ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
or, maybe tiger is just old and injured?

hes 39. been operated on about a dozen times. some of you goofballs act like there really is a fountain of youth. for so-called golf experts..........[eyeroll]

But who's more NOW?

The Big Lead:

Below, I’ve listed the supporting cast ranks for LeBron’s vs Jordan’s. For fun, I’ve included the rank of the opponent’s supporting casts in an effort to see who has faced tougher teams in the Finals:

LeBron
2011 (10th vs Mavs, 58th)
2012 (21st vs Thunder, 25th)
2013 (39th vs Spurs, 2nd)
2014 (55th vs Spurs, 7th)
2015 (60th vs Warriors, 14th)
2007 (61st vs Spurs, 11th)

Michael Jordan:
1991 (53rd vs Lakers, 31st)
1996 (1st vs Sonics, 3rd)
1998 (5th vs Jazz, 52nd)
1997 (6th vs Jazz, 29th)
1992 (24th vs Blazers, 27th)
1993 (49th vs Suns, 26th)

Summary: LeBron has had one very good supporting cast, two OK supporting casts, and three really, really bad ones. Jordan had three great supporting casts, two OK supporting casts, and one really bad one.

As for the teams Jordan and LeBron faced … we covered this a couple years ago, and nothing’s changed: LeBron’s faced much better teams in the Finals than Michael Jordan. That’s undeniable.

Periscope is basically the app version of what Justin.tv started out as 10 years ago, not really a novel concept at all. Justin.tv eventually just turned into people broadcasting video games and sold for around $1 billion.

or, maybe tiger is just old and injured?

hes 39. been operated on about a dozen times. some of you goofballs act like there really is a fountain of youth. for so-called golf experts..........[eyeroll]
Yeah, and VJ Singh won 22 times in his 40's. Sure he's older but my one basic point is it's in his mind. It's not this swing coach/change bullshit. His mind is toast.

Reactions: _Chase_
Crazy how deep the Warriors are. They have *very* capable players 2-3 deep at every position....and that doesn't even count David Lee.

Bogut/Festus/Speights are a really good little trio to rotate in that all offer completely different games. Iggy, Barbosa, Livingston, could play for anyone.

Kinda funny to me Speights is such an offensive/instant points kind of niche player...don't recall his game being anything like that.

...I stayed up last night, but I don't think I'll make all the games. Even with the games being as entertaining as they are, that's just difficult for me. And [eyeroll] at the spacing of the games/no weekend night. That kinda sucks -- can basically guarantee I won't make it past halftime on Sunday night.

That was a fun basketball game to watch last night. Somehow managed to enjoy it without making comparisons to Michael Jordan, Bill Laimbeer, or other all time greats. Just kinda sat back on my couch with an IPA and watched a good sports game for a few hours.

Guess I did it wrong.

Yeah, and VJ Singh won 22 times in his 40's. Sure he's older but my one basic point is it's in his mind. It's not this swing coach/change bullshit. His mind is toast.

did vijays body consistently break down throughout his 30s, causing his to be operated on and shut down repeatedly?

Periscope is basically the app version of what Justin.tv started out as 10 years ago, not really a novel concept at all. Justin.tv eventually just turned into people broadcasting video games and sold for around $1 billion.
I remember 10 years ago like it was yesterday.

Everyone had tiny computers with video cameras in their pocket and the country was blanketed with LTE.

good call.

mind is f'd. 6-time surgically repaired knee, and every other ailment imagineable is on point.

I don't there there is anyone who has been smacked around on this site more than PTI when it comes to golf. Phil can't win the British, next week after us telling him he's playing well, he wins the British. Tiger is done and injured and had 1 billion surgeries, then in 2013 Tiger wins 5 times on tour and the Player of the year.

Stick to teeing off with your 7-iron, then hitting your 7 iron 9 more times and tapping in with your 7-iron and please leave the big boy golf talk to the guys who know and are in tune with the game.

It's 100% mental at this point...he plays/hits it fine when he's not in a tournament, per EVERYONE associated with him. That has nothing to do with physical injury.

He's still making tons of birdies...but he hits so many terrible shots it completely negates them. I mean, I'm a better driver of the golf ball than Tiger currently, and it's probably not even close.

Reactions: _Chase_
Keep in mind, the East was THE conference when Jordan played. Now the West is. So, MJ faced his toughest challenge in the Conference finals, not Championship. Hate Jordan, Doc and Dominique fan, only difference in the two, Jordan's will to win and ALWAYS scored when it counted. I tell you what is close in comparison, is how much the 2 cry for all the calls, both all ready get / got their fair share, but cry for more.

Old school v/s New school, who you got ?

Steph Curry or Allen Iverson ? Both with sick handles, I give the edge to A.I. cause he was fearless in the lane. Talk about someone who had NO help. His shooting % may not be in Curry's league, but GD he had to shoot.

There is one Woods whose mind is right. Cheyenne Woods shot a smooth 63 and hit 14/14 fairways to tie the first day lead on the LPGA tour.

gty_475867196_73536821.jpg

i NEVER said tiger was done. never. still think he'll win a major. maybe 2. ive had the same stance for 5+ years. its you buffoons who, up until last week, thought he had 5 or 6 or 7 left in him that were smacked around. seriously, rewing gyero a year, and you're still giving it 75% chance he knocks off jack nicklaus. nobody has been smacked around more re: tiger than you, cawood.

The UH has been installed at thenewcws.com. Looks pretty dope, actually.

Of course I'd still rather win the Sugar Bowl.
The landscaping around the stadium and recruiting center is getting a pretty significant upgrade, so you could reasonably expect a sugar bowl in the next few years. We won't win, of course. But the switchgrass is going to be stunning in early October.

That turf looks pretty dope, actually. Basically what Oregon does (which I love). As long as our entire team doesn't get cancer from the ground-up rubber, we should be good.

Good idea that becomes bad idea - a couple first half NBA Finals beers. The struggle was real late third/early fourth quarter to stay awake.

Lass was craving burger last night, so we hit 5 Guys b/c she's never been. I'd only been once before.

Fine, but I'd rather have a Big Mac any day. HomeRun Burgers is definitely better for that style, just as I remembered.

-Calcutta tonight, Member/Member this weekend -- aka, my annual $500-1000 donation to the club. Paired again with my buddy, who's a 2--3 index -- which we have a 0% chance of doing anything, as we'll be the lowest combined Index in the field yet again. Dicked around and waited too late to search for a prime partner with some strokes, but didn't want to sit out the most fun event of the year.

Good news is we won't go too high in the Calcutta, b/c everyone knows what type of team it takes to win. With a mandatory 50% buyback, I suppose that's a bit of a relief. Pot should be around $30,000 again, so it's at least fun to get drunk and join the cart army to follow the leaders in, and then onto the shootout.

I need to learn sandbagging. [eyeroll]

-Kyrie Irving has a little 'girl step' to his shot that *really* gets on my nerves. I suppose his all-world handles make up for it a bit. He & Curry are just filthy on the bounce, the two best in the world. I guess you could throw Jamal Crawford in there.

-Josh Jackson is my #1 in 2016...don't like the fact he's gonna be coached by Miller in the U19. Jerry Meyer is a buffoon when it comes to recruiting predictions/inside info, but he's really good/experienced as a scout/evaluator. For as deep/crazy as the class is, we don't seem to be leading for any of the turbo studs (Jackson, Giles, Tatum)

He has Jackson as the Best 2G he's scouted since his career began in 2004 (he just missed the Lebron Class) -- that's pretty strong praise.

His 'Best I've Scouted List'

PG - Derrick Rose (2007) Also considered: John Wall, Shaun Livingston
SG - Josh Jackson (2016) Also considered: Eric Gordon, Demar Derozan
SF - Kevin Durant (2006) Also considered: Andrew Wiggins, Ben Simmons
PF/C - Greg Oden & Demarcus Cousins Also considered: Anthony Davis

Article with his analysis of how/why: http://247sports.com/Article/Best-hoopsters-247Sports-expert-Jerry-Meyer-has-scouted-36761248

-Haven't had a drink all week. Pretty impressive. Didn't even think about it until this morning for some reason.

-Surprised to love the endzones, freaking love the 2 tone field, hat the grey numbers, hate the H, love the recruiting area, love the breakout of the club level, love the rise of the media area.

-Been putting some serious bike time in. Legs are feeling great. Hope to be below 200 by the time Baby G gets here. Probably be a struggle after that. I don't make good diet decisions when I'm tired and cranky.

-Watched a bit of the game. Meh, just can't get into the finals this year. No real reason.

-PTI(pti) is somewhat right. I don't think Tiger trusts his body. I think he swings defensively to protect himself and for a good reason. Is the next swing going to be the one that puts him back under the knife. His biggest strength is now his worst problem. Still though he's mentally torched. I think he needs to play more. Not sure Butch and Steve are going to help in that category.

-Since the Tour is right around the corner, and is easily my favorite non-UK sports event of the year, I picked up "The Secret Race: Inside the hidden world of the Tour de France." Basically one of Armstrong's old teammates laying out all the specifics on the PHDs and how they went about it. Great quick read though. Interesting how f*cking insane Armstrong really is, 3rd book I've read about him, and even his closest friends are pretty open about how much of an asshole the dude is. The details and way they avoided getting busted are really entertaining.

-PTI(pti) is somewhat right. I don't think Tiger trusts his body. I think he swings defensively to protect himself and for a good reason. Is the next swing going to be the one that puts him back under the knife. .

Exactly -------> *that* is a mental problem.

I appreciate liking the Tour, it's a great event -- but how in the world can that be your favorite non-UK event of the year?

You seriously like that better than the Masters/Majors/RC, BCS/SEC Title Game, World Cup, Derby, etc, etc? Not buying that for a second, sounds cute though.

Last edited:
While it doesn't seem like UK's in the lead for any of the 2016 "big three", it's a pretty deep class with a lot of nice backcourt options. Seems like we lead for Kobi Simmons, we're right there with Arkansas for Monk, and he's reached out to Fultz and Alkins as nice fallbacak options.

Plus, that Jonathan Isaac kid is absolutely blowing up, and I've read that UK is the leader for him. Would be nice to have an actual pure wing at the 3.

Hard to get a read on the bigs in that class. I know he's offered the Allen kid, as well as Azuibuike and Bolden, but I haven't seen any of them listed with actual leaders. Gotta get at least two more bigs in that class. Otherwise it would just be the big Kiwi kid in the frontcourt, assuming Lee/Skal both bolt.

73... You're a very bright individual with umpteen degrees from respected institutions and run a very successful business.

Don't get why everything in terms of sports comparisons has to be so black and white? You can enjoy this series and the brilliance of Lebron and Curry without comparing everything to MJ and the 80's and 90's NBA.

- I know I'm probably the biggest NBA honk here, but how can you not get into these Finals? Two most exciting players in the league.

- Josh Jackson and his mom are weirdos. No one has any idea about his recruitment.

- Some think Isaac is better than Tatum. Big wing who's blowing up. UK leada apparently. Lots of good combos, 2s and 3s in this class. Bigs not so much.

- How many times does this happen at a bar with Direct TV- you ask chick bartender to turn on the game...and she turns on the low def channel?

- PTI has eaten you guys up on Tiger. Sorry bout it.

- I miss Willy.

I've come to realize that I have a very limited interest in sports outside of college football and college basketball, and I'm fine with it.

NBA - Virtually none.
NFL - Passive, but enjoy.
MLB - Very fair-weather Reds fan. Like when the Yankees are winning the World Series.
PGA - Passive, but enjoy.
NHL - None.

Honestly, I'm probably into the dang soccer more than I am any other pro sport at this point. I mean, I'm FARRED up for the Champions League final tomorrow. :confused:

Future brother in law in Chicago is a raging Blackhawks fan. He and my sister live in a condo blocks from the United Center.

Last weekend they were in town. He was ecstatic like a Cats fan winning the regional to advance to the FF when the Blackhawks beat Anaheim to advance to the Stanley Cup. Know absolutely nothing about hockey but he says the games are an absolute blast to attend.

- I hate Lebron, and the Lebron apologists mostly because he never has a supporting cast, but in this series I'm seeing myself changing. Feel for the dude as he is in an underdog role and left all on the court.

- Sales is weird, go from frustrated to wow this is awesome, back to WTF happened to being busy, now in full on flood gates open. Shew!

- Does Bryant heating and air ever do commercial stuff? I see a ton of HVAC jobs in the 40/50K range that our company does nothing on, but could forward down the line.

Soccer interests me way more than it used to, but I still have no clue what league is what, etc...seems very complicated imo.

Pretty much a bandwagon World Cup guy for now I guess.

Much like SAE, while I still follow all sports from afar, my focus is definitely limited as I grow older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT