ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbdk likes to clown on me for being a stats nerd re: baseball, but he's a pizza sabermatrician. id love to know his WAR, win shares, PECOTA, zone rating, OPS+, and defense independent pitching statistics for new york pizza.

Reactions: wcc31
I don't understand the whole "moonshine distillery" deal. The point of moonshine is that it's a last resort for booze in dry counties when absolutely nothing else is available. That's why it's traditionally made by sketchy hilljacks with homemade stills up in BFE.

Reactions: ukalum01
bbdk likes to clown on me for being a stats nerd re: baseball, but he's a pizza sabermatrician. id love to know his WAR, win shares, PECOTA, zone rating, OPS+, and defense independent pitching statistics for new york pizza.

Can you imagine being poor Lauren? You go to NYC and your glutton husband spends half the time padding his pizza stats.

"I don't want to go to that museum, bitch. I have to get at least 13 slices today."

The whole craft beer deal isn't going anywhere. It's been a "fad" for what, 10 years now? We're not talking about Jams or Hammer pants here.

Yeah, we watch a 22" tv in the kitchen and a 42" tv in the living room. Kids have their own 32" for video games. That's it.

The idea of a 70" tv sounds great, but I just can't pull the trigger. We don't watch enough tv to justify.

I'm an NYC tourist/pizza nerd, without question. Another hobby of mine, pretty much worship. I've got our entire December Trip foodtinerary planned out by the meal already. It's very important stuff. :sunglasses:

I just don't watch tv anymore. UK sports/occasional reds game and got. That's it. 90% of the time I flip my tv on and then just play on my phone the whole time. I tried canceling dish but they offered to take $45/month off my bill for a year. Losers.

Well, I'm basically the exact opposite of you guys on TVs.

I figure if I'm going to spend a significant amount of time watching sports/movies/tv shows, Marcus Welby watch it on something that is awesome. To me, you guys sound like the people who won't spend $100 on a mattress, even though you'll spend like a third of your life lying on it.

Yeah, we watch a 22" tv in the kitchen and a 42" tv in the living room. Kids have their own 32" for video games. That's it.

The idea of a 70" tv sounds great, but I just can't pull the trigger. We don't watch enough tv to justify.
Worth it just for ballgames IMO.

bbdk is a stat sheet face stuffer. hes the stephon "starbury" marbury of the nyc pizza scene. totally out to get his. me first. i can see him going all ricky davis. theyve got 90 minutes to get to the airport, check in, make it thru security, and arrive at the gate -- and hes worried about padding his stats. completing his triple double (3 neopolitans, 2 deep dishes for lunch). just empty calories, really, but he's more concerned with his numbers than he is his team. snags some empty slice on the way out and woofs it down on the ride over. pointless, really. and as he's got cheese and pizza sauce dripping down his chin, he proclaims "im'a git mine."

I . 90% of the time I flip my tv on and then just play on my phone the whole time..

Same.

I could live without my TV, it's not that important. It's background noise unless it's a sporting event or whatever 1-2 shows we are currently watching during Sunday DVR time. It's a 'luxury' more than anything.

I'd rather die than be without internet, though. Simply would not have the will to live anymore if that was ever taken away.

-Pretty much, Ursch. I'll be looking forward to your lassie's every meal check ins next month. Holla if you want my spreadsheet

I've found through the years that the bigger the tv, the worse UK performs. Give me a 22" in the kitchen or a bedroom for viewing pleasure. Big screen viewing is usually a disaster....Wisconsin game at SportsGuy's is a prime example.

UK comeback in '94 vs LSU...17" tv in my bedroom.
Duke comeback in '98...same tv.

Got to go with what works.

Reactions: _Chase_
-Large TV in the living room, another in the loft that's only for movies and video games. Rarely used.

Moving to our neighborhood two years ago has drastically cut down on the kids' TV viewing. Between March and October, the neighborhood kids just run and play in each others' backyards until sundown. My girls watch a little bit of "Full House", but that's about it.

-Dads, if you're looking for a movie for the kids, you could do worse than "Tomorrowland". Some good action and special effects. Probably for the 8-and-up crowd.

-Will start paying more attention to MLB starting in September, but the Astros? Really? Remember reading last year that they were on a 3-4 year plan.

-Pulling for Cavs, but would be satisfied with a 6-7 game series and all the dinged up players(Kyrie, Klay, etc.) getting to play. Hate when teams aren't at full strength in the postseason.

-All of you are so brave.

Anybody keep mattress stats? Who's the GOAT mattress?

Not me. We finally sacked up and bought a 'good' (1K+) mattress, and it absolutely sucks balls. Restonic FTL. Thing sags and has a special lava layer in the middle, I'm pretty sure.

I much prefer my POS $100 mattress I still have from college that's in our guest bedroom, TS.

Guess we should have spent $10,000 for true luxury.

...thinking about trying one of those mail mattresses you people were talking about awhile back.

Kathan.jpg

Damnit, that's pretty disappointing. Not sure what I expected, but wish I hadn't done it, not even close.

you'll spend like a third of your life lying on it.

That never made any sense to me. For 99% of that "third of my life" I am dead asleep and I always wake up feeling the same - from air mattresses, to Japanese "floor futons," to "fancy" hotel mattresses, to my apparently "bad" IKEA mattress.

Does every mattress salesman parrot that line non-stop until you pull the trigger or what?

Hotel mattresses are unreal. Nearly all of them.

There's an interesting article somewhere that goes into the "science" of why most people sleep so much better in a hotel...

Give me an uncomfortable couch or chair any day of the week. When I'm truly tired I could sleep on the floor and it wouldn't matter.

Out at grandma slices [laughing]. Sicilian is about as unforgettable as it gets. Of the 50+ places I ate a slice in NYC I think I had it once at Ray's Original(looks like it is called Monetti's now) on 42nd street.

Sicilian isn't a true deep dish in the current sense. At least what PTI thinks a deep dish is.

I actually don't have an expensive mattress, I was just using it to illustrate my point about TVs. I bought mine from Mark's Mattress Outlet for $500 and love it.

Reactions: roguemocha
Hotel mattresses are unreal. Nearly all of them.

There's an interesting article somewhere that goes into the "science" of why most people sleep so much better in a hotel...

I sleep fine in hotels on vacation, but TERRIBLE when I'm traveling for work...usually the stress of whatever I'm working on, coupled with being out of my usual daily routine throws me all to hell. Don't really notice the hotel mattresses are better...that's probably because of my Tempur-pedic at home. Not sure what model it is, but its some of the best money I've ever spent.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
Love him or hate him, hard not to admire BBdK's passion for pizza. 43 places in his non-home city? That's amazing! What a pizza-eater!

Guarantee you'd be the first in line to camp out for an iMattress.
At this point, it would be an "Apple Mattress" and I'd be down for the second gen.

Also, update your iJokes: For a while now, Apple has been reinforcing its brand by forcing their name to be said along with every product "AppleTV," "Apple Pay," "Apple Watch". It's the same thinking behind luxury car brands that force inscrutable model nomenclatures.

<--- admitted beer dork

<---- has never paid $10 for a beer. $10 a six pack? Sure. $10 for a single, regular sized beer? Nope.

WCC's claims don't pass the WCC smell test, oddly enough. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT