ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our mayor awarded he and Percy Miller both keys to the city within the last month. Her approval rating is 62%.

Highest ceiling of any mayor in the country, imho.

Cal's Kryptonite has been a roster built upon high profile freshmen who unexpectedly turn out to be walking pieces of human garbage on the court.

I'm not sure he's had a roster constructed like this since his UMass days. Even his pre-NBA age limit Memphis teams where somewhat incomplete because he had a number of elite recruits sign and then declare at the last second for the NBA prior to ever setting foot on their campus.

There really should be no surprises with this group for Cal. He knows what he has to work with, so there will be no excuses related to inexperience.

I mean it still slaps
Like Wayne in a celebrity softball game, imo.

* If (when?) we get Cockburn, I could use a good speech from Calipari about "This isn't communism!" Kofi's just a loooooot better that Oscar. Put him in the middle, surround him with wings, let Sahvir and Tyty fight it out for alpha dog status, and roll like Sherman through the South.

Last edited:
Bounce It, Bounce it, Ima bout to throw a couple thousand. 1's 5's 10's 20's work your way up to them big face 100's.
She wanna be my main chick, i was thinking different, Clap that ass, light that blunt, baby lets get ignant.

THEY still amaze me how they just look like poetry in motion, almost looks fake.

37-CC380-F-81-DE-4-E1-E-9-C5-C-5-BD5-A2-F9-DD25.jpg

Bounce It, Bounce it, Ima bout to throw a couple thousand. 1's 5's 10's 20's work your way up to them big face 100's.
She wanna be my main chick, i was thinking different, Clap that ass, light that blunt, baby lets get ignant.

THEY still amaze me how they just look like poetry in motion, almost looks fake.
What’s good, playa?

-Still vax free over here.

-No internet this morning, heard 5 helicopters fly by and people pretty loud on the streets at 7 am. Not sure what’s going on but not looking forward to leaving this house in a couple hours.

-No idea who any of these new players are, figure it out later.

-Buzzed up and booked a $4K vacation for august with a gal, should be interesting.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
- Good song - “Tuesday I’ll Be Gone” John Anderson.

- Curious if Cal views Duren/Cockburn as dudes too good to pass up or if he’s noticed a soft spot in the roster- namely Collins being more of a project than first thought.

- My father-in-law grew up outside of London, moving to the Bahamas in the late 60s. He took to American football, huge Dolphins fan, and left his soccer fandom behind. That said, he’s pretty pumped to christen his new “sports bar” at his new place with Sunday’s England-Italy Euro final.

- Weather looking great this weekend.

- Curious if Cal views Duren/Cockburn as dudes too good to pass up or if he’s noticed a soft spot in the roster- namely Collins being more of a project than first thought.
Either guy would immediately be viewed as the best/most talented player on the roster.

As much as we are thrilled to have a full roster of returning players or transfers who've had some success, this team is not oozing elite talent.

In prior years, I think Cal would sit back and not pursue these guys based on the promise of the talent already found in his young incoming class. He just doesn't have it for next season.

I only saw pictures but I'm not sure I've ever seen as many people in Jamestown as I did at the John Anderson concert.

As much as we are thrilled to have a full roster of returning players or transfers who've had some success, this team is not oozing elite talent.
You're right to a point but you are overstating it, imo. This team is not oozing NBA talent. It is oozing talent from a bunch of guys who have proven to be good/great performers in college. There is a huge difference.

I am really excited to see what Cal does with these kind of guys. We don't have any John Walls or Demarcus Cousins who can overwhelm more skilled players with sheer NBA size and speed.

For the same reason, I strongly prefer Cockburn to Duren. I'd much rather have a second team All-American coming in rather than an unknown high school hotshot reclassifying late.

This isn't the NBA where you draft Dwight Howard over Emeka Okafor every time. We need college production, not NBA potential.

I like my team.

Has Cal (or any coach for that matter) ever rejected an uber talented player because there is already "too much talent" on the roster? Cal's main talent has been his ability to get great players to play together as a team. I would imagine that he (rightly or wrongly) believes he could find a place for Duren, Cockburn, or anyone else.

Reactions: jayroon
What’s good, playa?
Can't call it. Funny thing is, I might actually be in the Key West area next month. Ole catsfanbgky will be scoot scooting around Key West. Might even reach out to Rouguemeister and ride around a bit with him to see the do's and do nots of the Mecca of tropical living.

• Sad
Reactions: ThroughBlue
Lots of swingin going on out at Norton Commons.
Unfortunately I haven't been invited to one of these yet, but I will say there was an affair that occurred within our neighborhood social circle that provided a good six weeks worth of entertainment.

Well we now have custody of 3/4 of our nieces and nephew. Surreal sight to see in court(or zoom), but amazingly the guy I’ve helped who is the youngest’s father ha s managed to stay up enough to get custody of his 2 year old son.

Really hoping my nephew who plays football and wrestles can show my boys how “to put the work in”.

My wife finally gets her 2 daughters, too!!

Win/Win

Except hearing the SIL sobbing and melting down as the kids grab their clothes and leave left me feeling sorry for her(no understanding at all how this happened) and kind of cheering for the underdog to get it together.

- Not sure I shared previously but landed into some 270 gallon 8YO totes of Ky Straight Bourbon. 80/11/9 Mash Bill.

Cant wait to see what I got here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT