ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Reiser absolutely steals the show in The Kominsky Method.

Netflix - pretty good show.

Well, never could get a rental after my delayed flight and National being closed. Nowhere in Louisville, Etown, Radcliffe, Bloomington, Nashville (IN) had one single car to rent. Enterprise said they were sold out in all KY until the end of the week. Kind of messed up my plans obviously, but me and a buddy are having a good time nevertheless.

I loathe people whose first impulse is to whip out their phone and film an emergency. Do something besides filming your reaction to what could potentially be 35 feet of steel falling on your head, toots.

If Red Dawn happened now, that idiot would be filming the Soviets hanging from parachutes on IG Live and narrating before being felled by 5.45.

Reactions: HUBER
I loathe people whose first impulse is to whip out their phone and film an emergency. Do something besides filming your reaction to what could potentially be 35 feet of steel falling on your head, toots.

If Red Dawn happened now, that idiot would be filming the Soviets hanging from parachutes on IG Live and narrating before being felled by 5.45.

finales-seinfeld.jpg

Well, as a media hater, I’m fine with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
There is a clear difference between hating holier than thou scribes and being a complete jerk to a sideline reporter just trying to do his or her job.

Regardless of politics, I find Pop insufferable. If you are winning world titles, you can let the fungus grow back on your shower shoes and the press will think you're colorful. If you are losing to Nigeria and Australia with the best players in the world, however, it means you're a slob.

Because Pop had great players, and won lots of games, it became acceptable and even cool for him to be a total asshole to the media and really anyone else who questioned him. Bobby Knight on a smaller scale.

I forgot that having opinions different than yours on a particular topic makes one an asshole.

I thought I lived in America?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

It’s one thing to have a varying opinion. It’s another to take a hard cut/dry stance on a very complicated matter to pander to your audience causing much more harm than good and not to mention talking out of your ass.

Small annoyances...

- When you bring in what appears to be a perfectly grilled piece of chicken, thermometer having read 165, only to cut into it and see that it's still undercooked. Faulty meat thermometers* are the worst.

*don't, Boat.

- Youth sports coaches who don't end practice on time.

- HS recruits who don't use the correct name of the college when announcing an offer or commitment. "BLESSED TO RECEIVE AN OFFER FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF OHIO STATE!" Five seconds of research, bub. That's all it takes.

- When your kid arranges to have a friend sleep over and the other parent is ambiguous about when they'll pick up their kid (or when you can take their kid home). "We'll just come sometime Tuesday." Nope. Give us a time, or at least a window. We enjoy having your kid over, but we have lives, too.

- Chad.

- Apple CarPlay, or whatever it's called. I'm just trying to charge my phone. I don't need the car to begin simultaneously playing a Tyler Childers song, a voicemail, a podcast, and a video from vacation all at once.

Gonna go slip in a Werther's Originals and yell at the clouds for a bit.

-Can't help it, I love "Save Your Tears" by The Weeknd and Ariana Grande. Great song. Probably just a fan of his tbh.

-Blue helmet (non stripe, blue facemask), anthracite jersey, blue pants is probably my favorite ALT combo.

-While there are many things I can't comprehend in the engineering world, designing the average American golf course doesn't feel all that hard (I know it's extremely difficult and nuanced). But, still, folks.

-Forget a boss, my wife drops in on my lurking or posting and gives me more shit than I've ever received in my career for the worthless pastime. "Oh, is it catspause time again? K."

-We've got two frozen embryos. Both females. I'm absolutely done, but the lass wants to give them both a shot. I imagine this is what it feels like to root against your kid's travel team when a victory means another trip/tournament. We'll see.

-One benefit of this mild weather is opening the windows and just taking in some fresh air. Like the rest of summer, I get pretty sick of the damn AC come around mid-July. Hell, I may even be ready to stare at a firepit again soon, something I wasn't sure I'd ever say again after a year of it being the centerpiece of my social life during the COVIDS 19.

-The old man got engaged to his widowed lady friend over the weekend. She's great, and we're all happy for them. It's still a little surreal. C'est la vie.

-Man I'm looking forward to a proper Saturday slate of college football. Speaking of, Anth, I need an electrician soon for exterior work on the terrace. Will also need a new AC unit for the rental sometime this winter/early spring, somewhat ironically.

-SPF 30 was the right play all last week at the beach. Nice cookie brown here, folks. No burn. Just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT