ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATG is considered the best brewery in Louisville by *many* beer snobs. Highly awarded. Apocolypse is my personal favorite, but their presence is weak, and their taproom is open for like 2 hours per week, which is stupid.

Definitely do not care for Bourbon Barrel Ale.

Bourbon Barrel FOODS on the other hand ----------> all of their products are outstanding.

http://bourbonbarrelfoods.com/

ill tell you what they also hear a lot....

do you smoke menthols?
yep.
me, too.

freakin poors, man.

Draft, icey cold BB Ale is acceptable, aside from that I dont have much taste for it. Certainly has a cult following though.

Knocked out wedding #3 in a 5 week span over the weekend... only 3 more before Labor Day!! Tuscaloosa had its shortcomings as a city- but I always enjoyed living there and enjoy going back. Wedding band Saturday was an all-timer. Played just about everything. They were called Black Jacket, iirc... definitely knew their audience (drunk whites) and played on that.

Dortmund over AP this weekend.

My father in law has been asking me to go for years, so Saturday morning we went to the firing range. I'd never shot a handgun before. Fired a few hundred rounds from about 6-7 different calibers. Was aight for the day but I was far from fanatical about it. Didnt surpass shooting clays or disoriented birds. I knew my FIL had a huge gun collection but i'd never looked into his safe before until Saturday. I would say he had around 60 or so guns total, he didnt even know. Quite a few were refurbished guns that he inherited from his father, who was a law dog that confiscated most of them off of drunks and degenerates in the 60's and 70's.

Louisville this weekend. The big 3-3 on Saturday- gonna play 18 early with pops, head over to the pool with Bonzo's bro, and polish it off with Jack Fry's. Pretty excited about the potential that day has.

Ferrall’s voice, gravelly in peacetime, sounds like a gas-powered Weed Eater when he gets angry. [laughing]

What does Ferrall’s voice sound like? Let’s go to the phones.

Bob Fitzgerald, midday host on San Francisco’s KNBR: “Like a bunch of broken glass ending up in a cement mixer.”

Dan Kamal, former play-by-play man for the Atlanta Thrashers: “Like a walk across jagged metal while you’re trying to fight off burning embers that are flying through the air.”

Brian “The Beast” London of Miami’s WAXY: “Like Animal from the Muppets doing a sports talk show with the voice of someone who had esophageal cancer.”

“I have a real ballsy voice,” Ferrall said. “I can do a million things with it. I can be very scary, very intense, very intimidating. Very loud. Very argumentative. Combustible. Confrontational. Dominating.” Perhaps because of its scratchiness, Ferrall never loses it.

--God bless Grantland, with a feature on my boy Scott Ferrall:

Your Buddy, Your Boy, Your Bookie: Scott Ferrall on the art of Sports Radio:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/s...rangers-wfan-stanley-cup-pittsburgh-penguins/

Reactions: PTI (pti)
A lot of people love it, but I can't think of anything that excites me less than going to a gun range.

Which pistol did you like best Clark?

Heading back down to Destin this week. Fishing with special forces buddy, boat day, then the billy bowlegs. Shew...good thing I'm off next week to recover.

Anyone notice how often poorer people hear "Big booms"?

DID ANYONE HEAR THAT BIG BOOM OR KNOW WHAT IT WAS?

YEAH, I HEARD IT TOO.

ME TOO

It was always Fort Knox while growing up. Tons of big booms. Not sure if they still do that so much now but as close as Louisville is to Fort Knox then that would be my guess.

I don't see a triple crown winner doing anything to significantly help horse racing. Might galvanize the base a little, but that's about it.

In fact, just as America will get to know/like the horse they're retiring him for stud. So...

Caitlyn Jenner or nah?
Part of me is like "YOU GO GIRL" and applauds him for doing whatever he wants to do, etc. But another part of me is just kind of weirded out. I mean, couldn't he have posed in a sensible pantsuit or something - let everyone kind of ease into this transition a bit?

* Congrats to Bruce Jenner for finding happiness, I guess, but maybe let's refrain from calling him/her a "hero." Or fawning all over him/her for being "incredibly brave" or "courageous." Memorial Day was 7 days ago, in case anyone needs a reminder of what heroes actually do.

* That's^ the biggest problem with trying to get any kind of mainstream following for horse racing. As soon as a horse hits the public consciousness, it's gone.

Early May, 2004: The American public meets Smarty Jones, arguably the most popular racehorse in the last 25 years..

Early June, 2004: Smarty Jones runs his last race.

You could raise the fines to a million dollars and if we beat someone like Alabama or Florida the National Guard couldn't keep our fans off the field.

I'll bet all those dudes Bruce Jenner whipped in the decathlon back in the day feel like such losers. I mean, he has better tits than any of them now. That's gotta sting.

* Found ATG on tap while in some random Barcelona brew house and the owner was raving about their beers. It was also the only beer place that my brother-in-law (works at some brewery in Germany) wanted to go to as he had heard about it previously. I guess its because they do a ton of outlandish shit, because its just ok to me. Their food is actually pretty damn good and its a good patio to drink at.

* The wife is dragging me to Cincy this weekend for whatever their version of Forecastle is. Can't really complain even though most of the acts are really my thing... the weather looks solid for Friday/Saturday, staying at 21c, Precinct, and no work for me on Friday.

* I'd imagine they'd keep a chunk of Humana here but man, that would be pretty tough loss for downtown. I'm guessing Electrolux probably isn't going to be keeping most of the old GE stuff here either.

* So Jamal Murray, he is ours, right? Have to imagine you wouldn't improve your draft stock by waiting in Canada for another year, but those guys up north are a strange sort.

When it takes a person THAT LONG to say who they really are i can't get behind (bad choice of words) them being a hero or champion of a cause. 5, 10, 15 even 20 years, then yeah maybe, but more than a half a century later isn't going to make me applaud you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT