ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every decade brought something new. 80's brought new wave, alternative and hair bands, which was just developing in 70's. 90's evolved into the Seattle sound, country and rap which was developing from the 70's and 80's. It's all good.

Hard to top a ride down a curvy backroad with Marchbox or Hootie blasting out of the speakers. Mix in a little Lenny, Alanis, and savage garden and you’ve got yourself a ****ing day

8th grade Wayne D thought that Cypress Hill was objectively better than the Beatles. I have nostalgia for that time. But "Let's Play House" and whatever that crap Richie posted? Get serious man.

Ridiculous. Daz & Kurupt are both goats. Dogg Food is a quintessential 90s West Coast Hip Hop album, and Daz produced 50%+ of the classics everyone attributes to Dre

Off top:

Dre
Snoop
Pac
Big
Puff
Mase
Outkast
Warren
Cube
Eazy
Twista
Do or Die
Bone
Jay
Goodie Mob
Luda
Fab
Roots
De La Soul
Nas
No Limit
Cash Money
Wu Tang
Redman
Scarface
Gang Star
Nelly
Mos Def
Ja
Nappy Roots
Jermaine Dupri/SoSoDef
Tribe
Pun/Joe
Lil Jon
Short
Neptunes
Quik
Eightball & MJG
Lost Boys
DMX
Camp Lo
Digital Underground
Mobb Deep
Three Six Mafia
UGK

Aside from those guys (and the many I inevitably left out), 90s rap doesn’t hold up for shit.

🤡

Last edited:
90's rap/r&b
80's pop/new wave
60's/70's rock

I have a special place in my heart for 80's pop since I mostly experienced it in the car when my mom would have the radio on going anywhere. Hell I didn't even know the names of most bands until I was older but I sure as hell knew all the tunes.

5 favorite pre-rock style songs:

Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin
Moon River - Andy Williams
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
Fly Me To the Moon - Sinatra
Ain't That a Kick in the Head - Dean Martin

Shout out to guys still buying bright white air monarchs and new balances the level of DONT care what you think is admirable actually

I’ve never owned white gym shoes, and I do hope that I never do, but I am a huge dork. So the only athletic shoes I’ve purchased in 20 years, other than for yawging/speed walking, are the classic gray New Balances. Look like an old, washed up frat guy, but I guess that’s what I am, so whatever. They’re great shoes.

Ridiculous. Daz & Kurupt are both goats. Dogg Food is a quintessential 90s West Coast Hip Hop album, and Daz produced 50%+ of the classics everyone attributes to Dre

Off top:

Dre
Snoop
Pac
Big
Puff
Mase
Outkast
Warren
Cube
Eazy
Twista
Do or Die
Bone
Jay
Goodie Mob
Luda
Fab
Roots
De La Soul
Nas
No Limit
Cash Money
Wu Tang
Redman
Scarface
Gang Star
Nelly
Mos Def
Ja
Nappy Roots
Jermaine Dupri/SoSoDef
Tribe
Pun/Joe
Lil Jon
Short
Neptunes
Quik
Eightball & MJG
Lost Boys
DMX
Camp Lo
Digital Underground
Mobb Deep
Three Six Mafia
UGK

Aside from those guys (and the many I inevitably left out), 90s rap doesn’t hold up for shit.

🤡
Crucial Conflict

#Hay

Limited, but dope. Had a few.

But go listen to that Camp Lo album (Uptown Saturday Night) in full + their follow ups. Unique group that never really got the attention after Luchini Bc they were so unique & “musical” for hip hop at that time.

Basically a rap/soul/funk fusion group. Worship.

🔥🔥🔥

That shit sounds futuristic compared to this trash today 😓

Last edited:
I'm still trying to find it. I plugged in my fire stick and roku dongle, upgraded the software, reset the tv, paid for an ESPN+ subscription, typed in espn.com/activate, entered verification code, selected YTTV as provider, finally got to stream coverage. Easy peasy.

I used to be 80% Rap & Food in here wayyy back in the day.

For last 5 years, or even 10, that’s been mostly absent from my posts, unless it’s a travel recap (food)

Think I may go back to my roots for awhile, especially knowing how bad it irritates some.

I just have so much expertise to offer in both genres that it’s purely selfish to keep it to myself imo.

...And Richie, it’s not ketchup on the Emmy Burger, which i agree is 🔥. Good grief.

-What’s your address, Wayne?

Last edited:
When UGK is at the bottom of a list, regardless if its ranked or random, you have a hell of a list!

Outstanding!

- Get the feeling Memphis comes to play tonight and grabs that 8 seed. I know it means guaranteed loss in round 1, but I also believe they match up well with Utah.

- Burgers, Brats and dogs on the grill tonight. Chips, BBQ baked beans and bud light orange.

- Have a barrel pick lined up tomorrow with a “rockstar” in the bourbon Facebook groups from Alabama. Not a state we are currently expanding to so the hype will be great.

- Our toasted bourbon barrel came through on the chocolate stout, and now we have a Colombian oak barrel they want to use with a vanilla type stout beer.

Last edited:
Reactions: B.B.d.K.
There is nothing comfortable about Air Monarchs. Only good for walking around in the rain. My gray New Balances are like walking on pillows.

Big Air Zoom 35-37 guy. Buy a new pair every 4 months. Good for about 450 miles. New Balance is for dorks.

Saturday Randos:

- Heading up near Loveland today for Strawberry Days...I’ve never picked strawberries myself, but *R my 1 year old boy loves them. Also Bloom & Berries has some great cinnamon apple butter.

- Speaking of *R, he was in the 99th Percentile in height last check up. Can’t wait to start playing catch in a few years.

- The VA as a whole sucks for healthcare and is confusing as hell at times, but they try with a broken system...apparently my last case worker didn’t submit any of my disability claims, but the new one seems okay.

- I can’t wait for my first sold-out sports experience for a game. You can’t replicate the electricity in the air, optimistic pre-game murmurs from fans, and just general mood before a game. Looking forward to taking down both Florida and LSU in classics at home this year.

- Had a small beach vacation down in St Augustine for 5 days which was nice. Next is a family vacation at Tybee Island in July. Renting a golf cart for the lass’s grandmother and I promised to be her driver.

- Really disappointed in the Bat Cats, Mitch won’t move on from bible thumping Mingione for a while.

- Over/Under on Wandale receiving yards this year 875? If we hit that over I guarantee 8 wins.

- Don’t watch the new movie on Netflix about zombies and robbing Vegas.

I used to be 80% Rap & Food in here wayyy back in the day.

For last 5 years, or even 10, that’s been mostly absent from my posts, unless it’s a travel recap (food)

Think I may go back to my roots for awhile, especially knowing how bad it irritates some.

I just have so much expertise to offer in both genres that it’s purely selfish to keep it to myself imo.

...And Richie, it’s not ketchup on the Emmy Burger, which i agree is 🔥. Good grief.

-What’s your address, Wayne?

I have no time for their special sauce. Thousand island on a burger? #SICKFACE
I politely ask for the burger without and to replace it with ketchup.

• Love
Reactions: PTI (pti)
-Something about Thousand Island grosses me out too. It resembles orange cottage cheese. I think I could stomach a thin layer of it but I hate when restaurants put huge globs of sauce on a burger.

Wayne, how many miles are you usually running in a month? I’m going for 100 in May (that would be my most in a month) but my left hip and knee are a little sore.

Top 5 90s Popular Rap Songs
Gin & Juice - Snoop Dogg
Nuthin But a G Thang - Dr Dre
Juicy - Biggie
It Was A Good Day - Ice Cube
California Love - 2 Pac

My Top 5 90s Rap Songs
Ambitions Az A Ridah - 2 Pac
2 Of Americas Most Wanted - 2 Pac
Scenario - Tribe Called Quest
Ain't No Fun - Snoop Dogg
Hypnotize - Biggie

90s Rap rap brings back so many memories. How anyone can talk shit or disregard the greatest era of rap is just silly.

Trying to just pick a few favorites is incredibly difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT