ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAE was right, and I was talking about supplementing the new school's contract. Anth keeps saying he's stubborn as hell, but there's no way Cal is going to keep coming to work every single day for 10 more years and struggling to even make the tournament. That's a total scumbag move and a loser mentality, and he's anything but that.

I'll reiterate that there's about 315 D-1 schools that would love to have Cal, despite what we think of him right now. There's a huge market for his services, it's just that very few schools commit to basketball enough to spend even half what he's currently making. So if another school wants him at $5 million, I'd be thrilled if we chipped in the extra $3 or $4.

Where there any quotes/questions about Thiero not getting any minutes? Did I miss an injury?

With Wallace & Toppin out, us being spread out, Livingston playing like a bum per usual, and us getting boat raced it's inconceivable he didn't get a look, otherwise.

Gonna be dope watching him blossom into a 1st Rounder, and possible lotto somewhere else in a year or two, which I truly believe he will. Could easily argue he has the highest ceiling on the entire team.

He was reportedly going to take the UCLA job for less.

He doesn't want to be here. That's obvious. I think a nice place to live and a contract worth something like $30m over 6-7 years would get him where he'd need to be and feel okay about walking away, particularly if firing him for ~$40M is seriously on the table.
I don't believe that, the Lakers or the Cavs. I think he puts this shit out there on his own just like the Texas rumors. He plays the game.

I'm not trying to be debbie downer, but those of you hoping for a quick resolution, are really setting yourselves up for big time disappointment.

Where there any quotes/questions about Thiero not getting any minutes? Did I miss an injury?

With Wallace & Toppin out, us being spread out, Livingston playing like a bum per usual, and us getting boat raced it's inconceivable he didn't get a look, otherwise.

Gonna be dope watching him blossom into a 1st Rounder, and possible lotto somewhere in a year or two, which I truly believe he will.

If it makes you feel any better, Cal absolutely gushed about him in his postgame interview.

The players aren't good is also bullshit. Our top 6 is perfectly capable of being a tough ass team.
That is the problem. We have good players, but our $9million man can't turn them into a team.

These guys play like they don't like each other or their coaches. They obviously see the fans as a nuisance, which is learned behavior from their coach. They are confused on their roles because of poor leadership and mixed, inconsistent messages.

Cal has the ability to correct these things, we've seen him succeed at it before. I just don't think he has the desire and fortitude to do it anymore, he got to complacent

I do think he will show up the next 6 years, collect his paycheck, and struggle to make the tourney. He doesn’t think he’s the problem.

In his eyes, he sees a guaranteed $54mm and him not being the problem.

Mitch should be absolutely fired for giving out such a ridiculous contract. If he can’t raise the $40.5mm, he should be fired.

Oh, it won't be 10 years. Unless, he figures out how to turn this thing around. Maybe, I'm completely reading the situation incorrectly, but those of you hoping for a resolution this year? I just don't see how that happens. Maybe he walks after next season... who knows. But if forced to bet on it, he'll be your HC next season.

I don't believe that, the Lakers or the Cavs. I think he puts this shit out there on his own just like the Texas rumors. He plays the game.

I'm not trying to be debbie downer, but those of you hoping for a quick resolution, are really setting yourselves up for big time disappointment.

Well I (we) don't have to come along for the ride. So UK, Cal, Mitch, and the rest of them can EAD.

Lineups aren't even the issue anymore. We should beat South Carolina with Oscar, UGO, Collins, Livingston and Ware on the court. They suck. Something is bad wrong with this team. Turmoil, attitudes, etc.

CJ Fredrick might just be really dumb. Last night I watched Wheeler save a ball with Fredrick just standing nearby. Instead of moving to help out Wheeler and hopefully receive the ball, he stood there and watched it bounce right to a USC player. A couple plays later, CJ hit a three to cut it to 8 or something and celebrated like he hit a game winner. Something is off with that kid. Any UK basketball player that gets engaged in college has questionable judgment. Always has a nagging injury. There was that one game where he only touched the ball three times and fell down every time. Weird player.

Any adult who stays on a train for 29 hours with dogs shitting everywhere deserves it.

Can someone explain how JMI could keep Devin Leary from making an appearance at KSBar? Seems like the simple workaround is to not wear official UK gear or sign/sell anything with a logo on it. No one is showing up to catch a glimpse of a logo.

If we really owe Cal $40M or $55M or whatever it is, then Mitch should be fired as well. We can all be pissy about beerlessness, NIL-aversion, and general topbuttony, but those aren't necessarily fireable offenses. A $40M mistake is getting anyone fired, though.

I think Thiero, much like next years recruiting class, are all Cal first guys and will play wherever he's coaching next year.

Livingston sure as hell shouldn't. He's playing about 90% more minutes than he's earned, he should be counting his blessings.

Besides, Anth/Chad told me he was 100% NBA bound b/c he's tight with LeBron's camp. Lmao, ok. Can't wait to see how that works out.

**He did have 2 really strong moves last night late when he apparently had HS Flashbacks and was tired of getting schooled by his former peer. Finished one, but the most impressive one was the one he didn't, but was fouled. Actually drove and went up like his goal was to destroy someone for the first time all season.

Last edited:
Was Robic the main ingredient in all of Cal's success everywhere? Or coincidence.

Friendly reminder that tgh was on the Twitter machine yesterday lambasting Kentucky fans for being cheapskates who aren't willing to contribute more money for our program to be a success.

🤣 🤣

What an arrogant, tone deaf, hopelessly blind fool.
What, you don't think it's a wise investment for folks who want to see their teams competitive, but are living paycheck-to-paycheck, use what little discretionary income they have on NIL rights for college kids when we're in a recession, with inflation at 40 year highs and household staples scarce?

On the flip side, if they truly bleed blue, no better way to show it than put a second mortgage on the house and send in a fat check to the Collective to be a #1 Catfan.

Livingston sure as hell shouldn't. He's playing about 90% more minutes than he's earned, he should be counting his blessings.

Besides, Anth/Chad told me he was 100% NBA bound b/c he's tight with LeBron's camp. Lmao, ok. Can't wait to see how that works out.
I mean we've seen this same song and dance with the exact same player for the last decade.

Reactions: jayroon
If Cal is gonna go, it’s a package deal with his pack of recruits. It’s this year or bust. No school in their right mind would pay Cal without knowing they have this group coming with him.

I still don’t know WHY these kids are committed here. I mean, effing WHY? The style of play has NOTHING to do with the NBA.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
^ Clearly doesn't matter. Have you not noticed how routinely our guys overperform draft stock in the NBA? I think the game is just easier for them there after a year of playing in this hot mess & pressure cooker.

We're the top NIL Hoops school in the country, and then they get PAID in the NBA. Over and over and over. That particular track record speaks for itself.

I mean, there are literally like 2 that haven't. It's impossible to even keep up w/ all the dudes we have straight BALLING in the league right now.

Cal and Vince McMahon have a lot of similarities. Both made an incredible product...and drank their own Kool-Aid, and the times started passing them by, but their egos blinded them to the reality of the situation and they kept plowing forward (lol, literally in Vince's case). Both hemorrhage quality talent because the product on the court/in the ring has gotten shitty and they're difficult to work with. And unless someone has serious juice, nobody can save either of them from themselves.

And as much as I mean this as an insult to both guys, neither would take it that way.

You know what I would really welcome right now?

Our fat, delusional, overpaid, washed up head coach leaves town and takes his entire #1-ranked recruiting class with him. What we're left with is a scrappy, feisty, hungry ass coaching who's frothing at the mouth for success, and has to beg, borrow and steal just to cobble together a last minute group of rogues and misfits to piece back together our formerly gutted roster, which plays with a fire and passion and fun that we haven't seen in years.

I've read that book before, and I'm on board to read it again.

The good news is nobody won the lottery last night so if some diehard KY fan can win this weekend maybe they throw us all a bone and write a check to get this guy as far away from our program as possible and also wish Mitch the best in his future endeavors for giving him this insane contract to begin with.

- You could argue every single decision Cal has made this season has been wrong.

- I’m with Anth. It’s not as simple as lineups - especially at this point in the season when he’s lost the team and filed down every player’s confidence- but his lineups have been so bad, they pretty much hurt each player’s specific game:

* Tshiebwe is an elite garbage man - he doesn’t need plays, he needs space.

* Wheeler needs open lanes and tempo

* Wallace is the only guy so good he can be effective playing with anyone in any style, although to be his best, he needs the ball.

* Fredrick and Reeves need to play with other shooters so teams can’t key on them.

* Livingston can’t guard or drive wings. He needs to be at the PF.

* Toppin is an energy guy - he needs low usage.

* Collins is a rim-runner/shotblocker - why TF is he throwing entry passes and guarding the perimeter?

* Thiero is like Wallace - can be effective in any system but is green and needs minutes.

* Ware is a fine physical backup 5 who can give spot minutes in a grinder as ling as he has no place in your offense besides screening.

- Anyone who works with younger Millennials and Gen Z knows yelling and dogcussing doesn’t work anymore.

- That Georgia game is what I imagined all year 2014/2015. Saw it clearly in my head, Monday night National Championship Game, Booker and Aaron splashing 3s, our defense suffocating, Nantz cheesing it up with “the Wildcats are moving like a tremendous machine!” I’ll never get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT