ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Chad. I work hard at it, and wish people would stop teasing me about it so much. I don't tease them about the things they are passionate about, what gives?

Joey's apple pumping is kinda odd -- seems most uber-techies are anti-Apple, considering how far behind they typically are, at least with regard to phones.

On June 4th, 2015, I can honestly say I don't give a single hot shit about UK basketball. I don't care if we get Murray. I don't care who gets drafted where. I don't care what Derek Willis does this summer. I just don't care. Hopefully this doesn't change come fall.

Joey's apple pumping is kinda odd -- seems most uber-techies are anti-Apple, considering how far behind they typically are, at least with regard to phones.
Think about the uber-techies you know who feel this way, then think about their level of personal taste. Things should shake out more clearly.

Did the Wisconsin game murder Dennis Reynolds? Don't think I've seen him post since.

Lol at Willie's silky jumper now.

Said for years he had a sneaky offensive game, just didn't really have the confidence to use it. Never thought he was "raw" or "broke" offensively as was the common sentiment.

I thought he was really impressive," said DraftExpress.com's Jonathan Givony, one of the few analysts invited to the workout. "I came away pleasantly surprised."

A DraftExpress scouting breakdown earlier this year mentioned the former Wildcat's shooting stroke as a "strength" to his game, even if UK fans rarely got to see it outside of pregame warm-ups.

So Givony knew Cauley-Stein could shoot. He just didn't know he could shoot like he did Monday, when he was draining jumpers from all over the floor in a variety of ways.

"Just to see him knocking down three-pointer after three-pointer — that I wasn't really prepared for," he said.

http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.htm...-cauley-stein-assessed-as.html#navlink=subnav

From Pack Pride:

NOTICE OF ALLEGATIONS
Case No. 00231
May 20, 2015
Page No. 49
women's basketball. Although the general student body also had access to the
anomalous AFRI/AFAM courses, student-athletes received preferential access to
these anomalous courses, enrolled in these anomalous courses at a
disproportionate rate to that of the
general student body and received other
impermissible benefits not available to
the ge
just copied part of page 49.. it mentions: SPECIFICALLY MENS FOOTBALL, MENS BASKETBALL, WOMENS BASKETBALL.
not saying its anything serious to mens basketball, but i thought the rumors were saying mens basketball wouldn't be mentioned at all? they definitely got mentioned

Lol at Willie's silky jumper now.

Said for years he had a sneaky offensive game, just didn't really have the confidence to use it. Never thought he was "raw" or "broke" offensively as was the common sentiment.

I thought he was really impressive," said DraftExpress.com's Jonathan Givony, one of the few analysts invited to the workout. "I came away pleasantly surprised."

A DraftExpress scouting breakdown earlier this year mentioned the former Wildcat's shooting stroke as a "strength" to his game, even if UK fans rarely got to see it outside of pregame warm-ups.

So Givony knew Cauley-Stein could shoot. He just didn't know he could shoot like he did Monday, when he was draining jumpers from all over the floor in a variety of ways.

"Just to see him knocking down three-pointer after three-pointer — that I wasn't really prepared for," he said.

http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.html#ec=htdHFndTpojW0Metyc8S0AOfg-atcVi9&pbid=23b69841d9454479a6f4fcf4a8514588&docUrl=http://www.kentucky.com/2015/06/04/3884011/ex-cat-cauley-stein-assessed-as.html#navlink=subnav

In late December/early January, we went through a phase where WCS and Towns- and Johnson to a much lesser extent- were taking and burying Js. I'm not shocked WCS has it.

New OTR 80s arcade/bar that's opening. Imagine other cities have these already. All games are free as long as you're drinking. Thoughts? Think it has staying power?

WCPO_16_bit_bar_1433421976122_19196262_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

P. 54 (Aggravating Factors)

(2) A history of Level I, Level II or major violations by the institution,

sport program(s) or involved individual. [Bylaw 19.9.3-(b)] They
include:
March 12, 2012 – Violations of NCAA legislation

regarding academic fraud, impermissible benefits,
impermissible participation, unethical conduct, failure to
monitor, preferential treatment, failure to cooperate and
failure to report outside income.
January 10, 1961 – Violations of NCAA legislation

involving improper entertainment and lodging and
improper recruiting entertainment.

The Carolina Way!

Damn. UNC bout to get bent.[banana] Poor timing with the preseason #1 team, Heels. Oh well- sorry Marcus Paige and the boys are going to have to pay for the sins of St. Dean and Roy.

Also from PP:

Im hearing from a few sources :
UNC charged with LOIC
UNC charged as a repeat offender in some instances
UNC failed to cooperate with many aspects of the investigation
Evidence was lost/destroyed.. various people that claimed they would cooperate and interview lawyered up. (This ties into the Wainstein report. People that interview for KW, refused to talk to the NCAA).
NCAA is charging UNC with a "wide net ". Charges and details aren't very specific.
IE... you cheated... it was a massive fraud scheme... were not going to sit here and charge you with each offense... its the totality of the crimes. (20 years+..2,000 students.. multiple sports)
UNC plans to lawyer up and fight... Bubba has already told the NCAA they aren't accepting the charges. UNC once again has no morals, no integrity... and will not accept their fate. They will drag this out even longer and try to lawyer their way out... or to a lesser penalty at the COI.

Reactions: Mashburned
Damn. UNC bout to get bent.[banana] Poor timing with the preseason #1 team, Heels. Oh well- sorry Marcus Paige and the boys are going to have to pay for the sins of St. Dean and Roy.
My prediction based on skimming the NOA while eating lunch: women's basketball gets clobbered and UNC pays a fine

Working against UNC...NCAA knows if they don't bring the hammer down, they have lost their already dwindling authority.

UNC being dicks isn't going to help them, although it appears they'll try to stretch it for a run for ol' Roy this year.

Whew, just catching up after all morning meetings and team building stuff.

-UNC getting hammered or no?

-The "baby" thing drives me bananas. As a dad to an unborn child other than try to help out around the house more and change liter boxes there's not much I can really do right now. Besides, try to take every quiet peaceful nap and squeeze out every over indulgence drinking session I can before B-Day. Thankfully she's in good health and had a good pregnancy thus far.

-We've been looking for a mattress for months and haven't picked. We spent like 5k on the last one and I haven't been able to sleep on it regularly in 3-4 years. Just need to pull the trigger on one of the mail order "organic":rolleyes: ones.

-Cheat meal today at Windy Corner. No slacking on quality today. They crushed and a gorgeous day to eat outside. Gotta hit the bike this afternoon, gained too much ground the past couple weeks to lose it now.

-My only problem with the craft beer scene is most of them are all the damn same or close to it. That and I don't really like hoppy beers which is a ton of the selection. Other than that, Europe has been doing good beers for 1000 years. Those German and Belgian beers have been around for ages and middle age middle class white dudes love the shit. Pretty reliable demographic with tons of disposable income to waste on beer. We'll see some come and go but I don't think craft beer is going away any time soon.

-We get shit about planning our trips around meals but honestly I miss the local favorites on nearly every meal. Haven't had a real slice of NY pizza the last 3-4 times. Haven't had Chicago beef in years. We'll have a couple nice meals but lunch is typically an after thought.

That's b/c you seem to require a 5* luxury meal or Tomahawk steak for every dinner, and some weird organic green café for lunch. Do better, you're missing most of the good stuff...

-What in TF is an organic mattress? No GMOs in the fabric?

Last edited:
Wasn't the only reason UK didn't get the death penalty was because they fell on the sword and cooperated fully?

And UNC is going down guns blazing?

Sobakawa cloud pillow is organic

What's the 5k mattress that sucks and we shouldn't buy?

- Not sure the consensus, but I feel like an idiot spending $8 on a beer. I rarely spend more than $5 on a craftie.

- So, Towns has gone from Rivals #9 player in his HS class to the consensus #1 and WCS went from a Top 50 player to possibly #4 in this draft. Nice work, Cal.

anth actually tried to become a wine snob a few years back. to be honest, i was very disappointed in his effort. i expected more.

anth actually tried to become a wine snob a few years back. to be honest, i was very disappointed in his effort. i expected more.

Always something with that guy. Stogie snob. Workout snob. Wine snob. Scotch snob. Now Daddy snob.

I'm not sure I've ever had a $10 bottle of beer. And I drink plenty of beer. Besides, if you're drinking something that expensive, you're likely dealing with some serious alcohol that will do the work of 2 or 3 other beers. So it all works out.

As far as wine goes, as long as it doesn't taste like vinegar, it's usually fine by me. I've had some terrible local wines, but we live in Kentucky so what do you expect?

If I'm going into a bar to stay for a few hours, hang out, watch a game, etc. then pounding $8 brews is ridiculous. If you're going to have a single beer with a meal or something, it puts it on par with a glass of wine. And an $8 glass of beer is almost certainly better (relatively) than an $8 glass of wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT