ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems you've forgotten the Patterson-Gimlin pic of Willy running competitively.
Damn right.

BcU5TGC.jpg

QUJFy1U.jpg

T0xzcVr.jpg

htKmgXQ.jpg

RhF5uG8.jpg

And still elite 100 lbs. later...

ce6TL4E.jpg

Patterson-Gimlin that, big boy!

For once I agree with Stephen A Smith. The New York Knicks should absolutely do whatever it takes to get Dame Lillard.

This years #19 and 21 picks and RJ Barret seems fair as the “rumor” says they are willing to do.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Castellini never duped anyone. He, individually or with partners, never had the kind of disposable money at that level to be able to compete with hedge fund owners, TD Ameritrade guys and cable conglomerates. If you couldn't see it, that's on you.

- My favorite Jackson memory is when he did that dunk during that televised Blue/White “scrimmage” in Memorial. Remember how great we all thought that team was going to be?!?

- I know from personal experience how you can play the “wrong lineup” out of blind loyalty and appreciation of certain players. Hopefully Cal’s PTSD from the 2015 Final Four will have him pushing the right buttons with this seemingly deep and multi-talented team.

- There is a real life Topix thread occurring on my Facebook feed right now with real names and profile pictures attached, and it makes Li’l Mez an’Them look like Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood.

- Can’t get into The Basketball Tournament this year. It’s mediocre basketball being played by mediocre players trying to disguise its mediocrity with a creative ending.

- I’m not a die hard NBA guy. I’ll maybe watch one game a week during the regular season and get into the Playoffs like most on here. With that said, can someone who watches regularly tell me what is keeping Cam Johnson from being a poor man’s Klay Thompson? I haven’t seen the guy miss a shot. His release is as pure as any I’ve ever seen. Defense lacking? Needs the perfect “fit”? He’s streaky? If I’m the Knicks or the Sixers or even the Lakers and I’m needing one more shooter, I’m making a deal for that guy.

- Big fan of Giannis. Silver needs to make him more of a face of the NBA. He’s a non-troll/non-influencer type which resonates better with the “common” fan. Read into that what you will.

- Please be entertaining today. I’m in a department PD with all female English teachers. I’ll need a distraction.

- Maine is such a great state. Rustic. Beautiful. Charming. Great seafood obviously. At least while we were there, it was perpetually gloomy. I was so impressed.

- Wife’s best friend from high school now lives there in the summer with her husband in her family cabin which is on the coast on an inlet. This place is out there - 90 minutes from Portland, 15-20 minutes from any store. Not much around. They close shop by September, turning off the water and not returning until May. Small boat off their dock. Went out for a bit Friday afternoon and saw some seals and legit thousands of lobster traps. Few things better than pounding domestos a few feet off the water.

- There were 8 of us - her best high school friends and their husbands. All
dudes I’ve hung out with before and like.

- On the way from Boston, stopped in Portland and grabbed lunch at the Eventide Oyster Co. Portland is awesome- similar vibe to Asheville except on the coast. Would love to spend more time there.

- 🦞 Lobster Roll Rankings:

1. Legal Seafood on the water in Boston - chain up there but it was outstanding and huge, great view of the bay too

2. Muscongous Bay Lobster Shack - legit tin shack with a wood deck similar to the pier Dr. Boat’s luxury yacht is stationed in Cumberland; also grabbed some oysters which were the best I’ve ever had and crab cakes - same. Plus it was BYOB so we pulled in a giant cooler and got lit.

3. Eventide Oyster Co. in Portland- these were different because they were made with brown butter.

All three were awesome and my wife would rank them the exact opposite way. Hell, I even love lobster rolls from Court Street Lobster in Cincinnati so obviously I was wowed up there.

Had a lobster bake at the cabin on Friday night which was amazing, too - lobster, clams, corn, potatoes, sausage.

- One thing I respect about New England is that each state has strong license plate game, with Vermont the best.

- After visiting every New England state all in late summer except for New Hampshire, I’d rank them as such:

1. Massachusetts- the combo of Boston and the Cape, which I understand to be awesome, puts it in the top spot.

2. Maine - as mentioned, charm, rustic and beautiful. The way life should be - state motto and agreed.

3. Vermont- has the same things that make Maine great except it’s in the mountains as opposed to the coast. I’d go coast every day over mountains but still beautiful and charming.

4. Rhode Isalnd - Newport is great, sailboats everywhere and I hear Providence is a good town but I’d still place it last.

I worked for a total of about 4 months in New Brunswick (in Canada, directly north of Maine, not the New Jersey one). It was basically the Canadian version of Maine.

Pros:
  • Mid-June through early-Sept. The scenery is gorgeous and there are great things to do outside.
  • January: I put this in there because I had never experienced a "real winter'. And I've lived in Chicago. But this was arctic shit man. Snow storms that would completely shut down a town that gets a ton of snow were something else. They'd have snow piled up 6 feet high down main street, and it was like you were driving through mazes of snow. Cool to experience for a few weeks, but not something you'd want to do year in and year out.
  • Lobster: We were twenty minutes from a town that's known as the Lobster Capital of the World based on production and processing. You could get those damn things at the airport - and I mean a live lobster to take back home to cook.
  • The women - at least in Moncton, NB were something else. Of course I met a new client in Texas from Moncton and told him this and he said, "I wouldn't know; I'm gay". So I haven't been able to verify with other men.
  • People were very friendly
  • The Beer was good
Cons:
  • Literally everything else
I assume Maine is like this too.

* Dropped my whip off to get new tires so I've got about 4 hours to kill this morning working from a coffee shop, and I managed to leave home without a cell phone charger. It's a whole level of anxiety our ancestors never had to deal with.

* Two most underrated horrible grammatical error:

"joe is the worse driver i know."
"my neighbors have lab puppies for sell."

🤮 🤮 🤮

I get it if you're Mexican, but damn. How can you mess that up?

* I've knocked out 2 of the 3 episodes of Dr Death on Peacock. It's pretty good, but after all that bs Alec Baldwin pulled in Malice, I'm not sure how he's got some moral high ground to stand on. #neverforget

* I miss the wcc who got furious and ruined the entire night if dinner cost more than $9 or took longer than 15 minutes to consume from start to finish.

* OH OKAY JEFF BAYZOS ENJOY YOUR TRIP TO OUTER SPACE FOR THAT SAME MONEY YOU COULD HAVE CURED CHILD HUNGER IN AFRICA BUT I GUESS THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT HUH??!!

* Dan Wetzel dropping a real banger:

Cancel the Olympics?

Ya know, we're a year and a half into this pandemic. The Olympics were supposed to be LAST year. And evidently the powers that be still haven't figured this out. Maybe, just maybe, this thing ain't goin' away anytime soon and we just have to live with it.

* Basically, the Reds should just hang up the phone every time the Yankees call and want to make a trade. Better yet, don't even answer. It's never worked out in their favor. Roberto/Bobby Kelly sends his (dis)regards.

- Good stuff, Chad. Doesn't matter who the poster is, I'll always stop to read a trip report/snackdown in GYERO.

- Two unbelievably stressful events happening simultaneously over the next two weeks...my oldest getting her license, and me buying myself a new car. And I know we have some salesmen in here, but trust me...your brands aren't in the budget for this go-around. I'm looking for a cheap commuter car, and that's about it.

- Finally got around to watching the first episode of "Ozark" last night after hearing about it for a few years now. Jason Bateman is one of those actors who I enjoy watching in just about anything...."Teen Wolf Too" the lone exception.

- Military funerals always, always get to me. Attended one yesterday...93 years old, married over 70 years, mentored hundreds of ROTC cadets over the years, some of whom went on to be generals, etc. Hearing "Taps" and the gun salute gave me chills.

- The reason "The Tournament" is hard to get into this year, I think, is because the NBA Playoffs are still going on. In past years, the Finals would be over by now, and TBT would be filling a gap.

- Genuinely excited about the NHL Expansion Draft tomorrow night. I know, who cares about hockeysucka, but getting in on the ground floor of an expansion team in a city with actual hockey history is kinda fun. Won't know any of the guys they'll be picking, but I'm still #ReleaseTheKraken.

- So colleges are planning on having full-capacity crowds in their football stadiums this Fall (which I support), but still won't offer full campus tours to prospective students? How is my kid supposed to get an up-close look at the school she'll probably end up transferring from?

Well, keep in mind, all of my New England encounters have happened in July/August and involved me drinking throughout the duration.

I believe I could live in Boston, though.

Reactions: 80 Proof
LET’S GET PAST THIS F’ing VIRUS
and get back to normalcy!

Also:

I see no reason I should get vaccinated, and I’ll be damned if I listen to anything Fauci says. In fact, I’ll do the opposite!

I didn't watch a single NBA regular season game, nor did I watch any of the first three rounds of the playoffs or the first game of the finals. In fact, I started watching the finals at half-time of game 2. And in the third quarter Giannis went for around 20 if I recall correctly. And since then I've been enthralled. I watched a lot of the bubble playoffs last year and this year's finals has been much better than last year's. These teams are much more enjoyable to watch than what the Lakers and Heat put out there last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT