ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- What Clark said. Naomi Osaka is interviewed in Time this week, and expresses disbelief that people disagree with her stances on kneeling during the anthem, etc. It's not just frustration that people don't agree with their viewpoints...now they can't even wrap their minds around the fact that people don't share their same views.

- Maybe I'm just not reading the right articles, but I don't see any recruiting buzz around IU/Woodson. I see plenty of mentions of Hubert, some of Scheyer, but none of IU. Not that the program was already angling for top 20 guys anyway, but I thought there would have been SOME juice with a new, NBA-experienced hire. But they're not showing up on many/any lists that I've seen.

- A guy who I wish I could have watched in his prime....Reggie Jackson. Seeing old grainy clips of him on those late-70's Yankees teams, they're just electric. He owned that city during their title runs...name chants, a candy bar, a nickname that still sticks 40 years later. By the time I was watching baseball, he was playing for the Angels and trying to assassinate the queen.

- PTI is right....I've never seen anyone under 60 post on FB that their account has been hacked. How are they accessing the site...through a ColecoVision? That age group always cracks me up by being the ones who share those posts that say "I BET NOBODY OUT THERE EVER ATE A TOMATO FRESH FROM THE GARDEN, SHARE IF YOU HAVE".

- Daughter used a couple of those disposable cameras during vacation and has asked me to find a place to get the film developed. Might as well plan on paying for it with an oversize check and a feather pen.

PBs articles read as if he knows his takes are completely crazy, but he is doubling on the craziness and committing to the take. He learned that in GYERO. So props to him for that. And he knows his lane. Super out there liberal woke sports guy. Never back down from a take.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
I kind of believe those types of people are extremely impacted by differing opinions and how people view them. Regardless of political affiliation- being hurt by differing opinions is why they become so emboldened in their own views without a rational ability to discuss matters.

I think it’s more echo chamber- surrounding oneself with only those who see things as you do.

- A guy who I wish I could have watched in his prime....Reggie Jackson. Seeing old grainy clips of him on those late-70's Yankees teams, they're just electric. He owned that city during their title runs...name chants, a candy bar, a nickname that still sticks 40 years later. By the time I was watching baseball, he was playing for the Angels and trying to assassinate the queen.
Was about 10-12 years old in mid 70's in metro NY area, only thing I read was sports section, between Reggie, Billy Martin, and the Yankees it was a great time to be a kid, Jealous of the kids who were going to World Series games, where Reggie hit 3, because their dad's were bigwigs at some banks in NYC while I had to watch on tv. Lasting memory, when I thought all was lost, Chambliss hits the home run to win the pennant. Fans jumping over the wall to run onto the field, wishing you could be there. Great times indeed.

This has been the play of journos in just about every covid article I've read. You can push your fear, create any insane version of the story you want and all you have to do is add a 'possibly' or a 'could happen' and you can always walk it back later. This is gaslighting.. The integrity of the media is non-existent these days. PB's article will generate clicks and that's all that matters to them. if you thought it was about open discussion, welcoming counter-points or even attempting to inform/educate then you're reading the wrong stuff.

that is more contagious and potentially more deadly than those we have dealt with over the past 18 months.

You know what else can potentially happen if the Olympics aren't cancelled? It doesn't become an atrocity.

FFS, PB, get a grip and go drive staples into your dick if you're that miserable with life.

f181fa6a-adae-4544-9929-d60e0d093f01_750x422.jpg

Social media is the replacement for tabloids.
The only difference is there’s now millions of them instead of just a few in the grocery store checkout lanes.

Reactions: august-west
I love the Olympics. Just hate:

Conservatives
Protestants
Southerners

I love the Olympics. Just hate:

Conservatives
Southerners

This covers everyone hoss.

- Are we to the point in football that either Mark needs to move “up” or we get caught cheating?

That red headed SOB has a bottomless hat filled with rabbits!

Reactions: Col. Angus
Was about 10-12 years old in mid 70's in metro NY area, only thing I read was sports section, between Reggie, Billy Martin, and the Yankees it was a great time to be a kid, Jealous of the kids who were going to World Series games, where Reggie hit 3, because their dad's were bigwigs at some banks in NYC while I had to watch on tv. Lasting memory, when I thought all was lost, Chambliss hits the home run to win the pennant. Fans jumping over the wall to run onto the field, wishing you could be there. Great times indeed.
Don't usually post in this thread, but want to add this Reggie story told by a fellow Yankee, Nettles I think. He said he bought a Reggie candy bar once. When he opened it, it told him how good it was.

Man I loved Reggie Jackson as young lad. I still remember, as a 4yo, watching that 77 WS with my old man. The night he hit those bombs cemented his legacy in my mind. The 78 WS was orgasmic for a wee AW. When we would go to a game at Busch stadium I always got get one “goody” at the merchandise stand. Back then they had replica hard hats of every team. I had an A’s, Yankees, and Angels hat because those were teams he played for. Not to mention he was a bad ass that pretty much swung for the fences each at bat. I even had a black wooden bat that I used in little league that I had wrapped white tape around.

Here is one of my favorite Reggie moments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT