ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Having the option to WFH or go to the office, whenever, is without question, the best of all worlds for a white collar shill. For many industries, I can see why it's less appealing and could lead to productivity dips, but when everything we do is on Google Drive anyway...marcus. Cutting the commute makes a pretty incredible difference.

Optional WFH is especially clutch on a day like today where I've spent the last 36 hours getting my ass whipped by Pfizer round two. I didn't have body aches and fever this bad when I had actual covid. Feel like rancid dumpster water.

- Shoutout to sportscasters for normalizing wearing business wear up top and gym shorts out of camera frame. Personal apologies to Richie since I am sure he hates this.

- Wynn's possum has migrated to my 'hood. The cat was pointing at the window like a bird dog, tail switching back and forth. Look out in the side yard, and the Big Daddy of all possums is out there grinning at me. MF looked about twice the size of the cat, and she's fat. I hope he sticks around to eat all the cicadas I just dug out of the garden.

- I know cicadas are harmless and they're just dumb and loud and horny, and they do good things for the environment, but I don't enjoy being forced into witnessing their bug orgy one bit.

- Six weeks out from my first beach vacation since 2018 (and first actual vacation since 2019). Why we do this, etc. Can't wait to blind the whole beach with my daywalker skin. Leggo.

FYI, while we're discussing the elderly, we don't just do crisis planning (in a nursing home or will be within a very short period of time). If you're a senior and otherwise decently healthy we can protect every single thing you own. You can have 20 million dollars in cash in the bank, and if you do the proactive planning with us, you can get on Medicaid immediately if you make it 5 years before you have to go into a nursing home. Lots of other benefits as well, the plan protects your assets from creditors, your heirs' creditors, you get a step-up in basis on your home/stocks, etc...upon your passing. So your heirs don't have to pay capital gains taxes if your folks bought their home for 30 grand sixty years ago and now it's worth 300K.

Well worth the money to do it, and I expect it will become very commonplace as the boomers get older and older.

P.P.S. I'm of-counsel with a guy who does high net-worth estate planning. He has clients who have assets in the hundreds of millions of dollars, so if you banker types have high rolling clients, you need to make sure they are all set up correctly, and if not, send them my way. Just this week we're helping someone save several million dollars in potential estate taxes.

FYI, while we're discussing the elderly, we don't just do crisis planning (in a nursing home or will be within a very short period of time). If you're a senior and otherwise decently healthy we can protect every single thing you own. You can have 20 million dollars in cash in the bank, and if you do the proactive planning with us, you can get on Medicaid immediately if you make it 5 years before you have to go into a nursing home. Lots of other benefits as well, the plan protects your assets from creditors, your heirs' creditors, you get a step-up in basis on your home/stocks, etc...upon your passing. So your heirs don't have to pay capital gains taxes if your folks bought their home for 30 grand sixty years ago and now it's worth 300K.

Well worth the money to do it, and I expect it will become very commonplace as the boomers get older and older.

P.P.S. I'm of-counsel with a guy who does high net-worth estate planning. He has clients who have assets in the hundreds of millions of dollars, so if you banker types have high rolling clients, you need to make sure they are all set up correctly, and if not, send them my way. Just this week we're helping someone save several million dollars in potential estate taxes.
That's future Wayne's problem. Pass.

That being said, it's a great deal for all. It's just insane how expensive those are...my Deedaddy was lucky enough to have a dope LTC policy which allowed him to be in the WKY Veterans center, which is by all accounts, elite. According to my grandmother, they purchased that VERY reluctantly due to an aggressive salesman back in the day, and thankfully they did - b/c once his dementia reached a certain point, she simply could not care for him on her own. Otherwise, it would have drained a big chunk of his estate with the quickness, and really left her in a bad spot for the remainder of her life.

Dead serious, any idea what the product is? Any chance you could find out?

After seeing what has happened with my parents, that certainly is something to consider

Welp, during the bank processing period for a construction loan someone has offered cash on the property we had our sights set on.

Probably held onto their Bitcoin from 6 years ago, IMO.

Thanks PTI, idiot!

Rule #1. Control the property.
False.

842608.jpg

You would think with all the problems Peleton has had in the last couple of years they’d refrain from using the words slay and crush in their commercials.

Good for you man. These kids need to KNOW that ‘Lil (whoever) isn’t actually Rap. It’s a National outrage. Not Carter, of course.

SAE sent me a meme video of some 35-40 year old Dad playing Pac “Hail Mary” to his kids on the way to school and they were so irritated & disappointed.

That’s just sad.

Today was the first time I have smelled both summertime and liberty in the air in ... years? Feels like it.

Got home and caught the mole who has been terrorizing my emerald turf hot in the act - active subsurface mound visibly being dug. Dispatched him with a swift vertical thrust of a spade. Sleep gently, mole prince.

Then drove my oldest out to Pendery fields for some big time knothole action. Had a giant yeti that held three ice cold Miller lites. Some other like minded dads and one cool mom did the same. Great baseball night - sunny, hot, late evening light filtered through the trees. Barges and power boats on the river.

Won a big 1-0 pitchers dual and held on to first place in the league. My son was a maniac at his favorite position of catcher. Picked off some bitch boi at first who was busy looking at the passing train and not my son’s rocket arm.

Then went to Barleycorn’s up the hill where I ate wings and drank draft Sam Adam’s summer whatever while he put all my cash into the skee ball machine.

Got home and lo and behold - an icy cold bottle of Hendrick’s was found in my freezer - per the Clown’s recommendation.

Summer is here, folks. Liberty is flowing all around. Drink some ice cold beer, throw a baseball, turn up the music, hug a loved one, run over a drifter with your giant family hauler SUV, and donate to your favorite charity. Peace to all. I’m not going to work tomorrow.

Good grief. Please Never post again.

If you think early/mid 90s Dre/DeathRow/DPG sucks you’re either a racist, loser, or very likely both.

There is simply no other conclusion to be drawn.
If you think that particular song is worth a shit you have no taste in music.

Nate Dogg = Great
Snoop (at least Doggystyle) = an All-Timer
Warren G = Awesome
Those Dogg Pound hangers on = Shit

Today was the first time I have smelled both summertime and liberty in the air in ... years? Feels like it.

Got home and caught the mole who has been terrorizing my emerald turf hot in the act - active subsurface mound visibly being dug. Dispatched him with a swift vertical thrust of a spade. Sleep gently, mole prince.

Then drove my oldest out to Pendery fields for some big time knothole action. Had a giant yeti that held three ice cold Miller lites. Some other like minded dads and one cool mom did the same. Great baseball night - sunny, hot, late evening light filtered through the trees. Barges and power boats on the river.

Won a big 1-0 pitchers dual and held on to first place in the league. My son was a maniac at his favorite position of catcher. Picked off some bitch boi at first who was busy looking at the passing train and not my son’s rocket arm.

Then went to Barleycorn’s up the hill where I ate wings and drank draft Sam Adam’s summer whatever while he put all my cash into the skee ball machine.

Got home and lo and behold - an icy cold bottle of Hendrick’s was found in my freezer - per the Clown’s recommendation.

Summer is here, folks. Liberty is flowing all around. Drink some ice cold beer, throw a baseball, turn up the music, hug a loved one, run over a drifter with your giant family hauler SUV, and donate to your favorite charity. Peace to all. I’m not going to work tomorrow.

Very impressed with the patio work from Barleycorns in the past year or two. Good place to catch a ballgame and the deep-fried chicken club is a Top 5-10 sandwich in the region, IMO -joining the likes of ...

Izzy’s reuben
Zips cheeseburger
Terry’s Turf Club cheeseburger
Eli’s BBQ pulled pork
Bakers Table chicken biscuit
Sandwich Block Deli (Buttermilk Pike) chicken salad
Mt. Adams Bar & Grill turkey burger

-eric b and rakim, public enemy, beasties and NWA.

^the extent of my rap "game". Not gonna piss on other stuff that I don't know. Music like all art is subjective.

-love seeing dk bitch about the new rap...because that's what old dudes are *required* to do. "This new stuff isn't rock and roll" is a trope for a reason...and rap *is* rock and roll. Regardless of instrumentation. "Rock and roll" is an attitude/perspective.

Emmy Squared in NuLu Market has a smash burger that is straight fire. American cheese, onions, ketchup on a pretzel bun coupled with some West 6th cervezas. Shewee.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
- I like MIA a lot...is that a rap? Had 'paper planes' as a ringtone for a while...kids were mortified.

^re ringtone chicanery: had karma chameleon for a while. That's almost a perfect pop song. I took joy in the confusion that set in when my phone rang during a project meeting in a dirty trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT