ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Providence is a dump with some decent Italian restaurants. Block Island and Newport great.
Ferry to Block Island gives you perfect opportunity to pre-game before hitting the island.
Rented a house in Newport with buddies for summer after graduating college. My buddy has been going 30+ straight years since. Why mess with a streak?

<——not vaxxed and won’t be unless they make it mandatory for travel. But even then you can buy fake vax ids online so what’s it really matter. Already had Covid in January.

If they start making the fats workout and eat right then I will get vaxxed. Fair is fair.

Reactions: Col. Angus
After legs at the gym I’m heading over to Murray Marine to look at a Tritoon. Beautiful well kept boat 38K, only 20 hours on the motor, problem is it’s an E-Tech and they stopped making them.

Have a history of buying something if I want it and look at it, so I’m nervous to go. Don’t really need a boat, but definitely WANT a boat. Said I’d wait til next year for boat or house but this is a hell of a deal, especially right now.

Also, girls LOVE boats. 😬

Please buy that boat and tell us all about it every day.

Every.damn.year we lose a guy and it's a total kick to the nuts. This is the Mark Stoops era, and I know we will get through this (together), but damnit Keaton Upshaw might have been a monster. This offense needs a TE threat real bad.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
I hope branding it as season-ending was just precautionary to give him a redshirt, because if it wasn't just playing it safe... poor kid might be looking a full-blown detachment or involvement with the shoulder. I've never witnessed a full-on tear from the bone but plenty of partials, and even the partials swell up and look absolutely horrific. Poor kid.

stay hydrated and keep up on your mobility work, GYM-RO.

Reactions: roguemocha
Post Vacation Randoms:

Spent 8 days on Nantucket with family, but sisters recent separation from her husband meant I was the only guy in the house with my wife, my mother, my sister and my niece. I carried more shit to and from the car to the beach than any person has ever.

Lobster was on point per usual. A friend that was over at the house when we were cooking them insisted that we hypnotize them before dropping them in the boiling water. That's the supposed humane way to prepare them... so there I was, watching youtube videos on how to do it. Absolutely ridiculous.

The uber-wealthy generations-old-money group is maybe the strangest selection of people on the planet. The encounters i've had with some up there are just the blandest of conversations. Its almost like they have all of the money in the world, but have zero concept of money and most of them never worked for it and never worked at all- so nothing really makes them happy. They just kind of exist...

The guy we rent a house from moved there for the summers way back in the 70's, and built two houses. He lives in one and he built another one for his kids because he "didnt want them to be all in his stuff." Also told us that some of the older families there still dont like him because they consider him to be part of the "new money" crowd (he's 80+).

Hammered the spf 30 up there which is a nice change of pace from the 50 i have to wear in the south.

My wife went shopping one morning, and that afternoon I got a call from AMEX about charges... she had discovered an antique store and was buying and shipping stuff back to Birmingham. K.

This was the first year we've gotten a verbal "good morning" from Coach Belichek on his morning walk. Previous years it was merely a head nod or he would completely look away. Seems he's warming up to us.

Crushed the beach bonfire this year. Arguably one of the most relaxing settings you can have. Empty beach, cooler, smores, fire... highly recommend.

Was supposed to get back after lunchtime on Saturday, and finally got into Birmingham on Sunday night after 10, after over 30 hours of delays and cancellations. Our airline was probably the worst, but every other one was a mess too. Delays, cancellations, etc... it just kept coming. So we were stuck on an island with only a few hotels and no rooms available. We got *lucky* in that I talked an inn-keeper at a bed and breakfast into letting us stay in what appeared to be a staff room for the night. My wife slept on the twin bed and I slept on the floor. The next morning we got to use a shared bathroom to shower up and head out. Luxury. Also American Airlines refused any compensation for anything at all so its been a nice additional $1K to spend after a vacation.

Also my wife failed to get any tracking numbers on the stuff she bought at the antique store. So who knows if it will ever show up. Its whatever.

Lobster was on point per usual. A friend that was over at the house when we were cooking them insisted that we hypnotize them before dropping them in the boiling water. That's the supposed humane way to prepare them... so there I was, watching youtube videos on how to do it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Disorient before killing. That's the GYERO way.

Nothing makes kids happier than $5 Championship rings. My kid hasn't taken his off since Sunday and basically has gotten an 80Proof sized head about it. Says he wants to get some bling necklaces to match his ring, and that he is changing his name to Javier Baez Jr.
218210844_328894095596501_8550084959172555905_n.jpg

*Got the 1st does of the Pfizer vaccination yesterday. The only current issue I have is it feels like someone frogged me in the arm. That million is mine.

*I get why a lot of people don't have faith in Fauci. His public statements are sometimes a 180 degree difference from his private ramblings. F that guy.

*We received an email from our superintendent telling us kids do not need to wear a mask to start the school year. Of course, this is subject to change as the DELTA variance starts killing people off.

*Neighborhood update:
Thursday: Mary Mary at Asian Tea Station - I'll probably skip
Saturday: Rubiks Groove at the amphitheater. - I'll probably drink too much

*Pappygate was pretty interesting. It could have been all wrapped up in one episode, but that's what Netflix does.

*The dog is cool. My wife and I potty-training her but the little bitch isn't listening. Neither is the dog...BA-DING!

After legs at the gym I’m heading over to Murray Marine to look at a Tritoon. Beautiful well kept boat 38K, only 20 hours on the motor, problem is it’s an E-Tech and they stopped making them.

Have a history of buying something if I want it and look at it, so I’m nervous to go. Don’t really need a boat, but definitely WANT a boat. Said I’d wait til next year for boat or house but this is a hell of a deal, especially right now.

Ever hear “The Boat Ride” comedy story by Jay Hickman?

- Had my biggest day in sales in my 6years at 84 Lumber. Perfect timing for our close on Thursday. Nice little bounce back.

- Also found out the brand whiskey row is produced at Ky Artisan Distillery. I had heard of the distillery but had no clue so many brands come out of there and that they source as well as cook their own juice which I bought a bottle of, and will crack after karate today.

- So after sharing my pool pricing misery with a few contractors, I was referred to some online broker that not only sells the fiberglass shell, but also sends a tech pro to guide the project and puts me in control of the subs. Excavation, plumber, electrician, and concrete/masonry.

That’s it! And literally half the price. Hope this works.

- I sure hope Phoenix/Monty Williams figure out an adjustment to get this series to a game 7.

- I’d really like to take off for the next week and focus on moving and making it go smooth as we finally get the keys to the new house and have until next Wednesday to be in for good.

Simply put, I’m just f’ing tired! Been almost a year and a half at 100mph. I want to stop now.

“Eat it or swim”. Heard that bit many, many years ago. Had it memorized at one point along with a bunch of Carlin, Pryor, Murphy, Williams stuff which I routinely did as my own little stand-up routine. Chicks dug it.

Reactions: Col. Angus

If only you lived in a tropical location and could use the boat year round, it would really be a sweet deal. Might want to consider living in South Florida or Aruba even. Please make sure you keep us updated on the purchase, and by all means, post pics, MOST of us are waiting anxiously to learn the final result.

But as a pro tip, tell the dude "Meh, it is a OK boat, not exactly what I was looking for, but tell ya what, $30K take it or leave it."

- Had my biggest day in sales in my 6years at 84 Lumber. Perfect timing for our close on Thursday. Nice little bounce back.

- Also found out the brand whiskey row is produced at Ky Artisan Distillery. I had heard of the distillery but had no clue so many brands come out of there and that they source as well as cook their own juice which I bought a bottle of, and will crack after karate today.

- So after sharing my pool pricing misery with a few contractors, I was referred to some online broker that not only sells the fiberglass shell, but also sends a tech pro to guide the project and puts me in control of the subs. Excavation, plumber, electrician, and concrete/masonry.

That’s it! And literally half the price. Hope this works.

- I sure hope Phoenix/Monty Williams figure out an adjustment to get this series to a game 7.

- I’d really like to take off for the next week and focus on moving and making it go smooth as we finally get the keys to the new house and have until next Wednesday to be in for good.

Simply put, I’m just f’ing tired! Been almost a year and a half at 100mph. I want to stop now.

Karate? 😂 maybe capoeira next! Teasing, good to have kids in any of those type things.
It's always advisable to buy a boat before a home. I think it's Dave Ramsey's #3 rule.

Well, seeing as this boat is brand new and is going for 20K less than it’s worth because the owner walked post taxes with 249 million after winning the lottery, it’s a steal and I’d never be able to get that deal again.

Meanwhile as I said, houses are 250K over last years appraisal price, so that’s dumb. I’ll get a house next year hopefully but this boat is a rare opportunity. #RNBoat
No I haven’t but will look it up.

Reactions: drxman1
Got to love when Stoops gets a question that pisses him off, you see that little peak into the ornery MF'er.

He's definitely not a fan of extra SEC games. Give us the cupcakes and bowls games baby.

Last edited:
Can someone with a better basketball mind please explain why a coach wouldn’t rather have Ayton as the help defender on Giannis vs the main defender?

The Suns ABUSING Connaughton has cracked me up all series. He enters the game, and they pick to get him guarding whoever they want to shoot or at the end of the shot clock they pass it to whoever he is guarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT