ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our fraternity’s beer of choice, as many well know, during Hell Week was “American.”

That’s it. That’s the name. It’s hard to even find a record of that brands existence, and I think it was only sold at 1 place (the liquor store at Rose/Euclid, maybe?).

While I can afford Yeti products I can’t afford to keep replacing them based on my habit of leaving them laying around various places. Many times I’ve left my tumbler on the back of the truck but was lucky enough to retrace my steps and found it. I have, however, have left them down by river after fishing, at the bank, various parks, a cross country meet, etc. maybe I should lug a cooler with me, easier to keep up with.

Haven’t really watched the All-Star game in years but flipped it over just in time to see Vlad Jr hit one 500ft. I do get a tad nostalgic seeing some of these kids playing whose dad also played. Bichette Jr was the first to congratulate Vlad and Buck was interviewing Tatis, Jr when he mashed it.

Spent a few weeks every summer, from age 10-25, at Myrtle Beach. Stayed up north in Cherry Grove which is more “family” friendly. It was just fine as a kid. Big arcade right next to where we stayed, a pier close enough to walk to and fish, Calabash seemed to be the “Seafood Capital of the World”. That said the last time I went was the last I will go back. Nice memories but, well ya know, it’s MB.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
Our fraternity’s beer of choice, as many well know, during Hell Week was “American.”

That’s it. That’s the name. It’s hard to even find a record of that brands existence, and I think it was only sold at 1 place (the liquor store at Rose/Euclid, maybe?).
Strohs 15 packs were cheaper during my hellweek. We got to experience American as well.

I think the Strohs went better with Sardines, while the American paired quite well with the Taco Bell bean burritos.

Lass got me this Coleman for my birthday. Been unreal so far. Keeps my beer cold *and* looks damn handsome on the deck.

I’ve wanted that exact same one for months and just cannot pull the trigger on it, since I have absolutely no use whatsoever for one more cooler. But damn that’s a sexy classic look.

Also proves that you and I are like the very same guy. Obvi.

Reactions: wcc31 and SAECATFAN
I have a vintage Grapette cooler that is made of what I assume is aluminum. Keeps stuff ice freaking cold. Despite having a few dents in it it’s worth about the same as a Yeti, maybe more.

Aluminum is a superior product in almost every metallurgy application, August. No surprise to hear that. It’s why these PK Grills are making such a comeback. Next on my to-do list.

I wonder how much a ticket to the Field Of Dreams go for? I looked it up but the site had crashed and there were no tickets on any websites.

Aluminum is a superior product in almost every metallurgy application, August. No surprise to hear that. It’s why these PK Grills are making such a comeback. Next on my to-do list.

Metallurgy.

My best friend is a Metallurgist Engineer, I’ll ask him. I’m sure he doesn’t GAS about this sort of thing.

Went down a Kris Kristofferson rabbit hole tonight.... 5 faves, in no order

Sunday Morning Coming Down
Lovin’ Her Was Easier
Bobby McGee
Why Me Lord
Here Comes the Rainbow Again

Just catching up because I started a new job randoms.

* Pretzel, I am also a Michael Connelly fan. Lincoln Lawyer series being my favorite, but I also love Harry Bosch. If you haven’t already, check out the series Bosch on Prime. It tries to stay fairly true to the books. I think it is up to 5 seasons now.

* Feels very strange going back to work after 10 years. I found a work from home job that allows me to not have to leave my crazy neurotic dogs. 😊I am actually having fewer issues with learning to develop sales skills than I would have thought. I have always considered myself a facilitator who sucked at sales because I don’t like to be hard sold myself.
My training person described it as a dance and it kind of is. Anyway, it is all interesting and in any job, that is key.

* I loved listening to the UK FB coaches day on KSR. I am so excited for FB. It’s been such a long long time coming, praise Jesus y’all!

* Secret silly pleasure: I’m obsessed with American Ninja Warrior. I have been watching for years and I know all the back stories. The cheesier Matt and Akbar are, the better! Pipe dream is to make a warrior training course for my grandchildren.

* I also like America’s Got Talent (ok boomer.) So many different weird and interesting acts. A lot of very talented people. More fun to watch than you would think.

* The homeowner becoming your parents commercials are absolutely hilarious to me. Of course they are spot on for my husband (hand waving as he directs a stranger’s car backing out,) but have no relevance to me! (Cough, Live, Laugh, Love, cough cough) 😬

I've got one of the old school Coleman aluminum coolers, too. I bought some reflective bubble wrap and used spray adhesive to put a couple of extra layers of insulation in the well in the top. Works like a charm.

That said, I took it on a three day car camping trip and by day three, all I had was cold water while the fancier coolers others had seemed to do a lot better. For just keeping beer and soda cold at the house, there is nothing better, though.

Nice post @Teriecat ninja warrior fan myself.

Otw to Miami 🤮 out of the Louisville airport, security was insane. Heard something happened at the jail or some truck ran into something 🤷🏼‍♂️. Made it. Had a beer and a shot, put on 2 Bears 1 Cave podcast (which is touching hilarious) and back to sleep for this guy.

Can’t wait to get back to my dog, Buster!

Reactions: Teriecat
-Also, I LOVE Westerns, but the Ballad of Lefty Brown on Netflix isn’t good. It’s slow and boring. I was on a plane and didn’t even like it. I quit 3/4 through and watched Tyrants instead. That’s saying something coming from me and a western that was well cast and had potential.

It’s basically watching the worst actor in the movie hunched over with a shotgun walking through brush and mumbling. Maybe he’s a great actor and killed the role but was terribly written 🤷🏼‍♂️.

-Had a chick on my flight up here that did the most uncivil act in all of mankind of which we all know. She pushed ahead of me when deplaning when I was the seat ahead of her. Her boyfriend just dropped his head and waved me through giving me the, “yeah she sucks but she’s hot look.” He was right in both cases.

We’ve talked about it plenty but Jesus Hardin Christ, how do people not know that’s a bitch move? It’s uncivil and uncouth. You want to be that person to push ahead of me so you can wait 5 more minutes still to deplane .9 seconds before the rest of us. Cool. Enjoy your life of being unable to understand the norms of society gal, good thing you’re hot but don’t understand that’s why people deal with you.

-may have been Sam Smith oatmeal stout that I had to drink hot...either way been a long time.

-have a yeti tumbler that was a gift. If I were to buy a new cooler I'd go with orca or pelican...made in America, of course. 300 bones for Chinese crap is silly, imo. For now the igloo does the trick.

-state tennis tournament last week was fun. Rain complicated/delayed stuff. Scads of folks about.

^tennis skirts>yoga pants, I'm old school.

I honestly can’t choose between the tennis skirt and yoga pants. It’s too difficult.
Indeed. These aren't mutually exclusive either. Yoga pants are the greatest thing to ever happen to birdwatching at Kroger(s) or other generic situations. Tennis skirts are basically a classier bikini that can be worn in polite situations.

All of these things are upside.

Reactions: wcc31
1440690761-gettyimages-485147436.jpg

False.

I don't know why some of you prefer to see clothing material over actual legs. It's kind of strange tbh, and similar to the "cowboy boots over heels" crowd. You'd rather see manly footwear over the actual woman? I mean, okay.
You are missing the point, you baronial twit. I don't see anyone saying they like yoga pants over a hot girl in a skirt. Instead, yoga pants have been an absolute game changer in the last ten years. Now even marginal women are worth a second look in public.

And a girl in a jean skirt wearing boots is a great look. Stick to bragging about the topography of Louisville while the karst topography put a hole in your yard.

You are missing the point, you baronial twit. I don't see anyone saying they like yoga pants over a hot girl in a skirt. Instead, yoga pants have been an absolute game changer in the last ten years. Now even marginal women are worth a second look in public.

And a girl in a jean skirt wearing boots is a great look. Stick to bragging about the topography of Louisville while the karst topography put a hole in your yard.

-liked for the proper use of "baronial".

Wayne literally ranked yoga pants over a hot girl in a skirt.

Enjoy your cowboy fetish. It's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT