ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suns actually really missed Cameron Payne. Amazing a guy like that keeps the energy up.

Would expect Kwahi to now make it back to make a run.

Good bet on the +4, something told me it was too easy to take the clips on that game line +1, and I didn’t know Paul was coming back.

Book playing through a broken nose, makes me wonder if Mr All NBA King Lebron would do that. Doubt it.

Book playing through a broken nose, makes me wonder if Mr All NBA King Lebron would do that. Doubt it.

LeBron James has played in 266 playoff games. Games missed: 0. That's the most playoff games of all time and by far the most consecutive playoff games of all time without missing a start (#2 of all time is John Stockton, who is over 80 games behind James, you know, a full NBA season's worth of playoff games).

In those games he's averaged over 41 minutes with 29 points, 9 boards, and over 7 assists per game.

I think he would've figured out a way to tough it out.

* Are there a lot Romanians in Louisville? I don't think I've ever met one. Seems like the women would be either absolute smokeshows or dogs with little in-between.

* The Suns / Clippers series looks like it will probably go to Game 7. How hilarious will it it be if Atlanta manages to win the title? I mean, that squad looks like a pack of scrubs but somehow they keep winning. Marcus Welby, I guess. I wonder what the odds of a Phoenix v. Atlanta finals would have been at the beginning of the season.

* The Miami condo collapse terrifies me. It would actually scare me less if it was terrorism or an attack of some sort. There is something about a 40 year old building just randomly falling from the sky that gives me the heeby-jeebies.

* How has a Britney Spears sex tape not been released? She's so crazy that she's had a legal guardian since 2008 and lost custody to Kevin effing Federline. She is still in the news talking about her IUD so I assume there's at least one lucky bastard out there knocking the bottom out of it.

* Thanks to the Paddock and GYERO I routinely check Chris Kolb's twitter just to see if he's posted anything lately that is hilariously cringe-worthy. While this demonstrates my emotional immaturity, I can't help it. He's the living embodiment of everything I can't stand. It is like God made some chubby lesbian-looking half-man for my ire and angst to focus on.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who self-identifies as a "community leader" is an absolute asshole.

Bernie and I were at a street party together last night and were discussing this before it came up on here. We're clearly correct. But seriously, how do you know somebody's from Anchorage? You'll know cause they'll f'ing tell you.

People like the houses close together. That's part of the charm. It's a community. If you want to make fun of us though, talk shit about people driving around on golf carts. This neighborhood is flat as a pancake. Get a damn bike. @BernieSadori has an excuse as he lives on the Northern edge, but I'm no more than 500 yards away from the restaurants and bars. I don't need a golf cart for that.

Romanian's wife is hot and used to wear a thong bathing suit to her kid's swim lessons at the Y. Consider me a fan.

Are the Clips a super team? I would assume losing Kawhi would seriously dampen beating the Suns, but they should be up 2-1 at this point.

Last edited:
Anchorage is a natural neighborhood in a heavily wooded area that’s been around for over 100 years filled with country like estates, large, tall oak trees and older homes that wreak of charm and character.

There are no sidewalks. There aren’t any street lights.
Yeah, and people who live there never shut the f up about it and hashtag #anchorage on every thing. And you know the biggest offender of this.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
Ok. And yes, I know who you are referencing.

It’s a neat place. I grew up there and have awesome memories from my childhood but don’t have any desire to move back because I like being in town.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Yes, Wayne. Of all the teams currently in a 2-1 hole in their respective finals series who finished with the 3rd-best record in their conference, the Clippers are definitely the best Super Team out there.

Pretty sure I know who Wayne is referencing about Anchorage

Now I feel bad. Social media approach be damned, that woman has been through hell. But boy does she love some Anchorage!

And yeah Rich, if you offered me straight up to live in Anchorage over where I live now, I'd probably vote Anchorage. My uncle lived on or next to Log Cabin Lane on a HUGE lot (but a very small house). I told him every month for years that when he was ready to sell to let me know. Sure enough, one day his house was on the market and sold the day after. Thanks unc!

Reactions: 80 Proof
Yes, Wayne. Of all the teams currently in a 2-1 hole in their respective finals series who finished with the 3rd-best record in their conference, the Clippers are definitely the best Super Team out there.
Well PTI, I was being sarcastic. I would just assume that without Kawhi (who is like the 5th best player in the league) they wouldn't be competitive with a fully healthy Suns team. Paul George is good, but not that good.

Bernie and I were at a street party together last night and were discussing this before it came up on here. We're clearly correct. But seriously, how do you know somebody's from Anchorage? You'll know cause they'll f'ing tell you.

People like the houses close together. That's part of the charm. It's a community. If you want to make fun of us though, talk shit about people driving around on golf carts. This neighborhood is flat as a pancake. Get a damn bike. @BernieSadori has an excuse as he lives on the Northern edge, but I'm no more than 500 yards away from the restaurants and bars. I don't need a golf cart for that.

Romanian's wife is hot and used to wear a thong bathing suit to her kid's swim lessons at the Y. Consider me a fan.

Are the Clips a super team? I would assume losing Kawhi would seriously dampen beating the Suns, but they should be up 2-1 at this point.
Bernie's neighborhood is really nice. Yours is weird af.

Now I feel bad. Social media approach be damned, that woman has been through hell. But boy does she love some Anchorage!
She was a formal date of mine one year in college. Great person, so is her husband. The Anchorage pimping is pretty overt though.

Norton Commons reminds me of The Truman Show.

We have a ton of family who live in the neighborhood, and our kids' school is 400 yards away. Do I wish I had a bigger yard? Yes. Are there are other things such as street parties, the bars/restaurants, the amphitheater, the commons areas, the pools that make up for that? For the most part.

I heard they LOVE historical horse racing but HATE sports betting in Anchorage

Considering the local club and restaurant bar each have their own bookie taking action on thoroughbred horse racing and any sport imaginable I’d say the folks I know out there enjoy both.

But, hey, this poor ass state doesn’t need the income tax benefits from sports gambling. Who needs a first class sports book inside Churchill when you can spend an afternoon at Red Mile chain smoking cigarettes and pulling slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT