ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laker starters shooting a smooth 7 for 33 from the floor the first half.

1-7 Bron
2-12 AD

GOOOOOO!

I know he's had 2 of his 12 seasons cut short by injury, but it seems like Steph's career point total is underwhelming for as great a shooter as he is. Lamarcus Aldridge and Dwight Howard have more career points than Steph, and DeMar DeRozan isn't far behind him.

• Haha
Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I know he's had 2 of his 12 seasons cut short by injury, but it seems like Steph's career point total is underwhelming for as great a shooter as he is. Lamarcus Aldridge and Dwight Howard have more career points than Steph, and DeMar DeRozan isn't far behind him.

I am sure that if Curry had played 420 more games and 12336 more minutes to equal that of Dwight, he would have an excellent chance at making up the 679 point difference, wouldn't ya think?

I am sure that Curry would have had a few more buckets as well were it not for Thompson and Durant sharing the ball, right?

Crazy seeing a standard TV esque coverage on ESPN+ At 7am for a major.

Where's the 3 available golfers only.
HERES A 3 Hole stream!

Kudos PGA of America

No gnashing of teeth that a major only has streaming morning coverage? Kinda disappointed.

What level of QB play could give us a shot at winning the east?

'98 Couch? Yes, but not going to happen.

Pre-Injury Maxwell Smith? Nope.

Hartline? Still doubtful, but that's a 10 win season with this roster.

Surely to God, Coen can get one of our guys to the Hartline/Joker level.

-Headed to Sweetens Cove with the boys all weekend. Wife is already salty about all the fun I'll be having. Enjoy.

- Obviously he's primarily an insurance policy and the keys will probably end up with TyTy, but man...Sahvir Wheeler is a really impressive kid. His press conference a couple of days ago was one of the most insightful ones I've ever heard from a college athlete. Always good to see a kid who's not "too cool" for this whole thing.

- Cal won't do it, but it's nice seeing these random "MTEs" come together for the upcoming basketball season. The established tournaments and showcase events are nice, but these other events are coming together more organically and will provide some nice matchups early (Kansas vs. Bama, for instance).

- Finished Cawood Ledford's book while sitting in the hospital. Nothing earth-shattering, but still impressive how a guy from such humble beginnings became one of the most highly-respected voices of all time. Not just in Kentucky, but nationally....his Final Four calls had a huge impact on a generation of broadcasters who came after him. And just did the whole thing with such class.

- Nobody has been hit harder, or will be hit harder, by the transfer portal than Tom Crean. He probably stays pretty normal during the recruiting process, but once guys get in his program and see what a psychopath he is day to day, they'll bolt. Georgia is going to be turrrrrribl.

Sahvir Wheeler is more than an insurance policy. He's a starter and potential leader/captain. He may end up being our most important player. He's the glue that brings this whole team together.

Georgia has always sucked so nothing is new on that front. Those early 80s teams were all they ever had.

* Mark Stoops hates offense, so a guy like Stephen Johnson or sophomore year Terry Wilson were perfect for that concept. Running/ball control. I don't see any of our 3 QBs being an upgrade if that's what he still wants at that position. But if we're going to start actually throwing the ball, I'm very intrigued by Gatewood and Allen. Sky's the limit of we have a QB that's a legit all-conference weapon.

* Go peep that Steph Curry is the GOAT thread, and you'll see a fool or two insisting he's a "one dimensional" player. Can't dribble. Can't pass. Just your run-of-the-mill jump shooter.

* Drinking out of a straw, by and large, makes you look queer.

* How has "queer" made a comeback? I mean it's a strongly preferred gender identity. If "knee grow" becomes acceptable again, I'm totally on board with that.

* Being out and about without a cell phone charger. This is a very nerve racking situation.

* Chipotle marcus welby open an entire separate restaurant chain just for to-go/food app orders. F'ing crazyhouse in there.

* Legalized marijuana was defeated in the Louisiana state legislature. 47 votes. Needed 70. Almost there, Republicans!!!!

* anth's boy Andrew Cuomo just landed a $5.1 million book deal. 🤣🤣

Just when I'm beginning to restore my faith in humanity, this stunt gets pulled. So there's THAT many people dying to read about his brilliant handling of the pandemic. Touch.

Upside is I know what I'm getting anth for Christmas.

* Is Ja Morant a bit of a disappointment? 19 points, 7 assists, 4 boards/game this season. He's a damn good player, but I legit thought he'd be a superstar. Really thought the Pels should have tried to trade down from Zion and take him and a haul of picks, and thought he'd be every bit as good. His athleticism and ability are off the charts. Just thought he'd be amazing as opposed to very good.

* The self serve fro-yo places have a tip jar by the register. Go pump yourself all the way.

NOT A DIME BACK (#bostonaccent)

* Gonna be a good day. No matter how badly I f*** anything up, I won't do anything nearly as stupid as claiming Sahvir Wheeler to be an "insurance policy." Glad I have that in my back pocket.

Shorts:

- I mean 19/7/4 is pretty good for a 21-yr-old.

- Sports Illustrated was awesome as a little kid if for nothing else to cut the pictures out and fasten them to your bedroom wall. I slept beneath some wonderful collages.

- Bring Collins along slowly as hopefully he turns into a stud bench big like Chris Wilcox by March.

- You’ll never see me being the “going crazy we’re #1” guy in the crowd of a ballgame. Have too damn much self awareness for that.

- The state of Tennessee has a weird pro sports scene overall. No deep roots. Bizarre mascots.

- Speaking of, I’m just disgusted by what I see of Nashville these days. Lost its charm and now ran by dbags like BBdK’s little brother.

- Why was Anthony Hopkins from Legends of the Fall coaching the Spurs last night?

- Big steak month coming up for dad - Walts Saturday and Rubys in a few weeks. *chomp*

Jackson, Brooks, & Mintz.

Who stays, who goes?

Is there space for all 3 to return?

PG - Wheeler, Washington
SG - Grady, Mintz, Allen
SF - Brooks, Frederick, Hopkins
PF - Jackson, Collins, Toppin
C - Oscar, Ware

Most complete team since 2014-15 if they all return imo.

RE: Ja Morant

In comparison Steph averaged less pts and assists per game until his 4th season in the league.

Ja was selected #2 overall so Memphis was shit, but the last 2 seasons they have been on the cusp of the playoffs, and possibly will make it this year if they beat Golden State Friday night.

That’s a helluva turnaround for the team he plays for, and it may not impress you as he isn’t averaging 30/12 in his second year where his best team mate is Dillon Brooks or Valcunic(?), but that’s pretty damn impressive!

Reactions: jayroon
There's like .0000001% chance Jackson stays, so I've basically already forgotten about him. Would be incredible to have him on next year's team, but not a chance in hell.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Sahvir Wheeler is a really impressive kid. His press conference a couple of days ago was one of the most insightful ones I've ever heard from a college athlete. Always good to see a kid who's not "too cool" for this whole thing.

He's really been something in all his interviews & pressers, for sure. He clearly understands and relishes his defined role for this team, and I think he's going to be outstanding in it.

-Bottles my mind that Memphis has an NBA team.

-Bro's bachelor party weekend is here. I need this tbh. Only rule I have is that I have to come home tonight so I can take my girl to school in the morning on her last day. Otherwise, my bag is packed for the airbnb.

-If you ever wanted to know something about ol SAE in real life, it's that this is the 2nd time I've been chosen as the Best Man by one of my four brothers. I'm proud of that.

-My Dad is participating in most of the festivities. One of the spoils of waiting to get married is that the pretenses are pretty much over with your folks when you reach your mid-30's. That and Mom not around to hear the shenanigans, I guess.

-When she had to be honest about her sons, her line was always, "I know my boys aren't angels, but..."

God rest her soul.

-Beers with limes PR:

Red Stripe
Corona
Pacifico
Modelo

F you if you've got a problem with any of em.

-Allergies have completely owned me for a week now. Miserable. Haven't worked out in 5 days. Not sleeping. I should be a treat come Sunday.

-Night Racing Saturday. Haven't been in years but have heard it's a good scene. Social media seems to support that. Turf Club if anyone's going out there.

-Have to agree with Richie's jeans moratorium come Memorial Day weekend.

-Lol at golf cart prices. K. That was a fun thought.

-Planted a new magnolia last weekend. Armando & co. cleaned up my 3 oaks and massive poplar. Big time moves, man. Things are so pretty I'm entertaining some landscape lighting, particularly for the ones in the backyard that canopy the deck. We'll see.

If more than one of those three return, someone's going to have to walk on. We certainly can't use our full allotment of scholarships.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT