ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- It’s cliche but give me Bath & Body Works for candles. Great selection. Wait for a sale. Their autumnal collection is unmatched in the industry.

- Arguing who’s richass neighborhood is best is peak GYERO. Anyway, come to the East Row sometime. Then we’ll chat. We keep it real here … real close to an iconic metropolis.

Canadiens in the Cup Finals for the first time in 28 years.

Not full capacity inside (cuz Covid), but outside…

Well, not if Matt Jones tells people Andy is going to do it.

That guy is fn weird. I guarantee you Andy literally has no clue what a zero turn is, he's not just playing a role.

• Haha
Reactions: HUBER
I guess I don’t get it. Why is there such a smug downward looking at govt for not wanting to legalize gambol?

Do you really have such a hard time finding a place to place bets?

I get the tax dollars from it, but F the govt! I don’t want them anymore involved than they have to be because that’s just more money they’ll waste.

No shit. Making it illegal is the definition of the government getting involved.

I just wish there could be an executive order that would eventually force the GA to have to actually vote it out and put their names on a public opinion on the matter.
It would be the GOP members from deep East and far West portions of the state. Bible thumpers that would ban dancing in public if they could.

What's more government involved than making it illegal?

Licensing, License fees, taxes, wasting of taxes etc etc

I’ve bet with the same book since I was 17, and even ran a book in college. It’s never crossed my mind that it should be legal fir any reason than tax dollars that I don’t trust my local, state or federal govt to manage to benefit anyone but themselves.

So your argument is that legalized sports gambling will kill the under-the-table bookie industry? I think there will still be bookies.

• Haha
Reactions: pretzel__logic
No, it’s just that I’m not, nor is anyone I know, so put out by it being illegal that the demand is even really there for any reason other than taxation.

The other concern for licensing that I see is that only a select few will get “approved” for the license and that’s where the corruption starts.

Right now there isn’t a bet I can’t place, and whether it’s legal or not that doesn’t change. No reason to give the govt a dime as their too stupid to manage the money they currently have.

It would be the GOP members from deep East and far West portions of the state. Bible thumpers that would ban dancing in public if they could.
No doubt. But, I hope they would be the minority of all legislators even if they would make up a small majority of the GOP.

Until those hypocritical assholes attempt to outlaw gambling on horse racing, they need to kindly shut the f up.

Reactions: 80 Proof
- @wcc31 is on point about Bath and Body Works for candles. They run sales all the time too. For all your candle collection needs, that's your spot. "Sweater Weather" is the GOAT scent (flavor? smell? what's the right word?)

- I'm still on my 9/11 deep dive and I heard a great podcast the History Channel put out last year called Blindspot. Can't recommend it enough, it does a fantastic job explaining the run up to 9/11 and the terrorism incidents preceding it. They discuss an Egyptian immigrant, Emad Salem, who became an FBI informant and infiltrated a NYC terror cell, helped get the 1993 bombers convicted, and helped thwart another mass terror plot (the "Landmarks" plot). He must have absolutely massive huevos. If that's not patriotism, I don't know what is. The way his life kind of imploded afterwards while he was in witness protection is also fascinating. Dudes like that should be recognized for what they did and I'm kind of mad I'd never heard of him before.

- Perfect Soldiers by Terry McDermott is both excellent and terrifying. Understanding how people who were, really, pretty damn ordinary, become radicalized to the point they are willing to kill is one of these lessons we need to revisit so that we don't do that doomed-to-repeat-it thing.

- Halfway through The Only Plane in the Sky by Garrett Graff and uh, I'm going to need to put it aside in advance of flying next Friday. Hearing from the people who were in the midst of it all puts my heart in my throat even now.

- What a weird contrast is it reading about 9/11 Guiliani and reading about 2021 Guiliani getting indefinitely suspended from practicing law.

- Myrtle Beach with the other hoi polloi of the East Coast next Friday for a full ten days. Can. Not. Wait. Somehow, I've pulled off not asking anyone for permission to go on vacation and just sticking it on the work calendar. I have about 11 books loaded up and I'm going to come back with enough sun damage to make up for the last three years devoid of beach time.

- Looking around at places to stay for a 9/11 weekend trip to NYC this fall. I grew up on the East Coast but I've never been, and I'm really excited to finally see it for myself. Must-go-to food recs welcomed. Everything is so damn expensive I don't know how people actually live there, but it'll be fun to go be a tourist. And humbling to go visit panel S-68 at the Memorial to see the name I know from Flight 93. We're on Long Island part of the trip (for powerlifting, lol) but plan to be Manhattan for the remainder.

- Gambling should be legalized tomorrow and it's an absurdity that members of the GA are using Jesus as a way to stonewall tax dollars rolling in that could really help people around the Commonwealth. Same for weed legalization. Somehow I don't think Jesus is as upset about bookies or a toke as he is about the despair of folks in the most desperate parts of this state.

- Friday 5:
The Midnight - Vampires
Wale - Nike Boots
Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
Steely Dan - With a Gun
Earth Wind & Fire - Let's Groove

/long

Canadiens in the Cup Finals for the first time in 28 years.

Not full capacity inside (cuz Covid), but outside…

- That ought to keep covid at bay, hoser.

Seems as effective as the steps Tokyo is taking to quell the virus during the Games.

They started by telling the athletes, in the peak of their sexual prime and damn near immune to the virus, not to smash while mingling in the Olympic Village.

“The distribution of condoms is not for use at the athlete’s village, but to have athletes take them back to their home countries to raise awareness” of HIV and AIDS issues, said Tokyo 2020 in an emailed response to questions by Reuters.

😂😂😂

To be extry cautious they took the proven prevention step of banning alcohol sales just to be sure there wasn't a hops variant that could break out.

16 months and the theatre of the mind play goes on. Figured Booker's buddies would be smarter than that, especially after doing it right at the start of this ordeal.

AND JCPS just gave away $5k to every single teacher for what they went through during the pandemic. You mean the 1 whole year off they got while still being paid? Yep sounds rough.
Between no evictions, welfare, unemployment etc etc, the Dems are just flat out PAYING people. Not even hiding shit anymore.
When that first check comes in late September, I'll take you out to your favorite steak joint if it makes you feel better.

• Angry
Reactions: 80 Proof
"Whole year off," lol. That dude is the definition of being aggressive to hide being stupid.

So what is our measuring stick for how manly a man is these days GYERO?

A guy who knows what a zero turn is?
A guy who knows the difference between a flat head and a phillips head?
A guy who collects candles?
A guy who drives a small, sensible car over a large, black smoke producing truck?
A guy who pulls out or a guy who sprays and prays?
A guy who owns a chainsaw?

There needs to be a solid ranking scale of GYERO manliness moving forward. I ask you, what should those measuring sticks be?

Last edited:
Vern you can pick apart my misspellings 24/7/365 and count that to the list of reasons our govt tax dollars are wasted. My reading and writing ability is a flat out joke and a result of the KY school system you are apart of.

I was a straight honor roll student too. Figure that one out if you’d like.

But you can bet your last hard earned teaching dollar when it comes to money management, I crush our politicians ability to max out a budgets efficiency, and I don’t need pensions or state lottery funds to steal from.

• Haha
Reactions: Dwayne Camacho
I was just messing with ya, buddy. Someone calling someone else too stupid when preceded by a common grammatical error was noteworthy. The irony made me chuckle. Keep killing it, big dog!

Got me a box of JA Fernandez San Lotano Ovals in Connecticut wrappers yesterday 3 doors away from my office.

Hefty Bourbons and a refined cigar are the perfect combo.

about every small restaurant is out of business with heroin-addled bums everywhere, but somehow the manana-crew of 5 in a small cigar shoppe still chillin & employed throughout a pandemic. Highly impressive.

I would hasten to guess that about nothing beats the smell of a good cigar store.

cigar store smell>>>manly>>>Bath&Body Works smell

Reactions: jcrow10 and HUBER
Anth’s an interesting case study.

One part is quite metro, tailored jeans and gamos. Another part is now obsessed with the outdoors and fishing.

Loves room service but won’t send a bad steak back.

Willing to go South end, but gets bitch slapped by Mattie Candles.

Probably belongs somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.

-wouldn't hate the Habs winning, original six atkot.

-loaded a ton or so of gravel into wheelbarrows last night for a french drain at the tennis court last night... proceeded to play two sets afterwards. Not too sore today, shocked tbh.

-*love* the smell of cigars/tobacconist shop...until someone lights them and it smells like shit.

- picked up some pricey vinyl of late, gotta put a lid on that...but it's fun and we all die someday so whatevs.

-couple weekends away from a finished basement studio. Pumped.

Like I always say, f’ing teachers man. Can blame them sumbitches for everything, really.
90% of the teachers I know are good hard working people who despise the charade that the teachers union is. Then you have the Chris Kolbs and Bristol cats of the world who are just abysmal human beings who care ZERO about educating children and more about politics.
Not fair to lump all teachers in with these idiots, but until you get rid of them, probably going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT