ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the Big Ten absolutely and completely blows. It’s a completely horrid conference. I live right in the middle of it - the conference BLOWS.

Has anyone actually seen what the conference is outside of Michigan and OSU? I mean actually looked at the teams? Here’s a typically Big Ten week sans OSU and Michigan:

Northwestern vs Iowa
Rutgers vs Michigan State
Northwestern vs Nebraska
Minnesota vs Indiana

Etc etc. I mean it’s putrid.

Last edited:
Just didn’t expect this. I really liked TCU’s ability to score to at least keep them within 10 or so and within reach to make it interesting.

At this point I just enjoy 3 white boys dominating in the most prestigious game of the damn season.

Goodness!

-cats holding this team to 16 is impressive...they have so many weapons. Good for us or whatever.

-they still don't play defense in the big 12.

-the SEC is just different.

-still...**** uga.
I sort of felt like GA was holding back against us somewhat. Our D made some big plays, and played well overall , but it sure seemed like GA was basically playing safe and just trying to get out of Lexington without getting anyone hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof and rudd1
longitude_notail_64c0371_8989.jpg_1200x675_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

Good lord. Just found out a friend of mine and his business partner bought one of THESE...

They flew it down to Nassau for the company Christmas party. the entertainment they hired was ***ing Ice Cube.
Then yesterday, they flew to LAX for the championship game. Box suites with Kirk Herbstreit, entertainment: Dierks Bentley.

I knew this guy was well off, but I had zero idea it was on this level. LOL
that's a two year old Cessna Citation Longitude BTW

If you’re gonna brag about how many boats I have at least get the number right, it’s 4 boats.

longitude_notail_64c0371_8989.jpg_1200x675_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

Good lord. Just found out a friend of mine and his business partner bought one of THESE...

They flew it down to Nassau for the company Christmas party. the entertainment they hired was ***ing Ice Cube.
Then yesterday, they flew to LAX for the championship game. Box suites with Kirk Herbstreit, entertainment: Dierks Bentley.

I knew this guy was well off, but I had zero idea it was on this level. LOL
that's a two year old Cessna Citation Longitude BTW
What industry are they in?

-South Carolina losing quality players in the portal is a good sign. I grew up with a prick that is big buddies with Beamer from their days on the UT staff. Beamer will be exposed as a fraud soon enough.

-Georgia took one of the best of the Pac-12 and beat them senseless to start the season. Then took the best of the Big 12 and embarrassed them to end it. As a fan, outside the conference, who would actually want to join this monster?

-What percentage of sporting events do you think are shaved/thrown? With so many moving parts and so many folks who can change the outcome with missed FT’s, a kick, or blown call I would bet it’s higher than the average fan thinks. I would guess 10% have some type of manipulation. Go watch the Elite 8 game with John Wall and tell me he didn’t let a scrub PG blow by him all night long.

-When college football ends I get a little depressed. Other than the spectacle of March Madness my favorite thing to watch.

Last edited:
-What percentage of sporting events do you think are shaved/thrown? With so many moving parts and so many folks who can change the outcome with missed FT’s, a kick, or blown call I would bet it’s higher than the average fan thinks. I would guess 10% have some type of manipulation. Go watch the Elite 8 game with John Wall and tell me he didn’t let a scrub PG blow by him all night long.

I’m not sure about players on the take, but I can absolutely 100% watch football games and tell you when refs are taking it over or killing momentum that they are in place for Vegas.

That ref from the Lakers/Kings series was about to let the public get too close, and I assume the mafia paid his ass a nice visit as we haven’t heard from him since. I don’t mean they killed him, he just shut TF up quick.

The only times I can see where it could be obvious in basketball is when a line makes no sense, or a line swings a few points 1 way, and refs get a team to the line or kill teams momentum.

-What percentage of sporting events do you think are shaved/thrown? With so many moving parts and so many folks who can change the outcome with missed FT’s, a kick, or blown call I would bet it’s higher than the average fan thinks.
The Donaghy stuff gives us a pretty good idea. He was FOS on a lot of his claims, but he definitely showed that games can be thrown by refs in ways so subtle that it requires sustained stupidity on their (the refs') part to be noticed.

It would be ridiculous to think that sports league don't use legitimate directives (focus on these specific types of foul, etc.) to their officials to nonetheless affect the outcome to present a more entertaining product.

-So HK had a buddy sitting in the announcer booth with Herbie and Fowler? That's pretty dope.

-You're telling me Bama and UT couldn't have kept it within 50pts of UGA? Come on, beyond time(credit:richie) for an expanded playoff.

-Portnoy with Rogan is pretty dull. Dave just isn't that intersting which leaves Rogan rambling on his favorite tangents. Show is just better when he has a fascinating guest. Didn't realize Barstool started as a local free newspaper. Pretty impressive rise.

-Tom hitting Cal with the Texas question right out of the gates. We're all feisty right now. Very curious to see how they all respond. My guess is they wilt.

-How sweet would it be if the conferences joined up similar to AL/NL or AFC/NFC? Send the Big Ten out west with Pac/12 and SEC/ACC and other the stragglers. Hell, just one big Power 5 group. Be nice playing a team other than Vandy/MSU for the 70th time.

-Anyone watch Avenue 5? Looks like a comedy I'd like. Going to give it a look.

-Athenian Grill is the go to weekday salad. Dope.

Last edited:
No question. And it’s not just about a more entertaining product, or TV ratings. Leagues absolutely “gambol”.

You’re more of a conspiracy theorist (or just naive AF) if you DON’T believe that takes place on some level.
The Shield forced the Browns to fire Bernie Kosar from their pre-game show because he made a legal bet on the team.

This is the same league that currently runs Draft Kings ads more than boner pill commercials back in the day. So shameless and hypocritical you *almost* have to respect their pimp hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT