ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most white trash thing I've ever said, but I'm not above "Rollin'" every now and again. I also love Korn with all my millennial heart. Nu-metal got a bad rap.

There was plenty of godawful fluff released in the 80s...just like there was in every other decade and like there will be every other decade in the future. That's Sturgeon's Law, and it's pretty unassailable. But if you can't recognize the top notch releases by The Police, Van Halen (and I've come around, I'll include 5150 and Van Hagar), Pat Metheny/Group, Pete Townshend, Donald Fagen, Steely Dan, The Cure, Whitney Houston, MICHAEL F'N JACKSON, Prince, and Metallica...among a great many others...in the 1980s as a helluva lineup, man, I got nathan for you. And if you say you don't jam to Motley Crue, you're wrong and also lying. Nine Inch Nails released Pretty Hate Machine in 1989, too, which is fighting with The Downward Spiral for Trent Reznor's strongest work.

The 2000s and 2010s had plenty of excellent work, and if you can't find something from those eras you're into, you're not looking very hard. For my money that was the peak of the metal/hardcore scene, but I know that's not the main consideration for most folks.

in conclusion ggp

-I really don't get not wanting to leave your kids a little nest egg when your time on GYERO is done. The hope is always that your kids have more opportunities and a better life than you did. Leaving assets behind for my kids to enjoy or to help them later in life is something I'm planning for now even though they are 7 & 9, but hopefully we get to enjoy many years together before the pan kicks into action.

-If you have have any assets at all, get a trust, but at the very least get a will. It's amazing how bad things can get between even the closest family when a death occurs with the last living patriarch of a family, but little estate planning or discussions with the children about their wishes are had. The reality, everyone is going to die. Have those morbid conversations so your family can remain a family after you pass, and not hating each other the rest of their lives over a few bucks they feel cheated out of.

-A chick thats a 5, but has a british accent can move up to a 6.5 or maybe a 7 if her teeth are decent, just by the accent. Love that British accent, but that Southern Belle accent (not redneck, backwoods) gets me every time.

-Irish accent..... Not for me. Especially when they are around other Irish folks. When one on one I can totally understand them, but when in a pack, it transforms into something else that only semi sounds like a form of the english language.

-How can any top 90s performer list not have Dave Matthews Band on it?

-Finally played solid, complete round of golf yesterday. While not constant, a hell of alot better than where I started this season. Doc, when we playing your club? Or do you want to travel to Versailles to play our goat ranch track? Anyone else want to take a half day and hit the little white ball?

-Business trips starting to book up 3rd and 4th quarter. #Prayers4MyLiver #WhosGotTheCorporateCard? #CanIGetANonItemizedReceipt?

Claiming that Prince made his best music in the 90's should disqualify one from any decade-related music conversation. ALL of Prince's most critically acclaimed albums and most commercially successful albums were released in the 80s (Sign o the Times, Purple Rain, 1999, Dirty Mind, etc.).
You are absolutely correct. To claim otherwise is typical UKO.

I mean, besides all of the artists already mentioned, Van Halen, The Boss, The Cars, Huey Lewis and the News, Madonna, Duran Duran, Genesis/Phil Collins, Bon Jovi, hell... the whole hair metal genre... the 80's absolutely produced great music.

Music in the 80s was also central to the culture in a way that it has not been in this century. There are too many other things to occupy popular and youth culture these days. My kids are more enamored with Youtube celebrities than pop stars. Back in the 80s, Michael Jackson, Bruce, Prince, Madonna, etc. were the biggest celebrities in the world.

Also remarkable is that the 80's were, I believe, UKO's young adult years. Just imagine him walking around in jean shorts back then, never getting laid, zero friends, being the general loser d-bag he is still today but also while complaining about the historically great quality of music.

So it's confirmed that the guy has sucked this much for <at least> 5 decades.

Also remarkable is that the 80's were, I believe, UKO's young adult years. Just imagine him walking around in jean shorts back then, never getting laid, zero friends, being the general loser d-bag he is still today but also while complaining about the historically great quality of music.

So it's confirmed that the guy has sucked this much for <at least> 5 decades.
The best thing he had going for him was JDrum letting him hang around and have a few of his leftovers.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Or do you want to travel to Versailles to play our goat ranch track? Anyone else want to take a half day and hit the little white ball?
Friday AM?

Woodford Club (aka Woodford Hills aka Moss Hill) is a nice course, IMO. The fairways and especially the greens are in tremendous shape currently. Decent layout, too.

I mean, not everything is Kearney but it's definitely not Lakeside or Picadome.

The early 2000s had some good stuff but two stand out to me. Radioheads Kid A and The Mars Voltas De-Loused in the Comatorium. Mastodon also came out with Leviathan which is arguably one of the best metal albums in the past two decades.

-tool has 2 great albums in the 00s.

-qotsa has 3 great ones and one that grows on you(era vulgaris).

-radiohead has 2 great and 2 solid ones.

-the strokes had 3 very good records in that time period.

^thats the "name brand" bands off the top of my head...countless other indie records. I'm sure there was great stuff coming out in genres I don't follow/enjoy.

-80's is the heyday of the college rock scene. U2, rem, inxs...as well as pixies/husker DU/replacements and countless other very influential acts. In short Uko is wrong, as always.

-there is great music from every era. The compulsion to rank *everything* is really ****ing dumb...my antihatboggin, if you will.

Last edited:
Any of you clowns live in Midway?

I'm going to be shooting a couple of commercials down there later this month.

Horse farms, the University, Equine Center, country roads, cute downtown... anything else in the area we should try to get permission to film?
A sammich at Wallace Station for lunch and try to catch a train coming through downtown.

Hybrid Theory came out during fall of my Senior year of high school, peak nostalgia period, and I can still probably sing the first 7 or 8 songs on the album and even I would never consider putting Linkin Park on any type of similar list.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
Any of you clowns live in Midway?

I'm going to be shooting a couple of commercials down there later this month.

Horse farms, the University, Equine Center, country roads, cute downtown... anything else in the area we should try to get permission to film?

Weisenberger Mill
https://www.weisenberger.com/

Winstar Farm, Lanes End, & Stonestreet are some of the most beautiful farms in Woodford. We've shot several of our own tv commercials there, but have also done some manufactures videos there as well.

Pisgah Pike where the Castle and Winstar Farm are at is one of the prettiest stretches of road in the state. Pisgah Presbyterian is an almost 250 year old church that's also on that stretch.

-For some reason everytime I hear this classic 80s banger, I think of Anth.

SCRIPT IDEA: A beautiful girl follows this constantly coughing asshole around the country as they run thousands of miles thru mud, up hills and around in never-ending circles. Each finish line they cross, she hopes he is going to propose to her but it never happens. Finally, at the end of the Midway, KY 100-Miler sponsored by Woodford Reserve she throws her running shoes at him and hops in the passenger seat of a brand new supersonic red 2021 Camry XSE with a midnight black roof and rear spoiler.

The driver's window goes down and we see the most mesmerizing blue eyes below a perfectly shaved dome. The girl grabs him by his dazzling white tie and they make out for a few seconds. The driver looks at the disgustingly dirty runner, smiles and shrugs, then drives away with the girl down an incredibly scenic road along the Kentucky River.

We focus on the Camry's dual exhaust with quad chrome tips before cutting back to the coughing runner who is now walking hand in hand with a large farm girl in a cowboy hat to get a sandwich at Wallace Station. His smile is huge as he says, "Camry. Be bold."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT