ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I remember in the depths of despair as Kentucky fans when we truly thought the only way we could win in the SEC was to throw the ball 90 times a game or run flea flickers and trick plays every down. Cannot get over how tough Piglet has made us.
It really is amazing. We routinely go three deep with quality players on both lines. That seemed literally *IMPOSSIBLE* before he got here.

Now we are worried about our average QB and WR situation. How times change...

Reactions: jayroon
Catching up from the week, few notables…

Chad is a feckless c#nt. Hates the 4th of July, please GTFO.

Not a big cocktail guy, I tell the bartender what I want, but will sometimes ask waiters what dish they recommend. If it sounds good, I’ll bite.

Dev Booker man, he’s got it. Suns in 4!

AC going out on my boat was a big inconvenience, but was able to do some things with family and friends around town that were enjoyable over the holiday. Got my lake fix in too, love our annual run from Lee’s to 76 Falls. Went fishing and whooped’em again. Hit our limit and had a blast. Did a big striper fish fry/grill. Still have the lunker of the summer on our dock.

Lisa Loeb, yes please.

Feels strange I’m more excited about football, maybe this is the year it all comes together.

Neighbors. Brady’s story kills me. She’s just so upset, lol.

Prayers about your boat AC, Boat.

If I start a GoFundME, would anyone contribute?

Reactions: drxman1
Here's what I know when it comes to church.

I am a believer.

Also,

I am terrible at being a Baptist but would be an awesome Catholic.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotchLickKat
-Great week down here in low country. Been strongly buzzed or drunk each night. Slept in most mornings (kids sleep schedules are completely shot - oh well). Lot of shrimp, BBQ, and even a Poe's burger.

-Hurricane rolled through the other night. I was inebriated and sleeping soundly through what was apparently a relatively routine display of mother nature's fury.

-SIL brought her boyfriend. Manhattan born and bred - Ivy League - wealthy venture capitalist. He's 49 and she's 37. Good guy and very gracious, but has never spent much time in the south so much of the large gatherings, drinking, overall warmth and humor of the group was a bit of an experience for him. He handled it well but was ready to wrap it up by last night's party.

He'd certainly make for an interesting BIL should that ever happen.

-Staying until Sunday. One more solid beach day today and we want to take the boy to the aquarium tomorrow which will undoubtedly blow his mind.

-Ran 3 miles on the beach on the 4th and swore I'd do it a couple more times this week. Drank and ate instead.

-Caught some Gamecock sports radio yesterday afternoon. Not much optimism in Columbia for either football or basketball this season, though Shane Beamer seems to be doing all the right things (per Bob, the venerable Gamecock host).

-Charleston is a Gamecock city. Kind of amazing how little anyone gives a F about Clemson in the lower part of the state. Their recent dominance doesn't seem to be making the Tigers up any ground in the Holy City.

-Fun round at Charleston National with my buddies. 101, so not my best outing but settled in a bit outside of some blow up holes. Course was not in as good a shape as most other years so we're going back to Wild Dunes (links course) next year.

-Kentucky Football

- Have a friend that mentioned she really struggles with distractions and procrastination at work... basically admitted she plays on her phone way too much. She asked me some things to do to help buckle down. My suggestion of maybe starting with turning the phone off, leaving it in the car for a bit, etc went over like a lead balloon. That was simply not an option. OK toots.

- Bought one of those not-very-fancy massage guns. Solid purchase.

- I need to be in the office about once per week. Kind of amazing what non-sense it was for everyone to go in all the time.

- Oh, and if you see Burt Reynolds
Would you shake his hand for me?
And tell old Burt, I've seen all his movies
Well, I hope you make the big time
I hope your dreams come true
But if Hollywood don't need you
Honey, I still do

Sometimes I think these churches with names like SOUTHSIDE PRAISE!!! that have concerts every Sunday and wear jeans really get it, but there’s no way I’ll ever attend one to find out. Just seems like they have a lot of fun praising Jesus with their guitars and dramatic lighting.

Lisa Loeb in a thong on MTV in the 90s will forever live in my memory. That was back when a thong was a BIG DEAL and it was glorious.

She has that look of a girl who would be smoking hot in real life and also be really cool. Not sure how anyone (other than White Wayne) could disagree.

I sat next to Lisa Loeb on a flight from NYC to ATL on July 17, 1996. I remember the date because TWA 800 was the same day out of the same airport (pretty freaky getting home and watching that news).

She was cool as hell, and gave me an autographed pic personalized for my sister who was a big fan. Her bodyguard had two seats across the aisle.

Just got an email about some BS diversity training zoom call I have to do for a charitable board I serve on. Wouldn't be so bad, but it's from 4-6pm.

We've not had an in person meeting in over a year, and now they drop this on us :angry:

Any of our fair Cincy brethren going to TQL Stadium tonight for the Clash of the Midwest Hell is Real FC Cincinnati vs Columbus Crew? I will be posted up somewhere in OTR around 12:30. Should be fun.

-Took most of the day off to grab a ride and pick G up early for a pool day. Capped it off with some very mediocre Mexican food, gifts, bundt cakes, cookies and bourbon. Solid day. 6 years old is wild, man.

-Quite a life some of these housewives have. 2p on Thursday out tanning and sipping High Noons? Congrats, toots.

-6lb swing from yesterday to today. F*cking margs and Mexican food is worst at packing on lbs. However, it's by far the best for a group with SIX kids under 6.

-Can we please do away with online menus.? JFC. I'm aware the Delta variant is about to destroy the world but can I just get a paper menu? I'll take my chances.

-Gas prices highest in a decade, unmotivated labor force, materials soaring, supply chain torched, people spending money like crazy. Wild times. We had our main line refrigerant, go from like $200 per jug to over $1000 overnight without warning. Hope you don't need a refill this summer. That stimulus money will eventually run out. Uneasy would be an understatement.

-The Great Outdoors last night while enjoying a nightcap and decompressing from a busy day. John Candy and Dan Aykroyd are just phenomenal. That crew just pumped out some classics. "Big bear, Big Bear, Big Bear."

-
He may be too far gone but what I'd give for one more amazing Kanye album. Love that dude. Easy top 5 for me.

-Vax that ass up!! 🤣 Manny and all. Amazing.

-Low Country still have cell service? Texts getting in or out of there?

Every single restaurant with a drive thru in the entirety of the Myrtle Beach region is closed for in store service due to staff shortages. I don’t know if high school kids don’t get jobs down here or what, but more than a little concerning to see that many “now hiring” signs.

That and I just want to eat my damn Krispy Kreme inside the Krispy Kreme store, shit.

Every restaurant around seems to be having "staffing issues."

I gave my good internet pal wcc a Loveland breakfast rec only to find out they have eliminated breakfast due to not having anybody willing to work it. Ridiculous.

We have a bunch of spoiled brats who just want to look at their phones all day in this country. Effing real epidemic if you ask me.

We're going to start seeing a lot more drive-thru only restaurants in the near future. Most places have had their dining rooms closed for over a year, it requires less staffing, and they're not seeing sales affected.

I hate it. Unless I've got the kids with me I've always went inside to order, unless the drive-thru was empty. If I'm on a road trip or out of town I don't want to eat in my car. And even if I'm in town, if I'm more than 10 minutes away from my house I don't want to bring back cold food.

I hate it too, but business changes all the time. If you're in the bar/restaurant business, you'd better start planning for having way less staff, operating much more efficiently, and trying to do more in sales with less. Just is what it is.

I've got a client that's re-opening a restaurant in a few weeks, and he's putting ordering kiosks at each table this time. Pretty simple change that probably cuts his wait staff in half. These places can whine all they want, but they either need to alter their operating model or just go out of business, I guess.

-Great week down here in low country. Been strongly buzzed or drunk each night. Slept in most mornings (kids sleep schedules are completely shot - oh well). Lot of shrimp, BBQ, and even a Poe's burger.

-Hurricane rolled through the other night. I was inebriated and sleeping soundly through what was apparently a relatively routine display of mother nature's fury.

-SIL brought her boyfriend. Manhattan born and bred - Ivy League - wealthy venture capitalist. He's 49 and she's 37. Good guy and very gracious, but has never spent much time in the south so much of the large gatherings, drinking, overall warmth and humor of the group was a bit of an experience for him. He handled it well but was ready to wrap it up by last night's party.

He'd certainly make for an interesting BIL should that ever happen.

-Staying until Sunday. One more solid beach day today and we want to take the boy to the aquarium tomorrow which will undoubtedly blow his mind.

-Ran 3 miles on the beach on the 4th and swore I'd do it a couple more times this week. Drank and ate instead.

-Caught some Gamecock sports radio yesterday afternoon. Not much optimism in Columbia for either football or basketball this season, though Shane Beamer seems to be doing all the right things (per Bob, the venerable Gamecock host).

-Charleston is a Gamecock city. Kind of amazing how little anyone gives a F about Clemson in the lower part of the state. Their recent dominance doesn't seem to be making the Tigers up any ground in the Holy City.

-Fun round at Charleston National with my buddies. 101, so not my best outing but settled in a bit outside of some blow up holes. Course was not in as good a shape as most other years so we're going back to Wild Dunes (links course) next year.

-Kentucky Football
That wasn’t a hurricane but good try.

Good thing an automated bartender robot is absurdly expensive and no place here is going to pay that upfront cost. Especially because it would be boring as all hell to go to a bar and order from a robot. How’s he going to turn the channel to the game you want to watch?

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT