ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t like the look of Rashford waiting forever to take his PK and then it went downhill from there. But imagine what it means to him, Sancho, and Saka. I mean, this might be in the first paragraph of their obit.
It felt like he changed his mind on placement 3 or 4 times on the run up. And I can’t believe they let Saka take that kick. Props to him for stepping up, but he shouldn’t have been placed in that position.

71° is a gentleman’s temp.🌡 just brisk enough to need a little lightweight down comforter to tuck under. Perfection.

Anything less than 71° is psychopathic, IMHO.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I’m not a huge soccer guy, but that match made me re-think that I may need to become a bigger soccer guy. That was just fantastic athleticism for a solid 3.0 hours.

And basically zero commercials - that’s the single biggest benefit relative to watching our commercialized sports. The ability to really tune in, zone out, and not be interrupted by asinine Geico commercials every three minutes is tremendous.

Just need to pick a team now. USA is obviously first, but who’s my cutesy, Chumps-style Euro pick? May go with the Republic of Ireland. Long love Sinn Fein!

Jesus Christ, you’re right, every other twitter post with #England is about domestic abuse and how it skyrockets after British losses.

Lol… people were saying that same shit for years anyway; now it’s just on Twitter. If you’re a pro athlete who blows a game, your best move is to put away your phone for a few days until it blows over.

But sure, be a bitch and go on Twitter to get a little confirmation bias, then post about it to show you so much better than everyone else.

Jesus Christ, you’re right, every other twitter post with #England is about domestic abuse and how it skyrockets after British losses.
“British” includes Scotland and Wales. Many of the people there are probably happy that England lost.

In other news, U of L catcher went first overall in MLB draft.

A few pics from the HBO filming. They did contact us and asked to come back to do some more. Also, going to fly with us to the National later this month. Jon Frankel was a pretty nice guy. Should air in August/September.

4C97F519-DCBE-4592-A188-77E87BED27B5.jpeg

44FE3C13-8887-454A-B0EF-B3B6B1C26B40.jpeg

D7460FDB-F600-4373-881A-AD6EBEA60A16.jpeg

BA1A50DA-9CD7-4D49-B541-233B8F410A9A.jpeg

BF869DA1-B7B4-4BD0-B3DC-87F147DF4634.jpeg

3AB69512-E2BD-4FC1-944C-28D2CB8345EF.jpeg

897B2E3D-9BB7-47DB-BAB4-81925AB0D441.jpeg

Last edited:
Spent most of the day in a pool watching that soccer match. Can not stand this caliber of game finishing in kicks, but that said a few of them really over thought their positions.

The dude that almost stopped and saw the goalie go left and still hit the post with a miss was miserable.

- Breakfast for dinner, yes! After several beers this is like Heaven.

- Took the Bucks, and doubt I’ll see the end of this game.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Lol… look above. I have no issue with charges. You get your feet set before the dude jumps and that’s just basketball. Gibson’s feet weren’t set and he was leaning over.

By the way, how good is Giannis?

Last edited:
Sounds like way better days than mine. Took stupid American Airlines instead of my usual delta, twice delayed and stuck in Charlotte til 11 than land at SDF at 1, which would be fine but national rental car is closed by then so they told me I can’t get my car. It’s only a quick 3 day getaway and one day is toast, awesome.

Also, they closed all the bars/food joints at 10 right when we’re landing, so no food, drinks, or rental car now.

Buddy from Etown is coming to pick me up with food and a beer so that’s cool.

Furthermore, the masks…come on folks. You’re shoving us into a tiny metal box that’s completely full, why are doing this again? It’s just ridiculously stupid at this point.

Charlotte AA made me switch from my buff to a stupid blue mask, the KW airport didn’t say a thing. Freaking mainlanders I tell you.

Not me hate the masks.

Plus I wear one a lot of the time on the boat or when hitting the pavement with the scoot scoot or bike. That’s just normal for me before all this and afterwards.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Basil Hayden
Got a dope ass tat of him on the forearm. Kind of looks like Lee Harvey Oswald though.

Well, sounds like a challenge. You know enough about me, bring your ass. I welcome it. I am NOT hard to find Youngblood. But, remember one thing, it is a whole lot easier to jump on, than it is to jump off. Hell, I will even buy you a beer afterward, that is the type of guy I am, no hard feelings will be had. But, you had better stick to the high school level, you don't want to F**K with Big Boy shit. Go read your scholastic news and keep up with juvenile trends, it is more your speed.
This guy f*cks.

Granted I’ve never really followed international soccer but watched most of match yday and reading Twitter about it today. Has England always been this open on social media about blasting racist tweets even at their own players?

Granted I’ve never really followed international soccer but watched most of match yday and reading Twitter about it today. Has England always been this open on social media about blasting racist tweets even at their own players?
Don't they throw bananas at black players and other absolutely outrageous stuff in Euro soccer?

At anything short of a Klan rally, that sort of stuff in public would get your ass whipped in America. Kentucky fans have done some idiotic things ("WALSH IS GAY!") but if anyone launched a banana at an opposing player, I'd like to think the surrounding fans would stomp the culprit before security could get there.

I felt so terrible for the teenage kid for England who missed the last one. He was a deer in the headlights -- looked like one of those guys in crunch time where you know he's missing the free throw before it leaves his hands. The anti-Doug Collins, if you will. I know nothing about soccer but it sure didn't seem like he was the guy I would have shooting last if I was the coach.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Of the 3 players who missed, only Rashford had taken penalty kicks for club or country in competition. Yikes. Deer in headlights is right.

England doesn’t get to the finals without Sterling IMO. I think most fans realize that. And I made the joke about not outsourcing your PK’s to Africa, but I had a “that’s why you outsource PK’s to Africa” joke teed you if those guys hit it.

Rashford was the true choke artist in my opinion. You have to put the ball on goal. Goalies are going to occasionally guess correctly, but a miss? C’mon.

-Nope. Only real racists are in America.

-6 year old birthday weekend. Good lord. The party was a huge success and left a trail of destruction that rivaled our bigger early tailgates after a win. Rolling meltdowns while fighting over toys, nerf missiles flying everywhere, highly competitive kick ball games, cupcakes all over place, parents crushing seltzers and domestos.

-Hit up Beer Trappe and CCI after the party. Lol at Beer Trappe. Clientele were exactly what you'd expect. Comfy place to drink though. I had a June something that was actually kombucha. Not bad actually. Went next door to CCI, which is still the best dive bar in Lexington, and got a real beer, $7 buffalo Trace, and a $2.50 dice shot. Left my credit card at a bar for the first time in ages.

-Cancel the Olympics. JFC. You can have a strong take without being the most extreme douche in the room.

-Reds 👀

-I don't understand soccer but why would they have the youngest player ever taking the last kick? Why not send your best 5 players out?

-The new theater downtown is really nice. 2 massive bars with what seems like a hundred screens, very similar to a sports book. Should make the pregame for Rupp much more comfortable than the crowded tiny Hyatt Bar. Decent little arcade and the theater seats are dope.

-I enjoyed Black Widow. The Sister and Dad(Red Guardian) were great characters. Scarlett is always amazing. Good to be back in the theaters watching super hero movies.

-Busy rest of the summer... right into football season. Let's get it.

The continued incidents of racism across the globe in the game of futbol is incredibly problematic, and underscores the work that needs to be done to ingrain inclusion and equality in society. As such, the sport of soccer cannot continue to be played in good conscience at any point in any area of the world. Not now. Not ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT