ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a good feeling that Popovich's relationship with these folks off the camera is much better than what it is on. He's highly regarded, and even revered, all across basketball -- players, coaches.....even the (**gasp**) media. Air Force Academy grad who served his country for 5 years and has lived all over the world. And to add to/correct my good friend SAE, he's coached African Americans -- and players from all over the world -- for decades.

He may be too woke for many of you, but he's not some hypocritical Chris Kolb d-bag sitting behind a desk typing out opinions on the internet. He's done and seen some things. He's got my respect.
I respect what Coach K has accomplished in his career and still find him to be a smug, hypocritical jerk.

Is this controversial?

I don't even remember being 4 years old. The fact that you not only remember specific places you went, but also can recall certain notions you had at the time is quite impressive.
We moved away from Paducah when I was 4 years old, and I have a lot of memories from living down there. Did you experience some trauma, or are you just dumb?

Reactions: roguemocha
It’s not woke if you like pop. It’s woke to say pop isn’t an asshole (when he clearly is) bc of the sole reason of you agreeing with him politically. This isn’t that hard dude.

You’re talking out your ass. You don’t know what I do and don’t agree with. In fact, I don’t either- I would have to see whatever comments you are taking issue with. If it is a “woke” take, I likely disagree, actually.

I hadn't been to Myrtle in about 15 years. I grew up going to Nags Head/southern NC beaches with about 5 years of North Myrtle in there. We had a helluva deal on a place to stay (friend of the fam) in North Myrtle area so that's really the only reason we went. I much prefer IOP/Charleston, tbh, but I prefer cheap as hell more. Cherry Grove is actually a perfectly cromulent beach and there are plenty of areas that aren't packed out. Myrtle proper is a MESS, though, and glad we weren't down there.

Reactions: roguemocha
You’re talking out your ass. You don’t know what I do and don’t agree with. In fact, I don’t either- I would have to see whatever comments you are taking issue with. If it is a “woke” take, I likely disagree, actually.
I didn’t make this political. I said it was nice to see him get humiliated a bit since he is an asshole. Your first response back was “I like America”. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

You then went on to say how this is America and we should be able to have differing opinions on issues. I don’t even know nor care about his stance on political issues. My one stance about him is he acts like an asshole in every interview you see and it’s nice to see people like that get it handed to them every now and then.

The Freaknik moved to Louisville in the late 90’s on Derby Week.

3 of my college buddies and I drove up to Louisville after finals for the Derby in 2000. Maybe against our better judgement Post Derby we cruised Broadway in my buddy’s Jeep and hit up Indi’s for some wings and spicy wedges. The scene in the parking lot was unreal. A good time if we’re being honest and the wings were on point per usual.

We moved away from Paducah when I was 4 years old, and I have a lot of memories from living down there. Did you experience some trauma, or are you just dumb?
I must be dumb because I don't remember shit. I also don't remember the last time you had a noteworthy post.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Shaedon Sharpe is a dope name.

Wait...checks notes....he is from Arizona. I look forward to his on year here before he transfers back west to be close to home.

Edit he is actually from Canada so I don't know what to think.

Shaedon Sharpe is a dope name.

Wait...checks notes....he is from Arizona. I look forward to his on year here before he transfers back west to be close to home.

Edit he is actually from Canada so I don't know what to think.
The biggest deal of all this for some people on here is, “But what’s his haircut like?”

-Can you even fathom being part of the American Revolution, I can’t. The Brits rolled up with the equivalent of 45 aircraft carriers in NYC harbor and 300+ other ships right there with at least 10x the number of trained soldiers, yet the Rebels are like, “I think we got this fellas.”

Just blows my mind.

Deep thoughts.

by Jack Handy

I swear I thought we got Mr. Coburn last week. Whatever.

The only question I have is why is the 7' 20&10 monster not going pro? Is he stupid or what?

-Can you even fathom being part of the American Revolution, I can’t. The Brits rolled up with the equivalent of 45 aircraft carriers in NYC harbor and 300+ other ships right there with at least 10x the number of trained soldiers, yet the Rebels are like, “I think we got this fellas.”

Just blows my mind.

Deep thoughts.

by Jack Handy
Counterpoint: The deadliest battle of the Revolutionary War saw about 1,500 men killed.

Sharpe looks like a larger Monk - so I doubt he’ll be staying more than a year

The only time I went to myrtle beach was senior week 1999 and I threw up on dickle whiskey for 3 hrs so Myrtle beach can EAD

Maybe I’m being ignorant but I just feel like Cockburn would clog up the lane and have us running a multiple big offense like I’m sick of

I have too many viewing options with all this streaming which has turned into me not watching anything

Reactions: B.B.d.K. and Mossip
I don't give 2 shits about Kofi.

He’s arguably going to be the most dominant player in college basketball this season.

Illinois surrounded him with guards and they played beautiful basketball, which you worship. They could shoot, & teams had to respect the fact he’s a monster which created opened driving lanes. It worked well.

He’s arguably going to be the most dominant player in college basketball this season.

Illinois surrounded him with guards and they played beautiful basketball, which you worship. They could shoot, & teams had to respect the fact he’s a monster which created opened driving lanes. It worked well.
They did look good in the Final Four IIRC.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart

Love our current roster makeup.

Kofi is a beast - Cal having twin towers just makes me nervous at wasting the complete redo of the roster (guard and shooter dominant)

Anyone who thinks those two bigs won’t play a ton together, with Brooks/Toppin at the 3, is a fool. 😞

- I don’t trust Cal to let these kids shoot like it seems we should. So might as well bring on all the bigs to stop them from being our opponent eventually.

- Went to Mrytle Beach once in my life, and I doubt I’ll ever go back. We golfed 6/7 days there as it was just me, my Uncle and my Stepdad. It was fun just golfing and eating/lounging poolside but I’d never in my life get that freedom again.

- American Legion Park in Etown is awesome. Has a nice pool/activity spot and a nice par 3 course. Taking the family after we move, and can’t wait to see if my oldest enjoys golf.

- Speaking of my oldest, he is super passive and withdraws from competition/confrontation. So last night during a sparring with another kid my son took a few too many shots and got pissed and just destroyed this kid with a spin kick and two punches to the head.

Everyone took notice and he was pumped, but felt terrible and was apologizing to the other kid and his parents. ::eyeroll::

His leader(whatever that’s called) was applauding him so now he is ready to spar again tonight.

- Bring on some football. The NBA has done its job, let’s get there!!

Counterpoint: The deadliest battle of the Revolutionary War saw about 1,500 men killed.
The number was actually closer to 1000, but that was also a much higher casualty rate than anything short of our civil war.

Some battles saw over 50% killed or wounded.

My last big family vacation was to Myrtle Beach just after I turned 21 before my true senior year at UK. Hooked up with a couple babes and enjoyed some legal brews from the resort tiki bar - which was awesome a mere 3 weeks into being of age.

So I have some great memories of the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT