

Howevva — basically there were like a million idiot knuckleheads out there who started their own totally made up digital currency, hyped it up online via YouTube/TikTok/Insta/etc, then took everyone’s money and ran.

I hate that I didn’t get in on this. Easy cash.

Reactions: roguemocha
- The movie studios have figured it out...pay less money for a shorter SB commercial that points people to a website for the "full trailer", where they'll make money off the clicks. But the days of booking a bunch of celebs and hoping that their zany antics will make for a great SB commercial seem to be pretty much over. I mean, the best commercial, IMO, was the Amazon commercial where the family gets a second dog. For about 90 seconds, it caused me to think that we should do the same, before I snapped out of it.

- Thinking back through Super Bowls of my childhood, I'm not sure there's a more iconic SB highlight than John Riggins breaking that tackle and rumbling down the sideline to give the Redskins Washington Football Team Commanders the clinching TD against the Dolphins. That slow-mo footage is burned into my memory forever.

- Didn't notice it mentioned in GYERO during the game, but that booth combo of Burkhart and Olsen is fantastic. They tell the story without becoming the story. Best currently in the business, IMO.

- Rihanna's catalog is great, and there was nothing wrong with the show. It just never went to another level. Kept waiting for someone to jump on stage with her, like Jay when "Run This Town" came on. Just kinda middling all the way around.

- Mahomes has a weird voice.

-Doesn't matter where the pass is you f*cking dolt. It was holding, not pass interference. The call was questionable because you could call that on about any play. Still a great game and I'm never going to be sad about a Philly team losing.

-Mahomes is just a bad mofo and Reid is a wizard. All there is to it.

-Hurts balled out. Good for him.

-Sunrise getting earlier and sunset later. Noticeable this morning as we're pulling out for school. Still up close to 6 last night. Wil be almost 70 this week. Shew boy, we've almost made it. Cheers, gents, and suck it fat ankles. Time is almost up.

-Big Sky, Montana last week for some skiing. My second visit and I just love that area. Can't wait to get back. People are a hell of a lot more friendly, once they realize you're not from California, than Colorado. Impossible to not get lost staring at the mountains, just unreal views out there.
*Place is massive. 3 days on the slopes and still only covered about 60% of the resort. Strava for skiing is badass.
* 1 day fishing the Gallatin. Was supposed to snow shoe a few miles in to a remote location on the Maddison but we got turned around in Yellowstone Park by a legit white out blizzard. 7" in under an hour. Which is f*cking badass. So spent the day, in a blizzard, wade fishing, and crushing the Gallatin River. Unreal.
*Apres isn't quite up to the big Colorado resort towns, yet. We managed to find some good spots.
*Cross Country course right next to our VRBO, I'd really like to try that.
*Caught up on Ski School, Ski Patrol, and Hot Dogs during the down time. Gratuitous nudity needs a comeback.
*Exhausted.

-New bike day. Old bike has nearly 22k miles on it. Been a helluva ride for the last 9 years.

-These 7 year olds are becoming rapscallions.

I'm a neutral on anything NFL related- so really only wanted Philly to have a chance at the end for the sake of theatre. Especially after that KC defense seemingly completely just lost Smith altogether. Lost opportunity for the script writers.

I dont really understand the whole- "NONE OF Y'ALL PICKED US!" routine from Kelce, when in-fact it seemed like lots of folks believed them to be a contender throughout the year. The underdog mentality doesnt sound as good to the common viewer when its completely fabricated.

Did the Air Force ever consider shooting down "Ballon Boy"? Would they if he were Chinese?

ftc0722-gginfamy.jpg

Gracie Hunt.

The addition of the caddie conversations on certain holes at the WM was interesting. The spot with Tom Kim looking at a shot 220 to the hole, pulling a 4 iron, not realizing the tucked pin on a downslope over a ridge and his caddie immediately telling him "Absolutely not" and giving him an option of a 5 iron or a strong 6 bc it has to land it at 200 and not a yard further. Thats the shot he hits and it rolls out to a couple feet... Those guys are machines.

Oats continuing to extend his contract and increase his buyout is bad on both fronts that he's less likely to end up in Lexington anytime soon, and also he's just going to keep dumping more dirt on the shambles of a program that we are trotting out. His portal use has been as impressive as anything. It still wild to me that we've never really had a portal stud... we've had a couple guys that were fine- but nobody that really has made a positive impact.

Playing Sweetens Cove this weekend for the first time. My goal for 2023 is to get back to a single digit handicap. LONG way to go for that.

• Mahomes looks kind of goofy and has a funny voice, but he plays it perfectly with his self-deprecating humor on commercials. I bet he's a good hang (unless his brother came along).
  • I think the best half-time shows are high-energy pop. Is that my favorite music? No. But I think it works well with the Super Bowl. Bruno Mars comes to mind. That was a good show. The infamouse Janet Jackson / Justin Timberlake one was good too. I went and walked the dog for Rhianna - always thought she was mid.
  • I hated the call, but I get why it was called. The side judge (or whoever made that call) is looking for keys like a hand around the waist and progess being slowed. I would assume it's almost instictive.
  • The move on the "let the guy score" routine has to be "drag that effer into the endzone". Was a possibility last night as he stopped on the 1.
  • Interesting that a good Super Bowl has completely overshadowed us allegedly shooting down a mystery aircraft flying at 40K feet our fighter pilots described as a disc-shaped device with no method of propulsion. I'd like to know more about that. Didn't it hit the ground? Where is it?
  • The most egregious call if I'm a Philly fan is the Devonte Smith "drop" where he didn't have control. Had it been a closer game at the time that stays with Philly 10 out of 10 times.

I would guess Mahomes had a cocktail of pain killers, hydrocortisone and plenty of HgH for the last two weeks, then they’ll figure out the rest in the off-season.

Reactions: Col. Angus
* Stumbled across one of the greatest films ever made over the weekend - Ski School. Acting, soundtrack and attire so incredibly awful you marvel at its obsurdity. The late 80's/early 90's between glam and grunge styles was weird AF. Like they were required by union to douse every scene in neon Crayola highlighter colors.
If there is one thing from the 80's missing it's this. Movies made for teens/college kids, sometimes raunchy, sometimes coming of age, but with humor. Matts Catts probably has a better list but here are some.
Fast Times
Porkys
Weird Science
Ski School
Ski Patrol
Hot Dog- The Movie
Losing It
Making the Grade
Spring Break
One Crazy Summer
My Tutor
Class

Reactions: FargenBastich
Everyone is bitching about the holding call. Lest I remind the Chiefs were on the 15 because their crippled QB ran up the middle untouched for 30 yards 3 plays earlier. Chiefs were gonna be up 3 anyway you slice it … just a matter of giving Eagles 45 more seconds to move it.

BTW: Eff Philly.

Everyone is an underdog who no one believes in, according to the pre-Super Bowl melodrama montage:

- Pat Mahomes- son of a pro baseball player? Underdog

- Devonta Smith - HeismanTrophy winner and what 3/4 year starter at Alabama? No one believed in him.

- Jalen Hurts- played QB at two of the Top 5 programs in college football. Underdog.

- Etc. etc.

Garbage.

The refs missed a pretty easy holding call on a KC receiver in the first half, and I’m sure they heard about it and were on alert afterwards.

- We may hire Oats someday if a couple real guys take Mitch by the collar again like they did 14 years ago. That said, there are SEVERAL guys right now who would be excellent hires.

- Super Bowl commercials are like the Slam Dunk Contest - about 30 years past their prime - try-hard too-clever BS.

- Frankly, I don’t like having a shared experience with the rest of the world. It’s the worst thing about the Super Bowl.

If there is one thing from the 80's missing it's this. Movies made for teens/college kids, sometimes raunchy, sometimes coming of age, but with humor. Matts Catts probably has a better list but here are some.
Fast Times
Porkys
Weird Science
Ski School
Ski Patrol
Hot Dog- The Movie
Losing It
Making the Grade
Spring Break
One Crazy Summer
My Tutor
Class
Can’t Buy Me Love
Better Off Dead
Back to School
Revenge of the Nerds

Many more but some of my favorites you missed.

- We may hire Oats someday if a couple real guys take Mitch by the collar again like they did 14 years ago. That said, there are SEVERAL guys right now who would be excellent hires.

Oats is the dream candidate, and the guy to make tell you "no" several times before moving on, but I'm with you and Llama. There's a LOT of guys out there who are capable of recruiting and coaching at a high enough level to win a title here. I'm good with ANY of them at this point. They'd all be an upgrade.

Plus about the UK job I wasn't expecting when Cal left, we have f*cking sucked for awhile. So, following "a legend", isn't really an issue at this point. New guy will be an instant hero.

Also, if UK comes calling to the Alabama Men's Basketball Coach, we're making that hire. Get real.

All that being said, I have no idea how this thing actually ends, because firing Cal isn't an option any time soon.

Supposing the wildcat logo (which I hate) on the shoulders is in scale, and that the grey trim (which I hate) is indication we are bringing back the grey pants (which I surprisingly don't hate), I should be okay with the new football unis. It was time for a refresh. The stripes on the pants have me a bit excited tbh...

Now I just hope they actually release them and don't make us wait months. That would be some BS.

Also curious if throwbacks were part of the package... doubt it, but the surprise 93 basketball unis gives me some hope.

Fresh field and unis will be nice on the old eyes this fall...

Last edited:
I still think if someone will guarantee him $50 mill in a contract this offseason, he'll bounce. With zero buyout and a portable #1 recruiting class, I think there's definitely a market for him, despite how much he's sucked the last five years.

He just looks tired, checked out, and over all the criticism he's getting. He says he doesn't hear the negativity and tunes it out, but that's complete horseshit.

I think it's 50/50 he's gone after this year.

Assuming we don't pull a rabbit out of our ass and miss the tournament, I don't see how the administration doesn't nut up and arrange a buyout.

If you look around the football/basketball landscape, we're one of the few successful Power 5 programs that hasn't had to do the buyout/hire dance with multiple football/basketball coaches over the past decade. Those programs have kept the lights on, surely our brain-trust can figure out how to make it work.

Besides, those buyouts are negotiable. They'll put the payments on deferred note to ease the short-term impact. Cal will get his money, which is all he seems to care about at this point.

Agree, but if he wants to keep coaching UK's not going to be on the hook for all of it (if that offset clause in his contract is real) and it's paid out over time. A lump sum might look attractive.

I mean WTF do I know. I just hope there are some smart people on Administration Drive at least discussing it...

Reactions: jayroon
I'll go out on a limb (that poor limb! lolz) and say that if they miss the tournament (they're currently listed as a last four in), I could see USC being a landing spot for Cal.

They just swung big with Lincoln Riley and saw immediate dividends. They're about to be flush with Big Ten cash. It's their chance to enter a new conference and usher in a new era with a new coach. And for Cal, it's a place with plenty of sports history, but no basketball history, so he gets to create his own. Gets to live in L.A., plenty of local talent to recruit, and an attractive landing spot for those in the portal.

It just makes sense to me. Enfield, though a decent coach, has no juice out there. Cal would give them the buzz they'd be looking for.

Cal doesn't strike as one to leave a penny on the table.
Stretching payments out doesn’t mean he will leave money on the table. Would expect he’d get more over time and with interest, just wouldn’t cripple UKAA with a lump sum distribution.

Meeting with Smokin’ Pat now, so I’ll get the deets from a master of numbers.

Reactions: jayroon
-Ugly UK loss this weekend. Just don't know how it can get worse. The apathy is off the charts.
-Great Super Bowl. That call doesn't bother me at all. He hindered the receiver and it's a TD if he doesn't.
- SB Commercials didn't do a thing for me. Usually there are several that are good, just a lot of meh this year.
-When did we get a black national anthem? What would happen if there was a white one?
-Hard to understand WTF is going on with all these objects getting shot down. Seems a distraction to me.
-70 this week? Let's get those clubs cleaned off.
-And I have said this over and over: Give me an NIT this year, next year, and the entire incoming class goes elsewhere if it means Calipari resigns today. He is the epitome of the guy who hates his job and cannot wait to leave the company that he hates.
-And when he leaves, we will have tons of qualified and exciting candidates to choose from. No worries at all there.

Reactions: roguemocha
-When did we get a black national anthem? What would happen if there was a white one?
Well they made up a black Christmas (Kwaanza) that no one celebrates / even thinks about except for the inevitable "Happy Kwaanza" email sent by schools, politicians and big businesses, so this will have a long shelf life too.

Reactions: kyboy1998
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT