ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if I would risk my life going to Nulu for special sauce. Pretty sure downtown is still a war zone

False. I work there 5 days a week and hit up the Marketplace or Ten 20 at least one per weekend. It’s packed now every Friday and Saturday. Nothing is boarded up and it’s vibrant. Some of y’all need to get out of the burbs and see something other than chain restaurants and subdivisions.

I’m fairly certain I can be very much against Cocktail Party Greg and also make a true statement based on me spending 30 plus hours per week in a certain neighborhood.

What happened last summer is totally unacceptable but the NuLu area has bounced back. There’s not one single boarded up building, everything is open and there’s new construction and developments under-away. I speaking from a position of knowledge here not only working in the neighborhood but also having friends and clients that own businesses in the neighborhood.

I was at NuLu Marketplace last Saturday before the soccer game and the entire courtyard was slam packed. I was there yesterday for Happy Hour and the same thing.

I'm out here shitting my knickers on whistlepig watching this double OT barnburner NAS-CAR hockey game.
-Is this guy for real talking about drinking Canadian blended whiskey from New England? Shaking all the heads. I don’t even drink bourbon/whiskey anymore really but if I was, it wouldn’t be touching from Canada, I do know that.

-Hot yoga this morning about made me vomit but I made it though without embarrassing myself too much thankfully.

-Spent the week in Lantana, a place I’d never even heard of before, in a 10 million house on the inter coastal, was awesome. Girlfriend bought a 21 foot nauticstar center console, she’s a beaut, Clark.

-NBA playoffs = fire. LeBron is that guy still...as is Morant.

-Been blowing 30 for like a week here so it looks like it’s the pool and not a boat day unfortunately. Can’t lose either way though.

^someone go ahead and Tee Off on that last comment.

Reactions: 80 Proof and rudd1
Top 5 90s Popular Rap Songs
Gin & Juice - Snoop Dogg
Nuthin But a G Thang - Dr Dre
Juicy - Biggie
It Was A Good Day - Ice Cube
California Love - 2 Pac

My Top 5 90s Rap Songs
Ambitions Az A Ridah - 2 Pac
2 Of Americas Most Wanted - 2 Pac
Scenario - Tribe Called Quest
Ain't No Fun - Snoop Dogg
Hypnotize - Biggie

90s Rap rap brings back so many memories. How anyone can talk shit or disregard the greatest era of rap is just silly.

Trying to just pick a few favorites is incredibly difficult.

Tha Crossroads #1 with a bullet.

-only been to nulu once, enjoyed. Followed the Mrs. around at the shops. Probably bought handcrafted soap. Can't remember the name of the restaurant patronized...had a great brick/stone patio and the food was really solid. Pretty sure there was a number in the name.

Punch list Saturday.

because my contractor turned into the prototypical vanishing douchebag, here I am sanding, staining and poly-ing shelves, hanging hooks, installing thermostats and planing underside of doors. I am pretty near useless in my handyman skills, but saving $2500 of retainage.

should be watching my kid run 4x800 county finals... but, NJ forbids outdoor breathing apparently.

listening to my 90s jams:

new order
The cult
Cure
Talking heads

my rap catalog abruptly ends in the late 80’s. Paul’s Boutique was prolly the last CD I bought... DeLaSoul maybe.

-only been to nulu once, enjoyed. Followed the Mrs. around at the shops. Probably bought handcrafted soap. Can't remember the name of the restaurant patronized...had a great brick/stone patio and the food was really solid. Pretty sure there was a number in the name.

YOU WEREN'T MUGGED?

Reactions: wcc31
I like the area but I refuse to call it Nulu. It's East Market.

You are so WOKE Vern.

Nulu has mostly bounced back, true downtown, like around 4th st is still 50% of what it used to be. Hope that's going to change.

Traded the New Balance in for some On Airs. They feel very good.

gochujang
I can't eat salmon anymore without a gochujang marinade. Had no clue what it was a year ago, and now it's a fridge staple.

First album I ever [attempted] to buy was The Chronic from Columbia House (300 CDS for a penny!!!). Mom saw the album art when she got the mail and decided it wasn't the best selection for a 4th grader. Little did she know me and the boys had it tape recorded. The audio quality left a lot to be desired, but it was the perfect soundtrack for perfecting fatalities on Mortal Kombat II.

There is some pretty good rap out there these days but the soundcloud, lil' mumble guys tend to overshadow it in the mainstream. Guys like Killer Mike and MF Doom (rip) make me want to tear some heads off (on my vintage SNES ...of course).

I can't eat salmon anymore without a gochujang marinade. Had no clue what it was a year ago, and now it's a fridge staple.

It’s great stuff, I have a few different ones.

Gochujang & especially Laoganma Spicy chili crisp should be in everyone’s Arsenal.

-Great lil sports day & evening today. PGA, Churchill Night racing, and...

🔥

Last edited:
Nulu has bounced back because people come there and spend money, and whatever happened last year is absolutely completely irrelevant business wise.

A few people left who still don’t understand this, but they’re in the minority.

There are two different downtown Louisvilles right now...the NULU area (where our OVW office is) and the surrounding areas close to Butchertown, the stadium, etc that are actually doing quite well and are surprisingly crowded. That area has bounced back in the same way Bardstown Road, Frankfort, St Matthews, etc have.

What isn't back is the business area between 2nd street and like 7th. I don't think the problem there is the protests as much as it is the business community just hasn't returned. Its especially an issue around the Yum Center as that was the area that had improved the most and it is a shell of itself. The amount of homelessness has increased exponentially although it seems as if the city has basically ceded the areas around the bridges to be the congested areas. Driving through there is terribly sad and I am not sure what the answer truly is.

There are more people around the areas of downtown that need uplift, but still not enough. I am not sure how exactly that is going to change but if it hasn't by this fall and winter, the city will really have some issues.

Mowed the yard, planted some garden, set up the drip irrigation and got it going....

House to myself, wife and kid at a 6 yo bday party. Kicked back with a frosty Budweiser, some Jamaican parsley, got the PGAC on muted with my music playing. Rotating between the deck and the living room.

God bless America 🙂🍻🇺🇸

Did they remove the 3 blocks of homeless tent city that was literally 1 block from Nulu? Because when I stayed there March I could literally see it from the hotel room.

And it was directly a result of the riots and protests. Any other excuse is bullshit. TS.

I want it back as much as anyone but until the police are allowed to be police it ain't happening.

Yeah, I mean the small NULU corridor is “downtown” I suppose, but pretty sure that’s not what people mean when referring to the overall health of “downtown”.

Glad the new trendy upscale restaurant, brewery, boutique district is thriving, but let’s not act like that’s indicative of Downtown as a whole.

They have torn down homeless camps all over town. There was a big one hidden in the woods between Lexington Rd and I64 that was removed a year and a half ago.

There is a big one behind The Godfather on Preston and I know the city removed some around GE.

The old First Link grocery building was supposed to be turned into some kind of place for the homeless downtown but I don’t think anything has happened with that. I don’t know what the answer is for the homeless.

Confiscate the tents and kick them out to where?

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
^not sure how he is doing this but the Three Jack National angle is brilliant.

This one slayed me - especially the closing shot of him aggressively walking into the concrete abyss 😭

Like anything else, I’m sure it will run it’s course (no pun intended), but it’s gonna be awhile.

He’s a ‘golf funny’ genius. What a treasure.

My old man has always been of the opinion that all nondesirables/derelicts/criminals/etc should be sent together to a secluded island with a cache of automatic weapons and crack cocaine, to sort out their own differences.

Seems like a fairly avante garde approach, but I haven’t studied the data or the literature on the subject, so I’ll withhold opinion for now.

Anth talks like a guy who lives in a bubble and doesn’t get out much. Lemme guess — Louisville is also experiencing a housing shortage, rising lumber prices, and difficulty finding people to fill open work positions?

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT