ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. That happened annually at Thunder and Post Derby. It contributed to the talk but this one was way worse. The old dude had sat by us for years.

Good times.

I'm not quite sure how Anthony survived that night to be honest. We ended up at 4th Street Live and had a blast .....no sign of Anth. ...never ....not for weeks

Well, it did end a longtime yearly family tradition...well, that + the other incident from that night.

Haven't been to Thunder since, don't imagine I will. After doing it up in style like that, anything else would suck ass..

Ah. That didn't end it. The whole thing just ran it's course. That's about the time derby became the main focus. Was pretty epic though. Something always happened on thunder though.

Freshman year nursed a fifth of Jim from the end of the last true "Midnight Madness" at Memorial until the JP early kick with LSU. Continued with another after the game.

Highlights include:
Getting kicked out of Tolly Ho
Getting kicked out of Kirwan 2
Jumping through an open window into an SUV of LSU fans who were talking shit as they tried to drive away
Nearly choking my roommate to death after he tried to stab me
Gashing myself on a shattered bathroom mirror in K Tower
Getting kicked out of O'Charleys
Falling through a glass coffee table while arguing about soccer

Ya know, typical freshman weekend.

Ha, indeed. Like seriously catching on fire...was hilarious at the time tho.

Ugliest weather/game I think I've ever attended...what was it, 25 degrees and POURING rain/sleet the entire day/night?

Those ones where everyone bands together, gets completely obliterated, and toughs it out are usually the most epic...

Did Willy bring the Black Haus or Rumpleminze? I always forget. That tailgate was epic except for UKO showing up.

- Enjoy craft beers. There's so much variety now and we have some fantastic stuff here locally. New Albanian and Apocalypse are the 2 best in the Louisville area, IMO. Never been to impressed with Against the Grain. Haven't been to Great Flood.

Country Boy in Lex has put out some of the best beers I've ever had. Nacho Bait, Cougar Bait, Shotgun Wedding.. All great. The best I've ever had there is Papaw's Red... A red ale brewed in Pappy barrels. Sweet mercy.

- Cavs in 7. Don't know why and maybe it's just bc I want LeBron to win one in Cleveland. Could be an epic series.

- Dawson is a cocky coon ass. Like him. Not strictly relying on mostly all true freshmen receivers this fall is huge. Anyone who is more than slightly disappointed in Stoops last year needs to have their head examined. Almost all of our best playmakers were true freshmen. That's a recipe for disaster in any conference much less the SEC. Still think we are 1 year away.

- Bilas was top notch on KSR. Love his sense of humor. That man is beyond well spoken.

- Wodie.. Don't give a rat's ass about your pizza expertise. Get pumped you country came to town, rube.

- This time on Saturday I'll be watching the waves crash with an ice cold colide in my hand. Maybe more excited for the lass. She's flat out exhausted with the residency schedule. Haven't seen her this relaxed and excited in a long time.

Last edited:
If anyone booked flights on SW from August 25th to December whatever, I'd call them and have them rebook you to save $/points. Saved 6k points on my flight to Chicago by rebooking under the $49 promotion. Of course the website was down and I was on hold for 2 hours but whatever.

I enjoy craft beer and whenever I'm traveling, I try to sample the local flavor. That said, in Lexington, I prefer the beers at Blue Stallion over West 6th and Country Boy. I have yet to try Ethereal. Anyone try it and have opinions?

My younger sister, totally normal smart person, came out yesterday as a 9/11 truther. So that was a pretty big shocker.

Reactions: Mashburned
I enjoy craft beer and whenever I'm traveling, I try to sample the local flavor. That said, in Lexington, I prefer the beers at Blue Stallion over West 6th and Country Boy. I have yet to try Ethereal. Anyone try it and have opinions?
Same as the other 10000 local American craft breweries. Great patio tho. I will agree on stallion at least they are different and besides that really obnoxiously tall bar its the best setup of the crew.

Puppies scent, BRax.

I like trying new beer when I'm out but lately when I'm buying to take home I stick with the "locals" from Cincinnati/Lexington- Rhinegeist, West 6th and MadTree always have some good seasonals coming out in their cans. Easy to get overwhelmed otherwise.

That being said- Lagunitas makes a really good lager and Green Flash makes some good IPAs- including a triple IPA that doesn't kill your taste buds, which may not be a good thing at 10% ABV. May go down a little too smooth.

And Curry's BS pump fake jump 2 feet right into the defender move trying to draw a foul might be the biggest pussy move in the history of the NBA. No better than flopping IMO. Great player and fun to watch. But I hate crap like that.

And the Warriors as an All-Time team?? Ummm, false. Any of the great Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Pistons, or even the Spurs teams, would've rolled them. No inside game at all. And the Cavs are complete garbage outside of Lebron.

Last edited:
You're right. Probably one of the 2 or 3 greatest games in NBA history. You know, since it happened last night.

That game was a blast to watch. Not every game has to be AN ALL TIME CLASSIC!! Sometimes basketball is just fun to watch, and that's all I ask for, imo

Yep, leave it to the insecure MJ/Old school humpers to ruin everything -- game was awesome to watch, which is EXACTLY what the NBA hasn't been for the longest time.

2 best players in the world combine for 72 points, Overtime, unreal atmosphere ---------> Hey, let's dog it and compare it to MJ, The Celtics, etc. [sick]

JORDAN WOULD HAVE MADE THAT SHOT LEBRON IS A PUSSY.

bwtxfczcmae-dec-large.png

[eyeroll]

Look forward to Michael Jordan being the #1 topic of this series, per usual. He's old, fat, and isn't playing unfortunately...so get over it.

I'll say it again, Jordan Pumpers are among the most insecure bunch on the planet.

BBdK is the only one i have seen mention it, BUT this periscope thing is pretty dope.

Golf tomorrow for grandad.

Tiger Woods is so mentally F'ed right now. It's his mental state that is affecting his swing and nothing more. His golf swing change built in excuse is just that, an excuse. Somehow he needs to clear his mind and regain confidence and imo you cannot do that with the shit, enabling team he has surrounding him. Two phone calls, one to Butch and one to Stevie, would immediately give him that confidence on the course that he needs. Why go down in flames and ruin a legacy because you are a stubborn POS? Make the calls asshole.

Roy Williams about to sign a new contract.

[laughing]

They probably figure their recruiting is screwed for the next few years anyway, may as well wait until some big names become available.

Nope. Lebron is the GOAT. Warriors are statistically one of the 2 or 3 greatest teams in NBA history. Steph Curry might be the greatest PG ever.

What a ballgame. The Warriors don't look the part of an all-time great but they just might be. Just relentless. Reminds me (to a much much greater degree of course) of our '11 team during its run. Having two deadeyes in the backcourt along with another good shooter or two spreads the floor and puts so much pressure on a defense.

James was amazing last night, too. May have ran out of gas.

LeBron is amazing, one of the best ever, creeping heavily into the conversation.

Warriors had one of the top 10 regular seasons in NBA History, and are without question one of the most fun to watch.

Steph Curry is absolutely incredible, arguably the best shooter ever, and certainly one of the most fun to watch.

Looks to be a great & highly entertaining series as expected.

GEORGEMIKANCELTICSLAKERSJORDANBALDAKFADLFJASDFLAFA. [sick]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT