ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 SECT car ride home from ATL, 2 of the 4 passengers at different points in the voyage forced our driver to take evasive maneuvers so they could give back to nature. Multiple 30 minute+ traffic delays up 75. Awful smells that several air fresheners couldn't stymie.

What should have been a 5.5 hour celebratory party home turned into an almost 10 Donner family style trip from hell. Missed the Selection Show and was a shit cherry on top of a fun ass kicking of Florida and rejuvenated spring into the Tournament.

After that weekend a new core tenant to live by was enacted -> any trip over 5 hours, fly. No debate. No cost/benefit analysis. There's no amount of savings worth the hassle and frustration of being stuck on the interstate, hungover, and incapable remedying your situation. Plus this is GYERO where if you aren't paying for convenience, you aren't doing life properly.

My favorite "possibly too young to be flashing the cheeks" girl at the beach was clearly there with her boyfriend's family, all over him non stop, and every other member of his family was just SEETHING. Tossup if she knew what she was doing or if she was too dumb to read the room. Beach. Whatever.

She should have gone with a non-high waisted version of that though, because the one she picked gave her the longest butt I've ever seen. a LOT of Mom-Butt-Lengthening happening with some of those brazilian cuts.

Nobody here would have any clue what goes on at a beach, even though Key West doesn’t really have any, if it weren’t for Rogue. What a great service he provides to GYERO!

🙄🤮
They kind of have that shitty beach across from the Hampton Inn IIRC.

Always interesting how GYERO goes about slogging through the dog days as we approach glorious football season.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Everyone gonna just gloss over Tony asking for staff to 'pass' on the likes of Shaedon, Cason, Nick, Derick, and the boys?

I mean, I'm ALL IN on upperclassman transfers & experience in general -- and I have zero doubts we will add plenty of them to compliment...but, really feel like we're about to see an early-Cal type of recruiting rampage now that we have O, Chin, and Jai leading things, w/ a hungry and embarassed Cal (plus K leaving)

Where we aren't getting just 5* guys, but the can't-miss ELITE ones, in bunches. Our biggest competition will be the GLeague/Pro, obviously, but w/ NIL we're gonna get our share again - I really believe that.

Getting those dudes doesn't mean we still won't be favorites to land whoever TF we want in the Portal, as he just proved this summer.

Rolling Oven off Winchester road makes a nice pie, just the service and frequent screw ups on carry out left us with such a bad taste we don’t go back.

Plus now that I’m an Ooni master, I do what I want.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Everyone gonna just gloss over Tony asking for staff to 'pass' on the likes of Shaedon, Cason, Nick, Derick, and the boys?

I mean, I'm ALL IN on upperclassman transfers & experience in general -- and I have zero doubts we will add plenty of them to compliment...but, really feel like we're about to see an early-Cal type of recruiting rampage now that we have O, Chin, and Jai leading things, w/ a hungry and embarassed Cal (plus K leaving)

Where we aren't getting just 5* guys, but the can't-miss ELITE ones, in bunches. Our biggest competition will be the GLeague/Pro, obviously, but w/ NIL we're gonna get our share again - I really believe that.

Getting those dudes doesn't mean we still won't be favorites to land whoever TF we want in the Portal, as he just proved this summer.
Can we just start with 1 because it's been about 5 years if we're talking the elite elite 5* guys.

Give me 2 studs, a couple experienced transfers, a local shooter and I'm happy.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Nobody here would have any clue what goes on at a beach, even though Key West doesn’t really have any, if it weren’t for Rogue. What a great service he provides to GYERO!

🙄🤮
Awww, you don’t have a boat and go out to Snipes, Marvin, Man, Woman, Boca Grande or the 100 other beaches just off KW? Hell
Smathers is alright if you can’t get on a boat but it’s trucked in sand. KW has zero natural beaches hence why it’s called Cayo Hueso (Rock/Bone Island), the Keys all around it do though.

Also, girls don’t need to be by a pool or beach to walk around in bikinis there, I promise.

Do a little research next time and you can hire me as a Capt and ride around with me while I show you a thing or two.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
A high school watch party in Seward Alaska going absolutely bonkers watching their 17 year old classmate win Gold in a completely unlikely event.

Man, you’d have to be some kind of dick to want this thing canceled.
They had a watch party at Bosse field with fireworks scheduled after for Lily King. Guarantee there’s a lot of shocked people there.
That young Alaskan just swam a great race.

Not so shorts:
  • Sat: NJ to Louisville, stopped in Lex for a Tolly Ho Tshirt to replace my last one left in hospital during my Covid event.
  • Louisville Sunday... gramma...toured Highlands and old house on Blvd Napoleon...had enough of that. Then, Frankfort Ave Liquors for pours of 4Roses 130!LE., Michters toasted BP Rye and New Riff single malt rye. New Riff won the flight... absolute hitter at 100 proof. KC pick bottle, NULU toasted BP bottle.
  • Grape Leaf for lunch. Love that place. 30 years, still same owner. Pool with boys at hotel.
  • 5:00am car ride to tour UGA via Smokey Mountain route, because eff driving thru ATL. Those roads are magical... the air sweet, piney, fresh and earthy, open windows... slaloming alongside rivers. A blast to drive in new car. Athens/UGA reminded me of WKUs campus on steroids. Was ok. My son loved it. Which is all that matters. UGA B+. Went to a recommended Q joint. C-.
  • Clemson, to me, was nicer...newer, cleaner. Auburn on a lake? Yes- but the campus was more logically laid out, groomed and less vertical. My son thought it lacked density and soul. Then he saw some talent walk by... then, his opinion changed. A-
  • Both schools, 50 minutes separated have MASSIVE stadiums in a hole, in the center of their campuses. UGA is poised to break thru.
  • In Charlotte now, after driving thru a monsoon. In a shit Hampton Inn, ready to visit UNC and Wake at dawn... then drive back to Louisville tomorrow. He made me go to Bojangles. Trash: F
  • 256 Work emails. FOH.
  • Rest of week plans include avoiding the BIL. Dude is a blabbermouth whacko-nerd.
  • Bardstown BBC for lunch, Heavenhill on Wednesday.
  • Friday : UK. Coup de grace and shit. But, his choice - not mine.
  • Sat... NJ . Get my doggie back.
  • About 3000 miles in a week.

Last edited:
He made me go to Bojangles. Trash: F

tenor.gif

Reactions: Col. Angus
- For me, the best thing about the Olympics is the celebration of long goals - and the accompanying hard work and perseverance. Imagine there are a lot of lonely mornings in the pool and what about little girls dedicating themselves to their sport from 5-6 on? I know there’s a lot of bullshit but there’s a lot to love, too. Millennial Sportswriter needs to hear a couple cliches, “life isn’t fair” and “it’s not black and white.”

- Good Dauster piece on Peach Jam:

Basically, UK favored for the best longterm prospect in the class (Lively) and biggest star in the class (Sharpe). Also listened to a podcast with elite analyst Travis Branham this morning that has the Cats now favored with Cason Wallace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT