ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- I like MIA a lot...is that a rap? Had 'paper planes' as a ringtone for a while...kids were mortified.

^re ringtone chicanery: had karma chameleon for a while. That's almost a perfect pop song. I took joy in the confusion that set in when my phone rang during a project meeting in a dirty trailer.

Karma Chameleon is NOT the perfect pop song because it never says anything at all about the club or summertime or new love, and featues neither a sax solo nor a rap interlude.

-Turkey burger at a restaurant. Good f*cking grief.

Sure, if you're eating lunch at home, or trying to clean it up a bit but come one. In no instance is there a version of turkey burger that is even in the ball park of a regular burger. The worst version of a beef burger is >>>>>>>> than the best version of a turkey burger.

Take 3 days off and report back.

-If chase was really worried about his clients estate taxes he'd vote different. Fake Ass Bitch. Estate taxes are literally double taxation.

-I feel like I'm going to keep checking Chase this summer. He's getting a little big for his chin fuzz.

-90's rap is the pinnacle. A few arguments could be made for other times/genres but it's in the conversation for best time for a genre ever.

-Still weird to have PGAC this time of year. I like it but it's weird.

-GCN taking over Giro coverage is worthy of a Chumps level rant. This shit is f*cking tragic.

-Speaking of dominating, my little dude has really come on. Back handing grounders, catching fly balls, hitting doubles/HRs on the reg. Little stud. Team is rounding into shape for a tourney run.

Getting daily reports from Dad at Kiawah. He's officially in the "Living the dream" stage of life right now. Been there a while, I suppose. Good on him.

He asked me if I wanted anything from the gift shop, to which I simply replied "Sure that'd be great" only to text me last night that I owed him $240 for all he grabbed for me. I mean I thought he was going to grab me a golf towel and a hat- and maybe pay for it himself, but here we are.

If you sit and try to pick a list of favorite songs from the 90's- you'll drive yourself insane. Can't be broken down into any list under 100 songs.

Ive been on the up at 4:30, workout at 5:30-6:15 schedule for almost 18 months now. I never really slept well anyway, so rather than toss or stare at something on Netflix for a few hours, I finally just got up one day and got started early. Will probably be the routine until there are any major life changes.

Neighbors behind us, up further on a hill changed the grade of their back yard over the winter to add in some living space back there... ever since then during a hard rain, we get raging floodwater runoff to the point where i had to put sandbags up to keep it from coming in the house. Finally got a quote to replace a french drain and add in additional drainage points to throw water away from the house... $22k. Got 3 quotes, all within $1k of each other. I mean Christ.

Close to pulling the trigger on some of the "waterproof" loafers. They are what they are. Unnecessary, yes. But a bit of an upgrade for poolside/patio time than flip flops.

F5

The Boss - James Brown
Raspberry Beret- Prince
My Church - Maren Morris
All Around You - Sturgill Simpson
The Conversation - Bocephus and Watasha

Reactions: WynnDuffy
LeBron came. Rondo came. The Big Three from the Thunder came: Durant, Westbrook, Harden. Watching AD play against guys like that was special. He was just dunking everything. And obviously nobody could guard Durant, but Anthony was the first one to try. He didn’t say, ‘I got KD,’ but he walked out and stood right next to him like, ‘I got you.’ And AD made Durant work. He still scored, because he’s one of the greatest scorers of all time, but it took three, four, five moves to score on AD — who was 18 at the time. It was just two aliens looking at each other going, “What planet is this guy from?”

Hood: Everyone knows about the block, but not many people realize the drama that happened afterward. The lockout was still going and so John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins were there, sitting across from our bench, about two rows up. We win the game and everybody goes crazy and we’re celebrating in our locker room when DeMarcus comes in and looks at AD and just starts giggling. Then he takes off running to the training room.

He comes back with athletic tape wrapped around two fingers, sticky side out, and comes right at Anthony. He says, “Hold still a minute,” and grabs him by the head and tries to wax the unibrow. AD is shielding his face and screaming, ‘No, no, no, no!’ I don’t think he was ever really going to take the brow, but he was just letting Anthony know he was in the club, he was one of those guys at Kentucky. He had Boogie’s respect, which not a lot of people have. It was kind of a coronation.

That dude really responded to a challenge. That whole team did. Remember we had special uniforms that year? The gray ones? We wore those against Tennessee, but you might’ve heard by now that Cal does not like change. So he goes, “I don’t want to wear these, but we have to,” because it was contractual. “Bring the whites, too, but don’t tell anybody.”

Game day, the players see the grays and they’re going crazy. They love them. They’re asking if we’re keeping them for the rest of the season. I say, “I’m going to break it to you bluntly: You guys aren’t even going to have these past halftime if you stink in them. You’re going to be changing into the whites for the second half and Cal’s literally going to make me burn these, like set them on fire, if this doesn’t go well.”

AD was like, “Are you serious?” Dead serious. Socks, shoes, everything, head-to-toe change if you stink in the grays. I told him, “You better leave no doubt.” So AD goes, “I got you.” And he did. (He had 18, 8 and 7 in the 25-point victory.) And we realized they responded great to having a carrot dangled. They’d go, “Hey, Bo, you think we can get the new KDs?” Yeah, I bet if we beat Mississippi State on television tonight we’ll get some new KDs by next week. Done.

Friday 5
Astronaut In The Ocean - Masked Wolf
Ride My Rocket - The Jompson Brothers
Waiting for the Thunder - Blackberry Smoke
Love You Like That - Parker McCollum
Good Lord Lorrie - Turnpike Troubadours

Lmao. I honestly don’t know a single person our age, rap fan or not, who shares this take.

I feel for your lack of associated memories & nostalgia. Sad existence.
8th grade Wayne D thought that Cypress Hill was objectively better than the Beatles. I have nostalgia for that time. But "Let's Play House" and whatever that crap Richie posted? Get serious man.

There’s some solid jazz from the 50s and early 60s, and some Johnny Cash, that I actually enjoy. Otherwise I got nuthin for it. I think with time, we have greater perspective to shake out the wheat from the chaff and realize that 95% of everything is actually crap. And with time things get taken, refined and redone in ways we might find more palatable (I’m not really a bebop jazz fan but I like how Steely Dan drew on it, for instance). This is why I kind of understand Gen Z not really getting into the same tunes I did as a Millennial other than as a joke on TikTok.

Anyway, this is all to say that to rank the 50s above the 00s and 10s is an absolutely rancidly stupid dumbass take.

I’ll take 90s over any decade tbh.

Because that’s the music I “grew up” with and listened to the most, associate with good times.

HOT TAKE: 60s/70s music gets so much love in part because a huge chunk numbers wise of our population (boomers) “grew up” with it. Same thing with “classic” Xmas music (which I dig, actually).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT