ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of year- PTI;s FAVORITE time of year- when people get arrested for cheering on their family members' high school graduation.[roll]

Example.

“I just called her name out. ‘Lakaydra,’ Just like that,” Miller told CNN affiliate WREG.

Now, Miller said, she has to appear in court or could face at least a $500 fine.

Henry Walker waved a towel and yelled, “You did it baby,” to his sister as he walked out of the ceremony. He is another one of the four who also received the warrant.

“It’s crazy,” Walker told WREG. “The fact that I might have to bond out of jail, pay court costs ... for expressing my love — it’s ridiculous, man.”

How many whites were arrested? Exactly.

Memorial, NBA Finals, Belmont -- great little sports weekend on tap.

-New Bourbon Distillery opening today in Louisville. 'Kentucky Peerless Distilling'

For now, the only products available to taste are seven flavors of Lucky Kentucky Moonshine. Peerless sources grain-neutral spirits and adds flavors to what become 44-proof moonshines. They are bottled and labeled on premise. (Click here to see the list of flavors.)

You’ll get to taste the rye at Derby 2017, and the bourbon at Derby 2019,” said Carson Taylor. “We’re as curious as you are as to what it’ll taste like.”

Pretty cool -- has to be exciting & also difficult to start a business, but not even be able to see/taste your product for 3 years...

http://insiderlouisville.com/lifest...-kentucky-peerless-distilling-open-wednesday/

Along similar lines, played golf with Jason Carson last week, the Owner of Carson Brewery out of Evansville last week....he started in 2012. Seems like an awesome way to live life, just making beer or booze. http://carsonsbrewery.com/the-beer/ Anyone ever enjoyed?

-Oh yeah, got a 12:31am 5 minute long super drunken slur-filled voicemail from ABH last night, always entertaining to wake up to one of those...been awhile.

-Biggest issue with pregnancy is all the support people(Docs, midwives, trainers for these classes, nurses) saying BABY. For instance -> "Baby is just happy. Baby is just moving. Baby will be just fine." :mad: Hey you weird c*nt just say -> "YOUR baby or THE baby." Easily the worst thing.

Drives me insane. The article is a part of the English language, use it.

Had someone explain that the reason they do it is to personalize the baby and validate it as a human, in essence making "baby" a direct substitute for the baby's name prior to birth. But I don't do it myself and have never had a parent act the least bit upset about me not doing it.

Hardcore NYC pizza isn't about "artistic Neapolitan style" you college hamburger. The fancy places are, sure, but not the everyday man's slice. Have you ever even had NYC pizza? I'm at 43 places and counting as a tourist (yes, I have them written down, of course), and with *very* few exceptions (Keste, Motorino, Co. & a few others), "artistic Neapolitan style" certainly doesn't describe what I've experienced...

* [laughing]

lolroasted

* its amazing how far local breweries have come. 20 years ago, local brewery/restaurant combo was a recipe for disaster. pretty much reserved for gimmicky vacation spots and tourist traps, and nobody really drank their crappy beer anyways. now, they're all over -- and thriving.

* chapman gives up a 3-run bomb to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th last night. goes to extras, and the winning run scores on a walkoff routine-grounder-to-first-baseman-who-underhands-to-the-pitcher-covering-1st-but-the-ball-bounces-off-his-glove-and-into-the-dugout.

pretty standard.

* tied one on last night via charles shaw.

* i think the cavs win, just because i simply cant see a jumpshooting team (and, yes, that is ALL they are, they play zero defense, they only shoot jumpers and are really soft!!!) beating lebron.

* saw on wdrb that there's a big dispute over the angels envy inheritance. looks like the son is trying to swipe dads $$ from mom. it did mention that blue equity was a big investor, and im assuming they mad a mint on that shark tank deal.

i never miss an opportunity to make fun of wildcatadam, so of course i lolroasted him on tfb about his "cord cutting" this week. im going to ask a question, and i can only process VERY simple answers, because im a technology idiot.

is there a relatively simple way to make sure i dont miss any kentucky football/basketball games if i cut our cord?

(note: for me, its more about forcing myself to watch less tv than anything else. as long as i can have kentucky games, i'll figure the rest out).

- It's hard to strike the ball with a fork sticking out of your back. BOOM. ROASTED.

- Wish UKFB would get ride of the gray trim on the numbers. Looks ridiculous as it did with the basketball unis as well.

- I don't want to hear about Underdog James. Dude is never an underdog.

- I have nothing for the women's World Cup, but could maybe muster some enthusiasm if our girls make a run.

- "Entourage" is chauvinist crap???? You don't say. Well, then don't watch it. Pretty simple.

- When is this bourbon/craft beer bubble going to burst? I mean, seriously. How many do we need?

im actually rooting for the craft bourbon nonsense to pop. unlike other spirits, it takes years and years of planning just to bring your bourb to market. to that end, it just makes sense that most brands are steeped in history and tradition. for brand/shiny/new distilleries to start up left and right just dilutes the industry, imo.

part of the beauty of bourbon lies in the story of the master distillers. old guys whose recipes were handed down thru generations, and whose family produced for decades, moonshining thru prohibition...

...yeah. take your fancy new bourb and stick it.

I don't see it happening, at least with beer.

-What's the deal with Copper & Kings? Seems like it showed up out of nowhere.....I see it popping up all over my Feed on a weekly basis. Can you just GO there, or is it only for events?

I'm don't even know what Brandy actually is other than it's in old people's liquor cabinets -- seems like they are on a mission to make it 'cool' around here.

http://www.copperandkings.com/

- When is this bourbon/craft beer bubble going to burst? I mean, seriously. How many do we need?
I wonder that too, especially on the spirits end of things where you're raising money for a product that won't be ready for years. You're banking that tastes will still be for your product by then.

A guy I know started one of the new distilleries up here and seems pretty confident in it. Guy's started several other ventures that have all done well so I guess he knows what he's doing.

i never miss an opportunity to make fun of wildcatadam, so of course i lolroasted him on tfb about his "cord cutting" this week. im going to ask a question, and i can only process VERY simple answers, because im a technology idiot.

is there a relatively simple way to make sure i dont miss any kentucky football/basketball games if i cut our cord?

(note: for me, its more about forcing myself to watch less tv than anything else. as long as i can have kentucky games, i'll figure the rest out).
That "Funchester" dude seems to maintain a pretty nice streaming presence for all UK games.

SWIM :pimp:
could stream it on web browser from their iMac/iPad/iPhone and use the screen mirroring feature of AppleTV to watch it on their living room TV with relative ease.

You could also have the radio streaming for emergencies if the internet feed cuts out.

I just wonder if people are going to tire of spending $7-10 a beer. This artisan trend will end at some point.

I like being able to turn on a TV in any room, and have any channel I want, at any time, and a full DVR of things I like, with one simple remote. It's a great service, and well worth what I pay for it.

This. Maybe when I was 25, I could see it, but I'm becoming more and more of a homebody. Besides working out, I don't do much at all during the week.

Reactions: roguemocha
I like being able to turn on a TV in any room, and have any channel I want, at any time, and a full DVR of things I like, with one simple remote. It's a great service, and well worth what I pay for it.

no question. the logistics of navigating thru all these different resources (roku/sling/swim/hbonow/amazonprime/netflix/whatever) sounds impossible.

i just watch WAY too much tv -- and mostly crap tv. if there were some magical/easy way to get all uk games, id cut in a heartbeat. but no chance im messing around with 15 different services.

Can't see it happening. Good beer isn't 'fad' or a 'trend', imo -- it's just a far superior product that's now WIDELY and easily available everywhere you go.

just because its small batch/craft/whatever doesnt make it superior quality, hipster. actually, im guessing you dont know jack s*** about beer quality. expensive beers have been around for a thousand years, but the brewpub/craft craze is currently bonkers. im a beer simpleton, but i still like it. think its a cool trend. but it is definitely a trend/fad.

^ Yep. BBdK doesn't know shit about good beer. He's just filling in for somebody.

GYERO is the most easily marketed group on the planet.

Lol, if you don't think your average Craft beer is higher quality than Coors light, I don't know what to tell you -- and you have no taste buds. I enjoy both, but the latter tastes like water compared to a good beer. That's just a fact.

It's no different than your local independent restaurant being higher quality than Applebees. You think local restaurants are a trend that's going away, too?

...and I'm also not sure where you guys are paying $10 a beer on a regular basis. New York?

What I can't get over is how many god damn TV's people have in their houses these days. And not just little 12" deals to watch the news while making dinner. Seems like now people have touching 46" plasmas suspended from just about every wall in their house. Absurd.

We have one (1) TV in our living room and it's 8 years old. Seems to turn a profit every year, too.

15 years ago, lexington had 1 brewery -- lcb (lol)

now, theres about a dozen. country boy, west 6th, blue stallion, ethereal, alltech...

...pretty much the same as ever. [eyeroll]

Living Room TV
Bedroom TV

And this little ghetto guy in the kitchen.
images
[smoke]

Been to 43 pizza places in New York, and you aren't a resident.

[laughing]

That is incredible.

Reactions: wcc31
Lol, if you don't think your average Craft beer is higher quality than Coors light, I don't know what to tell you -- and you have no taste buds. I enjoy both, but the latter tastes like water compared to a good beer. That's just a fact.

It's no different than your local independent restaurant being higher quality than Applebees. You think local restaurants are a trend that's going away, too?

...and I'm also not sure where you guys are paying $10 a beer on a regular basis. New York?

i actually dont know about the difference in ingredients, production, etc. i take it from this post that you do, though. care to elaborate on the difference in quality? id be curious to hear your expertise.

Working up in Columbus the last few days. Lots of golf fans around. Idiots.

They bring us in pretty good food every day here. Today we are having Louie's Grill Fusion Restaurant. It's a Cuban/Mexican/Cajun place. Eek.

Going with a cuban sambo, fried plantains and chipotle crab chowder. FAT!

Got pretty crunk at a bar near the hotel last night. I called Chapman's blown save. Yay me!

The company that makes Fat Tire makes a mean IPA. I think it is called Ranger or something like that. Good stuff.

The video editor I am working with today used to work with AP.com. Farkas, if you are out there Bayens. Great dude. Small world.

I try to hit at least 5 on each trip. [cheers] Often times we'll make a 'lunch' out of hitting 2-3 that are nearby in a neighborhood, and just grab/share a slice of each while walking around, then we'll have a sitdown lunch or dinner at at least one "artistic Neapolitan bullshit" place as well.

I try to hit at least 5 on each trip. [cheers] Often times we'll make a 'lunch' out of hitting 2-3 that are nearby in a neighborhood, and just grab/share a slice of each while walking around, then we'll have a sitdown lunch or dinner at at least one "artistic Neapolitan bullshit" place as well.

[laughing]

If you subscribe to Sling TV with the sports package and use an antenna you should be able to get every game unless we play a random game on CBSSN or we play on TruTV in the tournament.

Even then with the $25 for sling and an unbundled Internet package for $50 or $60 your into it for $70 or $80 a month.

Or you could hook up a computer to your TV and rely on illegal streams.

i actually dont know about the difference in ingredients, production, etc. i take it from this post that you do, though. care to elaborate on the difference in quality? id be curious to hear your expertise.

Sure. I've been into it for about 3-4 years now, and can comfortably describe in depth the difference in pretty much all styles at this point -- not unlike anything else I "get into". It's a casual hobby at this point, and it's pretty fun.

Give me a call after work.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT