ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad, here is a relatively easy frozen cocktail I occasionally make for Buckeye Marge...

Bottle of pinot grigio
Can of crushed pineapple + juice
A shot of vodka
A bunch of ice

Throw it in the blender and make a nice slushy. Top it off with a little Fresca.

Enjoy.

large.png

canada_dry_club_soda_sodium_free_380f94c7-1bc5-471f-8754-0b97f1f2111d_1296x.jpg

137934179-ripe-slice-of-lime-citrus-fruit-isolated-on-white-background-lime-wedge.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 80 Proof
Equal Parts:

Barrel Seagrass: or any Fruit forward Rye
Sweet Vermouth
Campari
Chocolate bitters

shaken over ice.

Toasted orange peel garnish

boulevardier extraordinaire

Last edited:
I preface this by saying that I know nothing about city planning and it very well could end up being a great thing downtown BUT this Town Branch Trail has done nothing but annoy me for a year plus. They've spent millions of dollars, shut down streets, and been a construction eye sore for part of down town, for what appears to just be a fancy sidewalk.

I preface this by saying that I know nothing about city planning and it very well could end up being a great thing downtown BUT this Town Branch Trail has done nothing but annoy me for a year plus. They've spent millions of dollars, shut down streets, and been a construction eye sore for part of down town, for what appears to just be a fancy sidewalk.
The only part completed is basically a cooler sidewalk.

The part below the MLK viaduct will be like a small park, and the portion going past Triangle Park to the new Convention Center and the park behind it will be very nice.

The portion going from Vine to Midland will connect it all to the Legacy Trail and provide a lot of economic stimulus to the East End of downtown.

-Citrus vodka, simple syrup, sour, cran, top with soda

-orange and raspberry vodka, sour, cran, too with soda
(A variant of the one above, both go by Lemonade usually)

-cucumber vodka, muddled strawberry/mint, lime juice, top with soda (can add a splash of simple or agave if you like it sweeter)

-rum, coconut cream, lime juice

-tequila, grapefruit juice (add soda to thin out) Paloma

-tequila (dulce vida makes some flavored ones that are pretty decent), lime juice, soda, a proper margarita in my opinion.

Journey is as good as music gets.
Bryan Adams had several solid tunes
Rick MFn James with Superfreak
Even had Rick Ansley and Never Gonna Give You Up
Bobby Brown / New Edition
Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant

Not even factoring in the Euro Invasion.
Need You Tonight INXS
Don't You Want Me - Human League
West End Girls - West End Boys
Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club (IDGAF, Boy George could sing his ass off, Culture Club and Wham where huge)

Very underrated Jam - Your Love - Outfield

80's was loaded with classic jams and bands that where one hit wonders (Kajagoogoo - Too Shy, was the shit)

We’ve been over this a million times rube. It’s grapefruit seltzer (San paligrino being the best), not juice for a Paloma. Also muddle some jalapeños in there
Im making my own damn version and its with 100% grapefruit juice not 16% and other natural flavors. My version is called a Mehicokissmyass.

Any explanation for the sections that have white brick added in no discernible pattern or reason.
The brick patterns are part of the bike lane system.

They are putting in lights now, they still have signage and landscaping to do on that section before it is final. It should he pretty nice when finished based on the design plans. It's going to make walking/biking through downtown much more enjoyable.

-picked up a copy of Stevie Wonder's "songs in the key of life" from the new arrivals bin at cd central last weekend. Didn't have the bonus 7" ep...bummer but just picked that up on ebay for 2 bucks. In for half market cost. It's the little things, gang.

^what in incredible record.
Putting out all time classic albums was all Stevie did in the 70s.

Reactions: rudd1
-Wilco is my #1 band from the 00's. A Ghost is Born FTW. One of my favorite albums of all time tbh.

-As shared, I like a Hendrick's, soda/Jack Rudy tonic syrup, lime. Also enjoy a Tito's, cranberry, soda, and lime at the turn on occasion unless someone's throwing a vodka lemonade in my face (which I have no problem accepting).

I have no desire to drink bourbon in the summer.

-New Malone's/Harry's in Louisville looks pretty dope, actually. That place will absolutely crush. Location for that concept could not be improved upon.

• I love spicy food, but dislike spicy alcoholic beverages.
  • I am all-in on Belgium for the Euro 2020. Will be making moules frites and drinking Palm Ale for the game against Italy on Friday; patio will be open.
  • Speaking of Palm Ale, I shift taste in alcohol quite frequently. Was on a two-year wine run, now it's pretty much all vodka soda, G&T, beer and the occasional Bourbon.
  • Went to Holiday World yesterday. It was 105 degrees on the pavement. Ugh. Water park was a zoo. But good to see everything being back.
  • Good to see Cosby go free. One less Black man in prison. ✊
  • Company gave us the next five days off. Client said, "not so fast".
  • That new Malone's looks fantastic. Ready to go! SAE's brother took me to Stony River on the request of his ex-wife. Her restaurant tastes always sucked.

Reactions: wcc31 and SAECATFAN
I like a Hendrick's, soda/Jack Rudy tonic syrup, lime.

I feel like I'm always chasing a "better" gin and tonic, and I get excited about different kinds of gins and tonic syrups. But I'm now fine with a classic Canada Dry tonic water with Tanqueray gin. I think if you handed out blind taste tests it would rate just as well as anything else.

I feel like I'm always chasing a "better" gin and tonic, and I get excited about different kinds of gins and tonic syrups. But I'm now fine with a classic Canada Dry tonic water with Tanqueray gin. I think if you handed out blind taste tests it would rate just as well as anything else.
Replace the Canada Dry with:
OIP.TRcF_EeKzWOiNHRgV10AqgHaHa

Had the botanist gin upon my neighbor’s insistence the other day and as someone who typically dislikes gin it was actually pretty fantastic. Completely different taste from the low end shit.

Reactions: roguemocha
I hope I never go to prison, but I'm still jealous of the feeling those have when they get out (excluding the long-term severely institutionalized cases) -- can't be many things in life that compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT