ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bats game tonight in the company suite. Taking a buddy of mine that is an attorney & closes most of my deals, another friend in the insurance game, and my wife’s bro in law that just moved here from Chicago with my wife’s twin sister. Dude just moved to a sharp house in St Matthews near Holy Trinity. They used to live right near the Loop in Chicago. They’ve been here for 4 weeks now, he has a 9 month old and he’s working from home. I think he’s giddy to get out.

Game starts at 7:00 but pregame frosties & wings will be had at Against The Grain. All on the company dime of course.

Hoping to hang in the suite for a few innings and then bust loose to the outfield area. What used to be just a concession stand serving beer in the outfield patio is now this nice looking Miller Lite covered patio bar overlooking centerfield. I always enjoy Slugger Field for a minor league park. Enjoy some frosties, eat a ball park dog and hear some cracks of the bat.

Not a bad little Thursday.

Bats game tonight in the company suite. Taking a buddy of mine that is an attorney & closes most of my deals, another friend in the insurance game, and my wife’s bro in law that just moved here from Chicago with my wife’s twin sister. Dude just moved to a sharp house in St Matthews near Holy Trinity. They used to live right near the Loop in Chicago. They’ve been here for 4 weeks now, he has a 9 month old and he’s working from home. I think he’s giddy to get out.

Game starts at 7:00 but pregame frosties & wings will be had at Against The Grain. All on the company dime of course.

Hoping to hang in the suite for a few innings and then bust loose to the outfield area. What used to be just a concession stand serving beer in the outfield patio is now this nice looking Miller Lite covered patio bar overlooking centerfield. I always enjoy Slugger Field for a minor league park. Enjoy some frosties, eat a ball park dog and hear some cracks of the bat.

As the dad of an almost 2 year old that is hell on wheels and having a pregnant wife of 34 wks, I would kill to get out for an evening like this. Hell, I’d kill just for me and the wife to get out like this! Enjoy!

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
AND JCPS just gave away $5k to every single teacher for what they went through during the pandemic. You mean the 1 whole year off they got while still being paid? Yep sounds rough.
Between no evictions, welfare, unemployment etc etc, the Dems are just flat out PAYING people. Not even hiding shit anymore.
Pinko Kolb still masked up at Tuesday's meeting and whining because the mandates were lifted.

Everyone: Hitting up the Bats game this evening, company suite & Dime. Nice lil Thursday on tap! 🍻

Richie:

The man can paint a picture like nobody else I’ve ever met.

As the dad of an almost 2 year old that is hell on wheels and having a pregnant wife of 34 wks, I would kill to get out for an evening like this. Hell, I’d kill just for me and the wife to get out like this! Enjoy!

Lass last night: What time do you need to be down there tomorrow?

***I pause to think as everything stops in slow motion. I look at my dog, Rupp, who is happy as a clam with his tongue out and sitting near the AC vent.***

Me: 6:15. And we may grab some drinks afterwards while waiting on an Uber.

Lass: Ok.

**does imaginary cartwheels through the living room***

I mean, I may or may not have seen an X-ray of somebody who “misplaced” a screwdriver in their rectum recently…

Not saying it was or wasn’t Matt.

PSA: Don’t stick screwdrivers in your butt. It doesn’t end well.
Shewee, saved by the bell Doc. Guess I do t have plans tonight after all.

And there’s no way Matt doesn’t know about Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, Ace…

* I'm old enough to remember when we were going to give China the middle finger and move ALL manufacturing jobs back to the good ole U.S.ofA. Turns out there's a billion Chinamen living in squalor who can build stuff way better for pennies on the dollar. Embrace it.

* Everyone has done a rendition of Please Come to Boston, but David Allen Coe's take is the best.

* When you plug in an HDMI cable, there's technically a 50/50 shot you put it in the right way. So how is it I guess wrong 95% of the time, and sometimes gotta flip it over twice? Weird.

* Got to.

* Dow is up 11% since 1/6/2021. It ain't the end all, be all, but at least my $$ is growing.

* Wait, who is Chris Kolb again?

-wcc

* In the past 48 hours, how many times has drxman.....

- used the term "tig ole bitties?"
- held his hands in front of his chest in a cupping fashion, palm inwards, and mentioned that a female has "arthritis"
- told a girl that women can't touch their elbows together behind their back, then dared them to prove him wrong

Gonna go with the over.

* What are the best neighborhood bars in Louisville these days? You know, the dimly lit ones with the cheap prices, neon signs, friendly staff, regular crowd, and an overall perfect place to hide out from the family?

If Richie were just a couple decades older, he'd be holed up in one of those joints and his wife would be calling the bar phone once a week to track him down.

* <-- has seen a zero-turn mower. #mansgame

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
@Booker Noe Pushup bet is over. Think I was around 115-120 days before I quit. Part of it was because it sucked and was hard, the other part was because the only reason my BIL quit was that he got diagnosed with cancer. Kind of felt like slapping him in the face by continuing on with the group bet. I'm doubtful I could've even made it the full year, which isn't too surprising.

*On a related note, in 2019 I lost 47 pounds and did at least 30 minutes of exercise every single day of the year. Big accomplishment for me, but now it is slowly drifting away. I've gained 15 back, and feel like shit compared to when I was being active. In an effort to hold myself accountable, get more sleep, and generally be healthier, I purchased a Whoop band. Interested to see if it's awesome, or if I've been duped into something useless for 12 months. Goal is ultimately to get down to 167, which will put me at 50 pounds lost total since the initial start. It'll be difficult, but I've gotta do it. I can't grow old as a Fat. The Fats just don't live that long, and I'm very ugly as a fat person.

*Not healthy is the Blackstone I just got. So far, I've done thai chicken quesadillas, bacon, pancakes, eggs, and smashburgers. All fantastic so far. I'm really not sure I'll ever use my Weber grill again.

*I've mentioned it before, but my BIL has had an up and down ride with his Hodgkins Lymphoma diagnosis. Originally he was in Owensboro, and they were going to immediately start him on heavy Chemo. He went to Evansville to a guy who is affiliated with MD Anderson. In the initial consult, Doc said he has the "good" version of Hodgkins, and it is super slow-growing, so put chemo out of your mind. Then he had a PET scan, and they called him in and said "just kidding" we are starting chemo after you get back from Flordia in July, and by the way, you can't play golf with the port in. So, that blows. Prognosis is still great, but not being able to play golf was a real punch in the balls for him. I don't think he even cares that much about dealing with chemo, but is pretty pissed he can only "chip and putt".

*With that said, his parents surprised him on Father's Day with 2 tee times at Sawgrass while we are down there next month. I'm the inadvertent beneficiary of a really nice gift, and cannot f*cking wait to get my shit kicked in by that course. A bucket list kind of course for me, and I didn't really ever think I'd play there.

*Fat

*Fit

*Fat

Just listened to the first hour of KSR on my drive home, as I usually do. Matt Jones is the least manly man of any man I’ve ever encountered, and also ranks the lowest on the common sense meter, of any 45-year old educated person I’ve ever encountered. It has to be an act, but I don’t think it is.

Just listened to the first hour of KSR on my drive home, as I usually do. Matt Jones is the least manly man of any man I’ve ever encountered, and also ranks the lowest on the common sense meter, of any 45-year old educated person I’ve ever encountered. It has to be an act, but I don’t think it is.
To spout shit like this about somebody that you know reads the thread is whack. Calling somebody a toot fruit in a round about way says more about you.

OMG HE’S SO DUM and SOFT!!?! So dumb I listened for an hour……..GGP, loser.

It’s definitely hilarious but have always heard SLC is stacked with smoke.

Only time I was out there was Sundance time and it was quite incredible.

of course, most of those girls didn’t live there

Been to Sundance, was over 20 years ago. Nice place, crushed a bunch of big browns in the upper provo river.

Had some experience with jack mormom girls in Arizona. Pretty, pretty good.

Reactions: wcc31
*Not healthy is the Blackstone I just got. So far, I've done thai chicken quesadillas, bacon, pancakes, eggs, and smashburgers. All fantastic so far. I'm really not sure I'll ever use my Weber grill again.

Other than steaks and pork chops I don’t imagine that I will either. So far my favorites have been smash burgers, calzones & full breakfast. Chicken stir fry up there. My better half says that I look like a short order cook on crack while griddling on mine.

To spout shit like this about somebody that you know reads the thread is whack. Calling somebody a toot fruit in a round about way says more about you.

OMG HE’S SO DUM and SOFT!!?! So dumb I listened for an hour……..GGP, loser.
Can you not read? Seriously. I’ve been around here a lot longer than you have. I have a ton of respect for you, but I’m not an MJ kiss ass. I understand why you want to be though. It’s all good.

Reactions: Stoneule
Suns have been -1 all day. Surely everyone was pounding the Clips for the first game at home down 0-2 all day but the line hasn’t moved at all.

Guess I’m rolling with the Suns.

Last edited:
I don’t really know anything about Louisville, actually, other than what I infer from real life friends and you all on here. Nothing against it, just never have really had a reason to go there for anything other than a random court hearing or a convention or something.

But today I went to a restaurant in anchorage for a client lunch. Nice 5 hour black hole in my week, but hopefully worth it. In any event, the area around this restaurant, it was called the Village Anchor, was very nice. Reminded me of Buckhead or southern East Cobb outside Atlanta. Is Anchorage nice? Does anybody on here live there?

And then I drove my senior partner’s high performance Benz home while he drank a six pack of true pilsners he picked up in Crestwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT