ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-As a kid it was kind of cool finding out that the likes of Rudy T, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley etc were former players that became coaches.

Now seeing guys like Billups, JKidd, Ty Lue, Monty Williams that I grew up watching become coaches is interesting to see how it works out.

- Man dementia scares the living shit out of me. Some of the things my step dad does that everyone else is scared to talk to him about his thought process as to what or why he is doing things is just plain scary to listen to the “logic”.

- Vern, I’m not a pussy. You never need to explain why you are clowning me. I can handle it.

Teachers man, shew! Scared to hurt some feelings but don’t mind snapping your Achilles if your in their way.

- spent about 500 on fireworks tonight. As long as the other 4 families that enjoyed them last year provide some, it should be a fun Saturday night next week.

- The Bucks, F you! Couldn’t do this in game 1 to make a statement?

Last edited:
- I would love to know how many thousands of dollars I’ve contributed to various bullshit church/non-profit/charity split-the-pots over the years. And never won shit.

- Speaking of non-profit stuff, one of the best things of the pandemic was the cancellation of all the various weeknight awards dinners/annual banquets/jerkoff sessions. Those things are fine every now and then, but when you’re getting pulled to one every other week, it’s a drain. Also, people suck.

- In an effort to behave this weekend, I opted for beer over bourbon at the booze store this afternoon. Which was a mistake, because I’ve had like 8 (?) various imperial double IPA’s since 5:30 or so. Have a buzz, I guess, but also feel disgusting. The 3500 pizza calories aren’t helping.

- How about these commercials asking you to sell your house or car because they’re worth so much more right now! Great plan, assholes. Good luck on the replacement! I’ve actually floated the idea to my wife of just moving to my parents’ cabin on a small lake 50 minutes from here. My dad would just give it to me, as my sister does nothing to contribute to upkeep or maintenance, so no “estate” concerns. But my wife soundly struck the idea down. I think it’s a great idea though - I could cash out my current place for a shit ton of cash, and then go live on the cheap in Pendleton County. And do meth. Live simply, simply live.

- My rising third grader is going to have this uber hot 24 year old teacher come August. She was new last year, fresh out of college. She hasn’t taken down her naughty college Instagram pics yet either. The other dads I have spoken with are also already aware of this fact.

- I’m going to be at an all day settlement conference at the federal courthouse in Lexington next Thursday. Good lunch spot to take the client? I know Lexington well, but also haven’t really “been” there since before the pandemic, so not sure what’s still in existence. That deli across the street was always my go-to, hope it’s still there.

- Speaking of courts, there is no justice in the Kentucky state court system, at least on the civil side. What a laughing stock joke. Any of you good barristers in Kenton County, please run for circuit judge next time around (looking at you, Maxx).

- Did you all see that stat where condom use amongst sexually active college students is under 15%? That’s cool, I guess. Much better feel and all. But I guess these kids just aren’t worried about the AIDS. I remember when I was in college, as recently (lol) as 2000-2004, aids was still, at least ostensibly, a pretty big concern. Now everyone just be raw dawgin. Over Christmas I was talking to my wife’s cousin, who at the time was a senior frat guy at Alabama, and he said the standard procedure is to not only not wear rubbers, but to just bust that nut inside, no questions asked. Different times. He also showed me some candid photos of some of his “dates.” Lord Almighty - you should have seen these.

- The brief conversation about generations the other day caught my attention, as that conversation always does. Like many others on here, I am on that “cusp” between X and the Millenials. My birthday is late 1981, so all the “charts” peg me as a millennial. But I relate so much better to Gen X. My best friends (outside of dear HS/college friends) are all 5-10 years older than me. I am just on their wavelength so much better. I had no internet as a kid. I didn’t text until third year of college. I have never had a Facebook account. I don’t like people, generally. So sign me up with the X’ers. Those are my people.

- Oh well, whatever, nevermind.

Last edited:
So apparently the numbers on a toaster aren’t the level of heat or toastiness or whatever the hell but is actually a minute timer? My whole life I’ve been living without knowing this? I feel as clueless as I did when I realized the autocorrect to ducking was to the verb for crouching down and not my iPhone being a dipshit changing the cuss word to a make believe word about ducks.

I’m not drinking pedialyte as if it’s vitacoco or Gatorade, eff off Abbott

The NBA playoffs remind me every year how absolutely GD awful it is to determine a basketball championship with a single game elimination. Just a horribly inaccurate way to determine the truly best team.

Sorry for the multi-posts, but I forgot something of possible interest. Also I’m a little more drunk because I decided to get “over the hump” and I started binge drinking these imperial IPA’s, but I digress.

I think I may have posted this previously (I don’t well remember many posts), but my wife’s grandmother, who was this grand old southern lady, died last year, and we literally (not figuratively, Century) inherited a bunch of nice stuff, all of which arrived in a semi truck in February.

One of the items was this sofa that her ancestors’ slaves buried in the ground right before Sherman burned their plantation. It’s a good conversation piece, and a well built piece of furniture. It looks good in our formal room.

I told one of my douchebag work friends (ie one of my best friends) about this, who happens to be very “progressive”, so of course he busts my balls about it. However, at lunch today, which happened to be an all-hands-on-deck firm lunch, which included two young Black female associates, he referenced my “slave couch”, during the course of a conversation where he was busting my balls over my lack of interior design capabilities (my office is pretty sad). Awkward silences ensued. The young female Black associates were not impressed by my having a slave couch.

In any event, that was a long and semi-shitty story, so my apologies, but I will admit that two young Black women looking at you with an incredulous eye after someone mentions your “slave couch” is an uncomfortable position to be in. I’m not going to worry about it really, though. They’re associates. They just need to bill their hours.

(I typed this from my slave couch.)

Last edited:
Wynn, debating eating ass tonight but ironically baffled at the idea of college kids not using condoms.

Personally I’ve always hated condoms!

Krazy, you might not kiss her on the lips, my friend. Which I can respect - germs and such. But no reason you can’t eat that ass. She’ll go wild. But save it for the morning, my man. That’s your time. No reason to upset the applecart.

Reactions: drxman1
Took in some Kentuckinatti Reds action with the offspring tonight. GABP is a great place to take kids for a game.Actually the whole ballpark / river area is a great place for them.

has there ever been a period in time where all or any of the bridges aren’t under some sort of construction? The walk across was nice though kids enjoyed it.

was some sort of taco festival on the good (Ky) side of the river. Grabbed a fruity drink for the way over.

Castellanos and winker are some studs. India played a good game tonight.
Suarez went deep but damn has he put out some ugly at bats this year with a couple more added on to that tonight. .175 entering the game.

Fernando Tatis Jr has three home runs in four innings so far

^ These are the stories I would actually like to really hear.

My junior year in college, we lived in this go to hell house built around the turn of the century. It was rugged, but it had good bones. Spent many a random weekday nights tripping my balls off by myself and wandering around wondering about the history, etc. Had a hell of a gravity bong rig in the kitchen sink. (Edit for those interested in such things - it involved the sawed off bottom of a red Mongo wiffle ball bat.)

My current house was built in 1903, and I’d like to do the same.

^ These are the stories I would actually like to really hear.

My junior year in college, we lived in this go to hell house built around the turn of the century. It was rugged, but it had good bones. Spent many a random weekday nights tripping my balls off by myself and wandering around wondering about the history, etc. Had a hell of a gravity bong rig in the kitchen sink. (Edit for those interested in such things - it involved the sawed off bottom of a red Mongo wiffle ball bat.)

My current house was built in 1903, and I’d like to do the same.

Ok, here goes....

Lived on the corner of 3rd & Broadway, downtown Lexington. Dropped some “Double Window Pane” liquid tabs with one of my roommates. Any way, just about the time it kicked in “Stone Cold” Willow shows up because he is friends with one of my other roommates. He starts going on about dressing up like a big yellow chicken, with white gloves,for 98.3fm and all I can see is a big ass chicken standing in front of me. So....

I take off and I walk around the block. Somewhere along 2nd and Jefferson this old dude and his wife ask me how to get back to UK’s campus. I asked him “from right here” to which he responded “yes, from right here.”

To this day I’m not sure how I responded because the look on his face was about as strange as my mental capacity

I’m also fairly certain that I’ve posted about the night, on acid, that I drove around NC RD, doing 8 mph, on my way to pick up my gf (at the time) at Cowboy’s

Senior year in HS we ditched the chicks we hung out with when an older buddy in college had some acid. Chilled at his house until it kicked in to make sure we could handle it and we had a designated driver as long as we kept him high(pot) all night.

Walk out of said buddies house tripping our ass off and our drivers car is egged, TP’d, and mustard written ACIDHEAD all over.

First trip was to the car wash where we were told if we drank OJ it would intensify everything! Of course we did that.

Buy the car wash ticket and pull up to let the auto wash take over. One of the trippers swears he feels water leaking thru our buddies convertible top. Then he starts freaking out as he is getting soaked.......the driver dying laughing can’t even talk he is laughing so hard.

Then we all start freaking out as we’re getting soaked. WTF, and then the driver starts screaming STOP, STOP it as clear as he can with tears in his eyes from laughing.

Car wash over, and as it turns out we are covered in OJ because our dumbass buddy was waving his open bottle everywhere!

Head back to my house to grab a change of clothes, plus my house was the safe house everyone always stayed at since my mom preferred us to be alive and there than who knows where, and who knows how f’d up.

As we’re all changing and rolling blunts my parents come downstairs to let us know my GF had been calling all night and thinks there is something we should tell my parents!

Um, no nothing out of the ordinary. Few beers and a little smoke mom, but they just pissed we wanted to chill without them this night.

My mom walks up and stares me dead in the eyes, all my buddies can’t even help themselves from busting out laughing from the awkwardness of my mom trying to be serious as she says “I don’t know what you little shits are on or up to but if you leave I’ll call the cops myself, good night”.

Time to smoke! Wigged out the rest of the night over everything.

Even had to stop one of the idiots from trying to shave his whole body as he was grossed out from his own hair.

Pretty fun night I’ll never forget, ever. We were still up when my parents got up the next morning. It was too clear something was up and my moms plan to call the GF and invite her over only led to me sending my buddies home, a BJ and sleep.

So what is our measuring stick for how manly a man is these days GYERO?

A guy who knows what a zero turn is?
A guy who knows the difference between a flat head and a phillips head?
A guy who collects candles?
A guy who drives a small, sensible car over a large, black smoke producing truck?
A guy who pulls out or a guy who sprays and prays?
A guy who owns a chainsaw?

There needs to be a solid ranking scale of GYERO manliness moving forward. I ask you, what should those measuring sticks be?
This needs to be discussed. Where does everyone rank. I’m guessing at least half of GYERO comes up short, and the other half won’t admit it. But one thing is certain: Matt Jones is at the bottom.

Some solid carnage today. Awesome stage. Plus, sign lady living her best life.

E40JENbVgAMIsUx

Reactions: roguemocha
  • There was a rumor going around UK my junior year that a random study showed that about 25% of UK students were HIV positive. We were discussing it at the frat house - several of us were kind of concerned - and then SAE's dad walked in, asked what we were discussing, laughed and said something like, "Yeah fellas, the University of Kentucky has a higher HIV rate than sub-Sahara Africa. If that were true every news channel would be here reporting on it." Set a young Wayne Dougan's mind at ease. And I'm a hypochondriac to the nth degree.
  • All that said, after the post about condom usage I'm sending my girls to BYU. I can deal with the Mormons. They're not as bad as people think.
  • Braves beat the Reds; thoroughly enjoyable stadium experience; nice job Cincinnati. Ended up parking in Kentucky and walking over the bridge. The gals enjoyed that. What’s cheaper though? Two brats and two large beers at Great American or a filet and glass of wine at Ruby’s? It’s closer than you think.
  • Always wondered about moms who want their kids to get wasted at their house as opposed to being 'somewhere else'. I understand the arguments for doing it, but it seems like you're opening the door for a big liability issue and, as Krazy pointed out, your kids are still going to trip acid and go drive around.
  • I need to buy a new car... is it just stupid to buy one right now? Is it going to get better?
  • Florida at UK the year we beat LSU. You could not find a ticket for that game. Zero available at game time. We ended up paying a dude who was scanning tickets $20 to let us in. And he made like $800 very quickly with that approach.

Last edited:
You people drank beer and had sex?!!!

I'm sending my little princes to live in a chauvinist society where her sister wives can provide support as she tries to ascend to wearing magic underwear with their husband.

Reactions: roguemocha
You people drank beer and had sex?!!!

I'm sending my little princes to live in a chauvinist society where her sister wives can provide support as she tries to ascend to wearing magic underwear with their husband.
It was a joke f*** face.

[*]Always wondered about moms who want their kids to get wasted at their house as opposed to being 'somewhere else'. I understand the arguments for doing it, but it seems like you're opening the door for a big liability issue and, as Krazy pointed out, your kids are still going to trip acid and go drive around.

We had a driver, we were always smart enough to take turns sacrificing weekends.

But I will add if you’ve never seen tracers going down the highway at 80-90 MPH trippin mushrooms or acid it’s a scene quite like in the movies when they show the world moving at 1000MPH.

Pretty cool!

Reactions: WayneDougan
*80puss. Lolz.

Late in the response because I died a little Thursday.

*I too thought my neighborhood could be cultish or like the Truman show. Our thought was we'd give it a year, if we don't like it, we could easily sell our house. Not worried about being close to one another because I grew up like this on 27th and Portland Ave.

*As of now, I can't see myself leaving. I've met some great friends. Ironically enough, most aren't even native born Americans. A Romanian, a Bulgarian, and Iranian are who I booze with the most. Went to 'Board and You' last night with 16 others from my street. Met an Indian couple that seem to be great people. Neither drink soooo...I'll play this one by ear.

My path to NC:
Portland
Valley Station
PRP
Valley Station,, again
NC - Fancy Portland

*Thanks for the cover, Wayne, but I bought a golf cart because fkuc walking. I'm lazy. Not denying it. Plus, the wind in my ever thinning hair feels fantastic.

*Working my ass off today in the back yard while the wife is at a brunch hen party at LeMoo. Drag queens and all. It's bullshit. I moved here to NOT have to do this.

*Power wash patio and outdoor living space...or whatever it's called.
Dig up dying 7 foot spiral bush
Dig up 6 bushes under wind screen
Plant 6 flowers where shitty bushes were
Removing a large patch of grass so we can put rubberulch down..

*Going to need a fee tall frosties tonight, fellas.

Krazy, you might not kiss her on the lips, my friend. Which I can respect - germs and such. But no reason you can’t eat that ass. She’ll go wild. But save it for the morning, my man. That’s your time. No reason to upset the applecart.

Hey Wynn, just an FYI, she may also like me going down while on her period too, and I know she loves when I get her a new wardrobe.

Of the 3, I can tell you for a 100% fact the wardrobe is the only thing I see in her future!

• Wow
Reactions: WynnDuffy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT