ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

It’s one thing to have a varying opinion. It’s another to take a hard cut/dry stance on a very complicated matter to pander to your audience causing much more harm than good and not to mention talking out of your ass.

Pop doesn’t seem like the pandering type to me. He may be wrong but I believe wholeheartedly he’s sincere.

Call me White Wayne all you want, but I have no issues with the US losing to Nigeria in basketball. Population: 200 M, tons of NBA talent, big-time athletes. But Australia? C'mon.

I have a good feeling that Popovich's relationship with these folks off the camera is much better than what it is on. He's highly regarded, and even revered, all across basketball -- players, coaches.....even the (**gasp**) media. Air Force Academy grad who served his country for 5 years and has lived all over the world. And to add to/correct my good friend SAE, he's coached African Americans -- and players from all over the world -- for decades.

He may be too woke for many of you, but he's not some hypocritical Chris Kolb d-bag sitting behind a desk typing out opinions on the internet. He's done and seen some things. He's got my respect.

-The old man got engaged to his widowed lady friend over the weekend. She's great, and we're all happy for them. It's still a little surreal. C'est la vie.
SAE's old man gonna officially move to the NC! He'll be crushing beers with me and Bernie living our best lives!

She sold that place in April, bub.
Wow… I wasn’t aware. They didn’t call me to help move stuff like they did during the first week of lockdown. His fiancé had a dry cough and I was sure that helping your dad move a piece of furniture was going to get me killed.

-What's weird, I just read SAE's post thinking it was WCC. Now I'm a bit mind touched. Believe that's the first time I've ever done it.

-Weeknd, has always been excellent.

-Just let me know when you want someone to look at it, bubba. I gotcha, as always.

-CEUs today. Zoom, thankfully, which is mostly good because I'm not stuck in the Richmond Ramada Inn conference room. However, the audio quality is similar to an almost out of range AM Station because these goobers don't know how to mute themselves. The know it all talkative guy in every meeting is really f*cking annoying today. We started this sucker off with a youtube from retired Naval Seal doing a commencement somewhere. Sweet, fired up for the next hours of veiled racism, Trump love, bitching, and moaning about "youngins".

Positive side I've crushed a bunch of shit I've been putting off.

-Jumped in the Camp Chef ring yesterday. Feel pretty good about it. Still a bit skeptical of pellets, but as a secondary grill, let's get it.

-I have nothing but respect for parents that go with 3+ kids but I'm not interested. 2 is the number for me. That ship sailed. Team of 4.

-Somehow I still get shit for being on the internets even though I met the hussy on here and she's part of a dozen constant text threads. Again, rich af. Lots of that going around.

-Shoulder with a tweak, assuming it's from throwing whiffle balls for backyard bp. Getting old is dumb.

-Best part of looking toward fall is picking up a new round of 3/4 zips.

Last edited:
Lass absolutely sleeps like a rock, but still maintains her very selective hearing.

me up late watching a game and yelling at the tv = dead asleep
me coming in late and brushing my teeth, taking contacts out, going to the bathroom = nothing
dog wakes up in the middle of the night and needs to go outside = sleeps right thru it
next door neighbors are up late partying = nope. doesn't hear a sound
me up late and grab one last beer from the fridge and crack it open = OH MY GOD ARE YOU HAVING ANOTHER BEER YOU NEED TO STOP IT'S LATE COME TO BED YOU ARE SO STUPID YOU DON'T NEED ANOTHER BEER YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THAT AND FEEL AWFUL TOMORROW
fireworks going off all night around the 4th of july = sleeps peacefully in bed
keep the tv on in the bedroom and watch it all night = nothing but z's

That beer crack. Man. It's like a sonic boom in my house.

Some of you are becoming insufferable. You make excuses for poor behavior because his politics align with yours.
Pop has always been a giant asshole, and I had no idea what his politics were until recently.
Bobby Knight is a huge conservative, why in God's name would that have anything to do with how much of an asshole he is? The guy was a giant corksucker to anyone he came in contact with. I'm supposed to excuse that because his politics might align with mine? Sorry I never got the memo.

The Chris Kolbs, WCC and SAE's of the world is what's wrong with society today. Hope you all choke on your wokeness.

PTI…It’s uncanny. Now that we have kids she’s much more tired so she doesn’t wake up as much when I’m trying to get to my destination COLD ONE CITY but there’s still moments.

LASS: I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WE’RE COMING TO BED?!! DO YOU NEED TO ANOTHER BEER?!

***cracks open another domesto. Thinks about various options including some of the smartass variety on how to respond while staring into YouTube abyss***

Post-Vacation Randoms Time! Because I'd rather type this than answer any of my unread emails!

- First vacation of my life where I was gone more than 7 days, and man. I had been MISSING OUT. I was ready to come home by the last day, which has happened exactly zero times in my life for any other vacation of a week's or less duration. My blood pressure and resting heart rate both dropped by 10. Taking 2 years between vacations is not recommended, but made this one pretty damn sweet.

- Flying out: easy day. Cheap flight. Pro move. Flying back: holy shitballs I would rather have walked home from South Carolina on Conor McGregor's busted ankle. Shout out to CVG for having a) no gates operating at landing b) no gate agents when we did get a gate c) jamming two of four carousels at baggage claim at 12:20 am with a combined 12 arrival flights. Also, we weren't allowed to check in early in the SC airport (?!?!) so we got to spend some quality time with the airport Cinnabon, stranded outside TSA, for 4 hours. NEAT.

What possessed us to think flying back with an ETA of 11:27 pm on a Monday was a good idea, I don't know, but NEVER AGAIN.

- Just kidding looking at flights to NYC and turns out we're about to fly late again on our return to max out time in the city. We are idiots.

- I thought Broadway at the Beach had the USDA Grade A White Trash of Myrtle Beach until we went to the new-ish Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. I'm no Richie and not particularly formal outside of the office, but good lord, have some self-respect, people. Dirty Myrtle, indeed.

- Barefoot Landing >>> Broadway at the Beach. And Calabash beats the hell out of both for restaurants, both for the food and the quality of the service. I ate my bodyweight in hush puppies and fried fish.

- Perfect weather the entire trip other than the remains of the hurricane blowing through overnight. Even then, no rain during the day. The undertow in the ocean was UNREAL for days after the storm blew through. Knee deep, and the current was pulling people off their feet. (Still went swimming, though.)

- I am a grown adult (allegedly), but my favorite thing we did the entire week...Alligator Adventure. It was actually more bang for the buck than Ripley's Aquarium (which is cool, too). We stuck around for the last gator feeding of the day and welp, that's a good reminder of where humans are in the food chain. I also can't believe how close you are to these half-ton killing machines there. Literally inches from crocs and gators big enough to take out a Toyota Camry's worth of humans, and they just lay there grinning and sunning themselves.

- Watched about a season's worth of Fresh Prince during breakfasts the whole week. Not many shows with live audience/laugh tracks hold up now, but FP is right up there with Seinfeld for me. OG Aunt Viv forever.

- Knocked out 9 books on the trip. I'm fully enmeshed in a Michael Connelly kick now, but best thing I read was 102 Minutes by Jim Dwyer and Kevin Flynn, about people trying to get out of the WTC on 9/11. It's short, but extraordinarily well written, and will also make you want to punt Port Authority higher ups into the ocean for the cost cutting and code skirting when the towers were being built hat eliminated tons of possible escape routes.

As for Connelly, I love all the Bosch novels, but The Poet might be his strongest story (was a standalone novel before it got a follow up 15 years later, which I'm midway through now).

- Checked work email a grand total of two times in ten days. I am going to be paying for that luxury for the rest of the month. Worth it.

- Back to meet prep szn for me. Ready to hit some fresh PRs this fall.

/procrastination

• Comfort access feature decided to take a crap on both my car’s key fobs. God forbid you take the key out of your pocket... YouTube research showed fuse #73 is typically the culprit. So instead of going to dealer and paying $180 to diagnose and fix, I decide a run to the auto part store is an easy way to DIY $5 blown fuse fix. Of course the fuse box is buried, break glove box hinge, drop fuse tweezer into the abyss, and you pull the wrong effing fuse and drop it next to abyss-bound tweezer. Honestly some German dude has either tiny hands or they have another tool to service fuses. Now nothing works. Good job, Kook. Loser.
  • Looks like Bouknight can drink/drive better than he can recruit. We need some help on the outside and keep striking out on decent WRs.
  • Getting ready for 5 days of work commuting starting Aug 1. I’m gonna wage war against that policy. Working from home f*cks.
  • Kid at swimming lessons, wife galavanting, other kid at summer job. #Teamsummer
  • Kentucky, college touring, Cape May, Saratoga, Charleston...from now til mid September. Covid released the Kracken.
  • Playing golf at my nephews CC on Friday. I’m gonna be rusty AF.
  • Ribs on Egg on Sunday were magnificent, but that rich pork destroys me. sad.
  • Espresso game on point. Looking at some rotary pump semiautomatic pro machines tapped into my new water line... wife disapproves my projected budget. Impasse.
  • Watching Euro2020 reactions to PKs was a two-hour long rabbit hole. The Brits can EAD.

I wish we had, at some point, brought Gerad Parker onto the staff to coach WR's. I know he had some issues at Purdue a few years ago, but he's a former Cat who is obviously well thought-of by some big-time coaches. Ship has sailed now that he's Neal Brown's OC, but that would have been a guy who would have locked down that job for a while, and perhaps even moved into the OC chair at some point.

I mean, I still LIKE MY TEAM, and I'm good with Coen, just would've been a slam-dunk WR coach hire.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Gerard Parker is an exceptionally talented position coach, but unless he's very nice to the media and completely agrees with my political and social stances, I'll pass thanks.

I was 4 the first time I went to Myrtle Beach and I was like there is ALL the white trash here. Apparently my parents did too because after that we went to Hilton Head and then bought a place in Kiawah. I mean, they felt it too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT