ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that MF makes us pay him $40M because this mess just isn't tenable any longer it's going to be a good long while before he gets his name hanging at Rupp.

Not that he really gives a shit, but feels like that would change the perception of him pretty significantly. I do think he at least knows that much. Doubt that he truly cares, though.

Just a really nice piece of administrating by UK...

Oh he cares. You can’t spend that much time pretending you don’t read what people are saying when you don’t. He absolutely is bothered his legacy here is going to be tarnished, and he hates us because we hold his feet to the fire.

He’s a classic Sun Tzu play strong when when weak case.

If you go buying into the idea he doesn’t care you are a fool for how insecure he is with his legacy.

If that MF makes us pay him $40M because this mess just isn't tenable any longer it's going to be a good long while before he gets his name hanging at Rupp.

Not that he really gives a shit, but feels like that would change the perception of him pretty significantly. I do think he at least knows that much. Doubt that he truly cares, though.

Just a really nice piece of administrating by UK...
Tubby left like an absolute gentleman and he was welcomed back to Kentucky as an honored dignitary, as he damn well should have been. I'm dreading the day when Tubby passes. For people my age it will be the same as Joe B. going to Basketball Valhalla.

Between next year's class and the UK ambassador term of his contract, Calipari is going to be able to return next year unless he willingly leaves for another gig this summer (which I seriously doubt happens). If he doesn't take the university ambassador gig at that point and leave the state for a long time, his name will be worse than Pitino's in the BBN. Maybe worse than Billy Clyde's.

Barnhart has negotiated his way into a position where the only leverage is whether Calipari's vanity outweighs his greed.

Good times!

-Talking to a former UK player in the know today, he said Wallace had no back spasms. He got into it with Cal, grabbed his warmup shirt and went to the locker room with 3ish minutes to go and had zero desire to play anymore so they were like uhhhhh he has back spasms.

cobble together a last minute group of rogues and misfits
We’re ready bro!

• Love
Reactions: PTI (pti)
$40,000,000 makes me care less about a lot of things.
I get that, but he had to fight for that too! Which proves my point that he fought for that for a reason and it isn’t because he thinks he doesn’t deserve it or hasn’t earned it.

Top paid ball coach in the country meant something to him!

-Talking to a former UK player in the know today, he said Wallace had no back spasms. He got into it with Cal, grabbed his warmup shirt and went to the locker room with 3ish minutes to go and had zero desire to play anymore so they were like uhhhhh he has back spasms.

We’re ready bro!

Our man Will refuted this on HOB. Wallace doesn’t seem like the quitting kind.

I’m not sure if he quit last night or was “injured”, but if you think Wallace didn’t dog it in the AL game and last night while he was out there, you weren’t watching him very closely. His body language and effort were horrible in both games.

First person I thought of when reading Oscar’s quotes. And I love the kid.

Reactions: roguemocha
Our man Will refuted this on HOB. Wallace doesn’t seem like the quitting kind.
That’s not what this guy that played here under Cal said and also works for a certain sports network.

Just listened to KSR and Jones said the people sitting by the bench agreed it wasn’t back spasms. Just saying. I get it though, who wants to play in this dogshit offense not setting anyone up for success and getting rolled by USC?

Liggins pulled that stunt and redeemed himself. Let’s hope Cason does instead of going the mid season transfer route we’ve seen in the past.

I don’t think we make the tourney, but I’m damn hopeful we do somehow. It’s to long of a winter to just have nothing! Give me false hope at the least.

Kentucky is a bunch of inbred, slackjawed racists who are completely delusional and hateful towards our Hall of Fame Coach.

Honestly, I'm totally cool with this narrative. It blinds Calipari's potential suitors to his coaching shortcomings, and increases the likelihood he bolts.

It really just takes one guy. Michigan State gave Mel Tucker $90 million because one idiot with a $5 billion net worth just really liked him.

Okay.

Are people committing petty acts of vandalism at Cal’s house yet? They need to step it up, if not. Flaming grocery bags of dog shit on the front porch, bologna slices in the shape of a giant dong on the hood of his car, etc.

Some might say this lacks taste, but when you’re making $9M a year and completely failing at every material aspect of the job for which you are paid that money, and severely letting down four million people in the process, you deserve to put up with some bullshit.

Evergreen.

0-D57-AC7-F-C18-C-4746-BC7-E-902-B0-D2832-A0.jpg

Cal tried to blow that game. People forget.

Up 15 with 5:00 left and needed MKG to seal it.

Another take of mine that was ridiculed at the time but turned out to be omnipresent.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I haven’t watched wrestling in decades, but I’m all in on every single documentary, YouTube clip, bio, short movie, etc about the sport. The behind the scenes drama, shenanigans, and insanity is totally next level. I can’t imagine any other “sport” that’s more bizarre on and off the playing field. The amount of material is practically endless, too. We have at least 3 fairly well run pro wrestling leagues here in NOLA just that I’m aware of.

We want SCUTTLEBUT. We want SCUTTLEBUT.

Come on, Mags. Give us some juice about what is really going behind the scenes of this real life dumpster fire.
I don’t know why this team is bad. I hear some things but it’s just conjecture

The Calipari piece is different. It’s a long story but it can be summarized with this. He had a lot of allies on all levels that really helped him and who liked him a great deal. He has slowly run almost all of them off or ignored them. It is bizarre and I have no idea why it has happened. However it is has left him as a man on an island

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT