ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine with the debacle that was this past season and not having a tourney in 2020 I’m craving good times again so I went down a Kentucky basketball YouTube rabbit hole this morning.

Watched this again. I can’t believe we’re coming up on 10 years. So many thoughts. Look who they beat on the way to number 8. Took care of 3 of our top 5 rivals and 3 of the top 6 programs of all time. It’s a shame Duke bowed out early or they would’ve been handled as well.

This team was like an elite European sports car that had an extra gear as the stakes got higher or when challenged. “They can blow you out in seconds.”

Shorts:

- Helluva post, BRax. Summer didn’t get much better- baseball, running through the woods, playing in the creek, ice cream, playing Ghost in the Graveyard at night, wiffleball, watergun fights, etc., etc.

- Am always at a loss when we’re about to head somewhere and the wife asks me, “is it cold out?” I mean, you were wearing a jean jacket when it was 80 out two nights ago so I don’t know. I just give her the exact temperature and leave it at that.

- Speaking of crazy wife shit, will be married three years tomorrow. Time flies and whatnot.

- My wife’s favorite part about me? I don’t dress up when we go out so she doesn’t have to. Perfect match.

- RE: COVID Defeated- back to the office for 3 days a week starting next week. Will be an adjustment but probably a good thing.

- Still can’t believe three teams (counting Atlanta) passed on the 18 year old MVP of the EuroLeague, and now Luka is well on his way to being an all-timer.

- So what will Herro do this offseason? Date an even fatter-assed Instagram model? Rock dreds? Launch his own cologne? Even more pithy pseudo-inspirational Instagram posts? I just hope he becomes a more consistent basketball player and less of a dbag.

- Mentioned before but there is no athlete I hate more these days than Kyrie Irving. Just a dumb person, a Dookie and embodies the most annoying aspects of his generation.

- If you were to open a restaurant, what would be your unique dish(es)? Two of mine:

* a burger including a waffle fry topping
* cottage ham sandwich

- So what will Herro do this offseason? Date an even fatter-assed Instagram model? Rock dreds? Launch his own cologne? Even more pithy pseudo-inspirational Instagram posts? I just hope he becomes a more consistent basketball player and less of a dbag.
I know he is a UK guy but if he played for anyone else we would hate him.

-He's a 20 year old millionaire in Miami. I'm sure you all would've handled it better. He does need to tighten it up. I'm guessing he does or Jummy Butler will kill him.

-Got G listening to "Schools Out" which I feel is a pretty solid win.

-Went over to do make up pictures for TBall because I missed the first session and was told by an unreliable source they could photoshop me in. Show up as the lady is packing up, still in my work clothes not my Blue Jays gear, and ask her if she can indeed take my picture and photoshop me into the group picture. At that point I realize how weird the situation is by the look on her face. Old dude, at a park, asking to have his picture added to a Tball picture, only us two around, and I'm in khakis and a polo. We then have awkward 2 minute conversation where she offers to take my picture but can't photoshop it in. It's blatantly obvious we both want out. So I politely decline her offer to, "just take my picture" and awkwardly scurry across the park hoping she's not reporting me to the authorities as a creep in the park.

-Oil change last week and noticed a nice puddle of oil on the garage floor this morning. 🤬

-Work, ride, crispy boys, pool, grill out, use the new patio furniture. All American Memorial Day.

-Ordered some American Flag bunting for the Chinese Railing on the front of the house. Tried to last season but it was sold out. Assume supporting America is still "ok" and won't leave us canceled.

-I'm extremely envious of the little dudes. Yesterday after their last day of school production, G's little crew was just going haywire, wrestling, fighting, running wild, and having a blast. Left there and went to ice cream, played some switch, played catch, woke up today and off to grandmas with a couple sports camps in the next few weeks. I mean, those are the days. BRax, nailed it. Congrats on the game ball.

-Tiring on Yacht Rock, making an all in switch on good old Classic Rock for the summer. No looking back.

Last edited:
- Rax is right about this generation of young MLB stars being the coolest crop in a long time, but don't leave out Jose Ramirez. Only 28, was the MVP runner-up last season, and is a joy to watch. He's been overshadowed by Lindor and the fact that the Indians are meh this year, but he's my favorite player in baseball.

- I need to see about three more solid seasons out of him before thinking he could be a legit replacement for Cal, but I really like Mark Pope's trajectory as a head coach. Had to completely overhaul his team at BYU this year after losing a ton of talent, and still won 20 games and pushed UCLA in the tournament a bit. Players seem to love him, they play loose and shoot it, he knows how to work the portal, and he's got a personality big enough to handle the job. Again, he still has a ways to go, but I like what I see from him.

- Just can't stay awake past halftime anymore for these Western Conference NBA playoff games. Gonna quit trying and just impose a 10:00 p.m. lights out until the Finals. #old

- Getting some hiking shoes for our upcoming trip out west. Doesn't need to be anything special, since this trip will be about as intense as my hiking career gets. Got my eyes on Merrell Moabs, so if anyone has experience with those, feel free to say so.

- I sincerely do not understand these HS kids in Kentucky reclassifying for recruiting reasons. I get it if they were primarily virtual and their grades suffered, but repeating another year of HS just to get better offers? Every HS kid in Kentucky got to play a season this year, regardless of the sport. I'll be curious to see whether any of them legitimately come away with better choices than they would have had otherwise. I just know that at the end of my SR year of HS, I was ready to get on with things.

- Most overrated dessert menu item....tiramisu.

Last edited:
- I sincerely do not understand these HS kids in Kentucky reclassifying for recruiting reasons. I get it if they were primarily virtual and their grades suffered, but repeating another year of HS just to get better offers? Every HS kid in Kentucky got to play a season this year, regardless of the sport. I'll be curious to see whether any of them legitimately come away with better choices than they would have had otherwise. I just know that at the end of my SR year of HS, I was ready to get on with things.
My daughter was talking about a kid at her school who was talking about staying back as a senior and it wasn't something as silly as sports no it was that his girlfriend was a junior and he wanted to stay back and graduate with her. Now that is priorities. 🙄

Luka should have definitely gone 1st overall, but at least the Suns and Hawks came away with very good players in Ayton and Young respectively. The team that it really has to hurt is the Kings, who took Marvin Bagley. That's the same franchise who took Jimmer Fredette in the lottery when the next pick was Klay Thompson. They also took Thomas Robinson when the next pick was Dame Lillard.

*correction-Milwaukee selected Fredette over Thompson, then a trade was made.

Last edited:
My daughter was talking about a kid at her school who was talking about staying back as a senior and it wasn't something as silly as sports no it was that his girlfriend was a junior and he wanted to stay back and graduate with her. Now that is priorities. 🙄
The wisdom of such a decision obviously depends on what she looks like.

Reactions: HUBER
-Was exciting to see a product I've been helping a manufacture develop for the past few years come to fruition yesterday. Even more excited to have clients see the prototype and be Giddy as Knocta for a 2022 release. Definitely felt like I had an "adult" moment yesterday and was sort of proud where I am at professionally at this point in my career, something I don't really focus on or have thought about much. Probably good for all of us to occasionally take a global look at ourselves and all that we have accomplished and give ourselves an Atta a Boy in appreciation to our journey and what we've accomplished.

-First round of golf for the year tomorrow morning with Todd MF Harris. Already know it's going to be ugly as I haven't touched my clubs in probably 7 months. What are you doing Dr Boat?

-Watched the video of Brooks giving Bryson the rolleye last night on Youtube, and then somehow a suggested video was Brooks farting on TV during a tournament. That lead to about a 45 minute binge of late night youtube giggling in bed next to my sleeping wife, watching PGA golfers fart on TV. Didn't even know that was a thing.

Watched the two "U" of Miami 30 for 30 episodes last night. I've seen the first one several times, but the second one was equally as good. Had no idea that NFL Tight End , white guy with great white boy hair Greg Olsen was part of one of the most illicit rap songs ever produced in the city of Miami. And that's saying alot with all the 2 Live Crew jams.

-As much as I dislike all things Rex Chapman, his interview with Pitino was pretty good. He likeable when he's not being a left wing, Twitter Troll Super Douche.

-4 Day Weekend FTW.

Last edited:

I dated a girl one year younger than me from Soph through Senior years in high school. As soon as I arrived on UK's campus and learned what a sorority girl was, our relationship was OVA. That guy is one dumb MFer.

Last edited:
Reactions: august-west
-Was exciting to see a product I've been helping a manufacture develop for the past few years come to fruition yesterday. Even more excited to have clients see the prototype and be Giddy as Knocta for a 2022 release. Definitely felt like I had an "adult" moment yesterday and was sort of proud where I am at professionally at this point in my career, something I don't really focus on or have thought about much. Probably good for all of us to occasionally take a global look at ourselves and all that we have accomplished and give ourselves an Atta a Boy is appreciation to our journey and what we've accomplished.
A beer coozie with big boobs whose nipples get hard when the beer is cold?

Last edited:
-llama, go to j&h and try them on. Nothing worse than poor fitting shoes. Wear them around the house/errands for a bit...don't want to discover problems on the trail.

-creme brulee and tiramisu are fine...never order them as there is always something more appealing.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
I'm on my 3rd pair of Merrell Moab vents, great shoes. Been wearing them every day for over a decade, and I'm pretty rough on shoes.
Just don't go low tops with Moabs. Wore a pair of those last week on my hike out West and they left the 2 largest blisters I've ever seen on my heel. The seem to ride low. Went to an outdoor store out there and the dude put me in some trail running shoes. Which, unless you plan on getting really aggressive or working outdoors a bunch like Hove, are a better choice. You'll be able to use them at home, especially as a runner. I ended up with some Altra, not the drops, and they worked amazing on a 10 mile 2500' elevation hike with plenty of loose rocks and decent inclines. Those suckers are crazy comfy and no break in time required.

Last edited:
Reactions: rudd1
HILARIOUS, Willy.
Thanks, Geese.

That was for my ol' pal Huber who we used to call Boober because of his obsession with breasts. But glad you were able to read it! Maybe I'll make a joke about how much Cal sucks or how poor kids' dads didn't pay for them to go to Transy basketball camps when they were little kids so you can get a little chuckle later.

I know the reality of the world says that one and dones (and none and dones) will continue, but Herro isn't mature enough to be in the NBA. And I know there are dudes who could go to college for 10 years and still not be mature to be in the NBA. But I feel they should push for forcing another year in college / g-league.

I’m a big Johnston and Murphy guy now - but I do have a pair of Cole Hanns that are dressy up top and white/athletic on bottom that I’m a fan of

Tiramisu is absolutely wonderful. Creme brûlée is not enough for me, feels like half a dessert.

Going with the family to Wrightsville beach for Memorial Day, will be the kiddos first flight together. I’m rather nervous about how strict the flight attendant is going to be with my 2 year old son, I’ve seen some horrible YouTube videos so fingers crossed I don’t go viral.

That said BRax’s post got me deep thinking for a minute (things you thought you’d never say) and I gotta disagree on that being the happiest he’ll ever be. It is absolutely up there but even this long trip has me giddy and excited to see the kids on the plane and get away from work. Seeing the kids start to get excited with things takes me back and has me just as excited to see them experience it. And I’m already daydreaming about my boys trip to lex in July. Enjoy the rich tapestry of life everyone! #deepthoughts

iu

He was driving the chicks wild, man.

I have the moab vent lowtops and have had no issues with blisters.

Probably best to do what rudd suggested and try them on to make sure you dont have odd feet like Anth.

I have the moab vent lowtops and have had no issues with blisters.

Probably best to do what rudd suggested and try them on to make sure you dont have odd feet like Anth.
I do agree with Rudd but my feet were fine and the shoes had plenty of wear. They just felt odd. Should've known better the first day and just wore my Nikes.

I actually just left the pieces of shit on the back deck at the VRBO.

Maybe I'm an overprotective Dad but if I heard some weirdo was repeating his senior year to be with my daughter, I would be putting an end to that relationship with a quickness. You are on the cusp of the best times of your lives (18-24) and I'm not gonna have some teenage stalker/control freak pulling that on her.

Maybe I'm an overprotective Dad but if I heard some weirdo was repeating his senior year to be with my daughter, I would be putting an end to that relationship with a quickness. You are on the cusp of the best times of your lives (18-24) and I'm not gonna have some teenage stalker/control freak pulling that on her.
I have a buddy who's son was picking his college over where his girlfriend was going. He (my buddy) went full court press to talk him out of that. My point is, the parents need to step in.

I just can’t get over how weird I would feel walking into HS by myself and all of my other friends were off in college and here I am grinding for that Georgetown College scholly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT