ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Cal is a salesman with a dead account right now. He is stuck going through the motion because he has to.

The truth is, this team gave up around the USC game and they NEVER bought in because we never won a big game that would trigger anything for them to buy into.

The bigger issue I have as a fan is that I could see not one player from this team coming back! In a world of the Portal, every single one of our underclassmen have reason to leave after a season like this, and then compound that with no playing time next season because of the class coming in.

Livingston, Ware, Collins, Thiero and Onyenso could all see the writing on the wall. Wallace is a pro, and that leaves the SRs that are gone.

Good luck next season with those FR and another round of transfers.

- That said, I don’t think Cal is toast like many others do. I think a weird set of snowballing circumstances got us to this point and it’s irreversible now.

I realize we haven’t won a tournament game in blah blah blah……..but two of those teams were Top 10 teams Jan/Feb/March too!

- If this marriage ends it’s because Cal wants it to. There is no spine in the administration that is willing to do what it takes to remove Cal at this point.

- NFL moves on to the funnest part of their season for me. Combine, Free Agency and the Draft. Their budgets increase this year by 16M per team which is quite the chunk for quite a few with a lot of question marks.

I won’t discuss the Titans, but the Bengals will benefit from that trying to figure out a Burrow extension and keeping Bates/Higgins this off season too as they look forward.

- Got my kiddo set up for Golf. Dude is excited as I’ve seen him. Turns out papaws clubs will fit him too, with a few minor adjustments which made me happy for non financial reasons.

Golf Galaxy is a place I’ve never set foot in, but that place gives credence to “kid in a candy store” for golfers.

- RE: pregnant chicks…….I bartender with a dude that loved pregnant chicks! I mean he would gravitate to them in front of his wife and not even realize what he was doing attracted.

He tried to explain it to me one day, but I can’t remember much of what he said as I was totally overcome with the weirdness of being that attracted to it.

Those dudes do exist.

- I too thought a Jay-Z appearance would pop for Rhianna, and as long as Jay is partnered up somehow with the NFL I’d expect more of his contacts to be the half time show for along time.

- The NBA playoffs are going to be a blast! The Lakers, Suns and Clippers are all better. Pretty sure the Nuggets are too after adding Reggie Jackson to backup Murray.

But “my” Grizzlies are not better! In fact if there was a team the SHOULD have packaged a few young players and picks for Durant, it was the Grizz.

- KSR should already be recruiting GYERO to move over to their new forum.

[QUOTE="krazykats, post: 11703334, member: 5120]

- Got my kiddo set up for Golf. Dude is excited as I’ve seen him. Turns out papaws clubs will fit him too, with a few minor adjustments which made me happy for non financial reasons.

Golf Galaxy is a place I’ve never set foot in, but that place gives credence to “kid in a candy store” for golfers.

[/QUOTE]

Would recommend Golf Headquarters instead - by far. Ask for Keith.

I agree with krazy the Bengals should try to keep their QB and top 2 WRs.
Not exactly my point, but they certainly need to figure out how to balance it.

Obviously Bates at safety isn’t as important, but he is a key player on that defense that is immediately a possible loss this offseason.

Higgins is next year but if you don’t figure him out, he could get 20M per in FA, then that makes Burrow/Chase that much more complicated.

Anyway, that extra 16M THIS off-season helps out a bunch!

A couple weeks ago I said CJ was a liability if he can't make shots. Anth posted some long post how that wasn't accurate, and then Chad agreed with him.
Obviously you can tell the posters who never played the game. Wish they would stick to post about cycling and being woke.

A couple weeks ago I said CJ was a liability if he can't make shots. Anth posted some long post how that wasn't accurate, and then Chad agreed with him.
Obviously you can tell the posters who never played the game. Wish they would stick to post about cycling and being woke.
To have been hailed as a pure shooter, he really hasn't made shots all season.
Reeves has easily been more effective from 3.

Reactions: UKRob 73
- USC, Llama? You think Calipari with his massive ego would leave Kentucky for
USC? I get it’s LA but that is a dead end job with no relevance. Plus, will they pay him more than $9 large a year? Not happening.

Say what you want about his coaching but by all accounts Cal is a great manager of his own money. He’s not going to take a pay cut to go a school that plays second fiddle to UCLA in its own town and the town as a whole doesn’t give 2 craps about college basketball with everything else going on in Southern California.

- I’m sure if and when Calipari is no longer the coach the people making the call (Barnhart won’t be going rogue) are going to sit there and tell themselves.. Oates just signed an extension at Alabama and they have a really nice, new arena in Tuscaloosa. We shouldn’t make the call because he’s happy down there. Let’s move on.

This is fng Kentucky. When Kentucky calls the Alabama basketball coach making him priority #1 giving him the keys to kingdom to win a national championship he will take the damn job.

If Calipari was a potentially washed up football coach, this wouldn't even be a problem. There's like 75 D1 football programs who all think they should win the National Championship every year, each with at least an alum or two willing to write a blank check to make it happen.

In college basketball, there's like 5 schools in the country that legit give a damn about the sport.

We're in a neighborhood of $500,000 houses, and just spent $1.3 million. Great house, but you overpaid, and nobody is gonna bail you out.

-Ugly UK loss this weekend. Just don't know how it can get worse. The apathy is off the charts.
-Great Super Bowl. That call doesn't bother me at all. He hindered the receiver and it's a TD if he doesn't.
- SB Commercials didn't do a thing for me. Usually there are several that are good, just a lot of meh this year.
-When did we get a black national anthem? What would happen if there was a white one?
-Hard to understand WTF is going on with all these objects getting shot down. Seems a distraction to me.
-70 this week? Let's get those clubs cleaned off.
-And I have said this over and over: Give me an NIT this year, next year, and the entire incoming class goes elsewhere if it means Calipari resigns today. He is the epitome of the guy who hates his job and cannot wait to leave the company that he hates.
-And when he leaves, we will have tons of qualified and exciting candidates to choose from. No worries at all there.
You’re so silly man. The National Anthem we play now IS the White National Anthem if you ask the people that want a black one.
- I’m sure if and when Calipari is no longer the coach the people making the call (Barnhart won’t be going rogue)
Dude, he’ll 100% be coming to your boy over here for advice on the next hire so if you all want to get in Mitch’s ear you may want to mind your Ps&Qs with me…

80 proof - Any comment on the Wade Poor situation in Woodford County? On the surface it sounds underhanded, but you never know.

In a normal year, Mississippi State would pick Wednesday night as the *one* night a year they go completely bananas -- white out, student section packed to the gills, people camping out for 3 days, rape their cattle, bang their sisters, give their slaves a PTO day, bring back all their famous alumni, retire Renardo Sidney's number, harass the opposing team with racist chants....

.....but, do they even give enough of a damn this year? A win over an NIT-bound Kentucky squad just doesn't elicit the same hatred and vitriol. Kinda happy to fly under the radar.

But we are going to lose Wednesday. For sure.

Reactions: jayroon

On a normal team with a reasonable amount of guards, you may be right. On our team, with a third of its roster centers, I stand by my position.

I called it back in 2021 in this very thread that I think something is wrong with Cal. He was looked sick then. The dude just isn’t the same. I hope he’s fine obviously but something is off. His personality is different. He looks sick. He’s not doing his normal press. Idk. Just bizarre.

I hate the new wildcat logo and I’m not a fan of it being displayed more prominently on the football uniforms.

I hate that we wasted our ‘93 throwbacks on such a shit team.

I have nothing planned for Valentine’s Day tomorrow. Gonna have to just wing it. Hopefully Kroger has some flowers left at 4pm. My 11yo bought his girlfriend a necklace and candy. Making me look like an absolute CHUMP. GD it.

Scott drew would be like my 4th or 5th place preference. I hope it’s not true that he’s Mitch’s number 1 choice. Man I wish Mitch would just take a job selling bibles at the ark encounter or something.

-There are two people who no one ever believed in:

The homeless

Multimillionaire professional athletes who were
fought over by coaches and GMs their entire lives

- Cal is like a meatball sub when you ordered chicken Parmesan or whatever the f*ck who cares he absolutely sucks

- At least UNC, Louisville, and Duke absolutely blow

- I know I’m a pretentious asshole but good lord all inclusives suck ass. How adults go to these if they don’t have children I’ll never understand. The amenities and activities and all that shit for kids is great but the food and drinks and anything an uppity asshole enjoys about vacations are awful

- I know I’m a pretentious asshole but good lord all inclusives suck ass. How adults go to these if they don’t have children I’ll never understand. The amenities and activities and all that shit for kids is great but the food and drinks and anything an uppity asshole enjoys about vacations are awful

I agree with your point and have never been on an all-inclusive, but I do see one benefit. It pisses me off to no end getting completely gouged at nice hotels / resorts on basic drinks or pool food.

I was at the Ritz at Beaver Creek for skiing last year. For lunch outside they were selling burgers, chili, etc... everything was like $25. I get it, I'm at the Ritz and things are going to be expensive. But the chili was luke warm, the burgers were from frozen patties, and it took forever to get a beer. I'd be a lot more tolerable for those things if they were "free".

I'm sorry you are too poor to truly enjoy fine establishments, Wayne.

* The ceremony on Saturday to celebrate the 96, 97, and 98 teams is coming at the worst and best time. The current sorry state of affairs is going to stand in stark relief to the glory years of the late 90s. It has to be a kick in the knackers to Calipari that he has not exceeded Pitino's run at UK and arguably hasn't done better than Tubby. (Cal v. Tubby comes down to whether you value Final Fours more than not missing the tournament, imo.)

If we get our asses whipped, there are no excuses at this point. Having a bunch of former players in town to make dissatisfaction unequivocally known to Barnhart and the university could go a long way toward actual change (we hope).

* Speaking of vacations -- my wife wants to go on a cruise. I've never been on a cruise and, frankly, it sounds like hell to me to be stuck on a boat with a bunch of drunk strangers. But she's all in and vacations are more important to her than me, so I'll be a good husband and do what she wants.

Probably shooting for next January or February -- assuming the aliens haven't invaded by then. Looking to go for a week and something that is an easy back and forth from Lexington.

Any ideas? We've both got passports, so I'm thinking something in the Caribbean.

Reactions: grantbob
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT