ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krazykat must’ve bought a pistol too because I just saw him exit his vehicle with a Glock 43x/48 on his right hip and walk inside the post office. Must be a sovereign citizen.

• Wow
Reactions: WayneDougan
Randoms:

- I am just generally outraged-out at this point. You mean you shouldn’t racially eviscerate a guy for missing a kick? Well no shit. Is it necessary to take a strong stand against something we all agree is out-of-bounds?

- The game was awesome. What else can you say. Freaking redfaced Pickford looked like he was on the brink of losing his mind all game then clutches up with that save. Got me off my feet screaming - and not so those surrounding could know I was a legit football fan but just because sports, man.

- And Wembley - that was incredible. What a scene.

- So professional athletes are to be able to make millions and millions, generally control their situations, be deified, famous, live as the 1%, etc BUT by gawd they are not to be criticized when they make a bad play, play poorly. Sorry bub - comes with the territory. As Draper said, THAT’S WHAT THE MONEY’S FOR!

- So I guess the movie theater experience is generally coming to an end. That’s sad to me. Will always love going to a show. Still remember vividly specific movie theater experiences - Home Alone, Batman, The Dark Knight, Wedding Crashers, etc.

- No one mentions the female of privlege of never ever having to lift anything heavy.

- I don’t mind an occasional DIY reality TV show but those couple hosts are always annoying AF.

- There are still things in life I just have no grasp on how they work:

* Live TV - yeah satellites, but how?
* Underwater tunnels- totally perplexed by this one

- I just have a thing for Anna Kendrick. Think she is sexy as hell.

- Always enjoy a movie where the press is digging for the truth.

- Wife is in Dallas for work. May dig into Ted Lasso.

Who says movie theaters are dead?

They’ll come back as more and more people get out. And I’d say in certain areas of the country they’re already coming back.

I get we want everything streamed now and many new releases are going straight to HBO Max or Paramount + but there’s something about the in theater experience.

Bet your ass I’m going to the theater for Top Gun Maverick and Many Saints of Newark this fall.

They’ll come back as more and more people get out. And I’d say in certain areas of the country they’re already coming back.

I get we want everything streamed now and many new releases are going straight to HBO Max or Paramount + but there’s something about the in theater experience.

Bet your ass I’m going to the theater for Top Gun Maverick and Many Saints of Newark this fall.

I’m sure there will be a few released but it will never be the same.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Reactions: cawoodsct

I hope you're right. On the plus side, my kids would still rather go to the theatre 10 out of 10 times over watching it at home. I would also assume it's still a typical date move (assuming teens and young adults still date). And for the big action/adventure releases, a lot of folks would prefer to see that on a huge screen.

But the issue will be if studios find it's more profitable to release it directly on streaming services (i.e., Disney +).

Homefield is going to start selling UK gear this weekend if you can stomach giving your money to those jackass Hoosiers.

Reactions: warrior_SW
Kendrick is short, hot and classy BUT certainly not stacked. Not many curves on that chick.

I had a helluva time at the movies yesterday. Not sure they're dead, or going away, but it is different. Pretty solid crowd for Black Widow. I just think a pretty decent group of people enjoy that too much to let it go. I know I certainly do. Release the movies a week early in theaters rather than wait months like we used to. Offer those monthly passes like Regal.

They'll make it.

* Saw Black Widow this weekend as well. Usually go to the movies about once a year. Thoughts....

- it's really only bearable to me when the theater is fairly empty
- Sunday at 4pm is a solid start time
- didn't really need a reminder of how hot ScarJo is, but I got it.
- looked around the theater, saw 3 other people total, and thought to myself "I see why AMC stonk is to the moon."

* Mindless television background noise of choice at the moment = Bar Rescue.

You know, most of these rescues fail miserably if you do a quick Google search. How in the world has this show lasted so long? And who puts all the money up?

* Well the Les Miles experiment certainly worked out well for Kansas. I don't know what's more shocking to me about that program -- that they went 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl in 2007, or that Mark Mangino is still alive.

* So the coffee shop owner in Lexington that refused to close during the pandemic (which I mostly supported) is now running for Senate. Find, but his:

link: Brewed

...business page has turned 100% into political rants and ramblings. Just seems unbelievably douchey, unnecessary, and ill advised.

* Can't imagine how much pressure Cal will be under when Reed Sheppard commits. Think back to how miserable he was last year with the fans' reaction to Dontaie Allen, and I guess multiply it by about 1,000.

* Which girls name has more iterations of spelling -- Lindsey, or Britney?

* Former MMA fighter hangs himself in prison:

link: Travis Fulton

Career MMA record: 255-54-1
Career boxing record: 25-48-2

385 pro fights. Seems pretty healthy.

* This freaking guy:

* So the coffee shop owner in Lexington that refused to close during the pandemic (which I mostly supported) is now running for Senate. Find, but his:

link: Brewed

...business page has turned 100% into political rants and ramblings. Just seems unbelievably douchey, unnecessary, and ill advised.
Followed him after the original ordeal but had to quickly unfollow because he's way over the top.

Dude is a joke. Failed businessman who always was looking for a way to get into politics and lucked into the Covid situation.

He also owns this cleaning company, the Facebook page mysteriously disappeared once it became more public.

146979122_110919787584614_4544085574606892226_n.jpg

Randoms.....

-Destin was awesome. 11 hour drive there, 10 hour drive back. (Better than the 18-20 hours of delays and missed flights our friends had by taking the supposed short flight.) Beautiful beaches, good food, tons of stuff for the kids, and so many less New Yorkers as opposed to the South Florida area we have frequented previously. Just a bunch of good ol southern folks having a good time blasting fireworks, drinking booze, and eating decent seafood on a beautiful beach with clear blue water.

-We've all heard Dr Boat glamorize Crab Island over the years. Well, we rented a boat and hit Crab Island and it is indeed a blast. Kids on saw a couple of boobs which disappointed me, but close to the shores of Eglin Air Force Base which has some incredible sea shell snorkeling in 3-4 foot water that the kids absolutely enjoyed. Also the dolphins were out in full force which the kids loved seeing. Score one for Dr Boat on steering us that direction.

-Negative part of the trip was us having breakfast on our patio right on the beach (kids still in bed thankfully) and seeing an older man wash up on shore, with his family on the beach. Not sure if he had a heart attack or just drown from the waves, but a very sobering, sad event to have to witness with the family being present while EMT worked on him trying to revive him. We are all going to die one day, but I sure hope I don't go on vacation, in my swim trunks, in front of my family. So sad.

-Met a dude at our resort from Dallas who runs Ultras. Said he knew PTi well. Forgot his name but looked Latino. Small world.

-Rear seat headrest monitors are an absolute must for any of you with small children who do some driving for vacation. Reduced the amount of times I heard "are we there yet?" by about 80% which made for a better drive.

-Back seat room in a F150 >>>>>> Back seat room in a Ram 2500. Not even close really. As much as I love my new truck, the room in the back certainly doesn't mirror the overall hugeness of the truck.

-Travel baseball is exhausting.

-🙏 for CJ Fredrick's leg.

-Any local business owners getting calls on NIL stuff yet? I think TyTy should replace the polar bear pajama lady on the Bryant commercials personally.

-Got the McGregor PPV and that leg break was gruesome! How he sat on the mat, leg broken in half, and was still talking shit is just amazing to me. Id be rolling around in tears like a bitch. Don't mind spending $79 on a good fight, but always want more than a round. That chick fight with the Mexican girl a couple matches before was just incredible. The way the white girls faced distortedd in slow mo when she punched her was just amazing.

The Washington Football Team should go with Pigskins for their new monikers. They get to keep Skins as a part of their name. They could have a Hog as their actual mascot, continuing that tradition. They can keep their colors. And, of course, footballs are also called pigskins so there's the obvious connection to the sport. It works on all fronts.

HUBER: Gerardo aka Jerry/Gerry?

My first guess.

Maybe.

Honestly I don't recall as I tried to inject as much Weller into my body as I possibly could once the trips out of the resort were complete. He lit up when I mentioned your name though. Unlike you he didnt cough constantly and wasn't a dickhead. Super nice guy with a great group of kids and wife though. Mostly ran marathons but had done several Ultras. Obviously, we didn't have a lot in common so I soon moved away in the pool as to not pee on my wife, him, and his kids as they all talked.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Giant block letters in a front yard in my neighborhood…

”HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACKS!”

Macks.

Last edited:
Spent the weekend in Nashville for a birthday party. Holy shit balls that place is completely nuts now. 10x the amount of people on Broadway now as opposed to the crowds of the old SEC tournaments.

The tootsies and Legends are now overshadowed by these 4 level giant bars like Flor Georgia line bar etc. Not a fan.

Did hear two different artist, a guy and a girl who are both better than anything in pop country right now. I'm sure they won't even get a sniff

In other news, U of L catcher went first overall in MLB draft.
Trinity's Catcher went 47th. Factor in Will Smith from the Dodgers and the city of Louisville clearly is a hotbed of catcher talent.

By the way, how cliché is the Trinity kid's name for a baseball player? "C'mon Daylen, we got a travel tournament to go to!"

Speaking of Nashville, the restaurants at the new Fifth + Broadway are going to be printing money once events at Bridgestone really get going. Any type of food you could want literally across the street now.

Well, appears my dipshit college roommate has turned into quite the Lexington man about town. Highlights included drinking pappy vanwinkle for the first time with some successful Lexington bar owners, getting blacked out and dominating various dance floors, smoking cigars and drinking cognac with the GM of Ruby’s on their patio, and watching the Connor macgegor fight with Bruiser Flint which looking back on it was actually really weird. Either way I’m good for the year, the recovery has been rough.

Lexington is doing awesome and was great to see so many upgrades and cool new bars and places. Great last hurrah before #3. Got to tour abandoned Two Keys which was surreal. Couldn’t believe it closed down but hearing the actual story I guess it makes sense. Brought back a ton of memories though.

You ever think about how generic band names used to be?

Bread
Kansas
The Cars
The Police
Boston
The Allman Brothers Band
Asia

I mean seriously those names do nothing for me.

Randoms.....

-Destin was awesome. 11 hour drive there, 10 hour drive back. (Better than the 18-20 hours of delays and missed flights our friends had by taking the supposed short flight.) Beautiful beaches, good food, tons of stuff for the kids, and so many less New Yorkers as opposed to the South Florida area we have frequented previously. Just a bunch of good ol southern folks having a good time blasting fireworks, drinking booze, and eating decent seafood on a beautiful beach with clear blue water.

-We've all heard Dr Boat glamorize Crab Island over the years. Well, we rented a boat and hit Crab Island and it is indeed a blast. Kids on saw a couple of boobs which disappointed me, but close to the shores of Eglin Air Force Base which has some incredible sea shell snorkeling in 3-4 foot water that the kids absolutely enjoyed. Also the dolphins were out in full force which the kids loved seeing. Score one for Dr Boat on steering us that direction.

-Negative part of the trip was us having breakfast on our patio right on the beach (kids still in bed thankfully) and seeing an older man wash up on shore, with his family on the beach. Not sure if he had a heart attack or just drown from the waves, but a very sobering, sad event to have to witness with the family being present while EMT worked on him trying to revive him. We are all going to die one day, but I sure hope I don't go on vacation, in my swim trunks, in front of my family. So sad.

-Met a dude at our resort from Dallas who runs Ultras. Said he knew PTi well. Forgot his name but looked Latino. Small world.

-Rear seat headrest monitors are an absolute must for any of you with small children who do some driving for vacation. Reduced the amount of times I heard "are we there yet?" by about 80% which made for a better drive.

-Back seat room in a F150 >>>>>> Back seat room in a Ram 2500. Not even close really. As much as I love my new truck, the room in the back certainly doesn't mirror the overall hugeness of the truck.

-Travel baseball is exhausting.

-🙏 for CJ Fredrick's leg.

-Any local business owners getting calls on NIL stuff yet? I think TyTy should replace the polar bear pajama lady on the Bryant commercials personally.

-Got the McGregor PPV and that leg break was gruesome! How he sat on the mat, leg broken in half, and was still talking shit is just amazing to me. Id be rolling around in tears like a bitch. Don't mind spending $79 on a good fight, but always want more than a round. That chick fight with the Mexican girl a couple matches before was just incredible. The way the white girls faced distortedd in slow mo when she punched her was just amazing.
Yeah that Russian girl got washed. Her nose just spread all over her face with the elbow she took. It was already broke, had to hurt like MoFo.

ESPN had a deal, sign up for ESPN+ for 1 year, get the PPV for $30. Win / Win.

Who ever the EMO dude was who fought O'Malley should NOT be in the UFC. Dude had Zero defense, only thing he can do is take one helluva ass beating. He took the fight on 14 days notice, probably should have declined. But it was a bullshit move by Herb Dean stopping the fight with 22 seconds to go. At least let the kid have a small moral victory of finishing the fight. What is 22 more seconds of getting your ass beat going to hurt ? He was actually throwing punches when it was stopped.

Yeah that Russian girl got washed. Her nose just spread all over her face with the elbow she took. It was already broke, had to hurt like MoFo.

ESPN had a deal, sign up for ESPN+ for 1 year, get the PPV for $30. Win / Win.

Who ever the EMO dude was who fought O'Malley should NOT be in the UFC. Dude had Zero defense, only thing he can do is take one helluva ass beating. He took the fight on 14 days notice, probably should have declined. But it was a bullshit move by Herb Dean stopping the fight with 22 seconds to go. At least let the kid have a small moral victory of finishing the fight. What is 22 more seconds of getting your ass beat going to hurt ? He was actually throwing punches when it was stopped.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT