ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, tonight at Total Wine an employee asked someone (actually 2 different people) about their mask, I can only assume they said CDC stuff from today. His reply was its store policy. Just the beginning...

Last edited:
The only reason stores would keep it is due to not wanting to hurt business and fear of the Twitter police. If they start getting pushback from customers and people start giving them trouble about it they will drop it in a hurry. I’m a business owner, I speak from a position of knowledge.

I truly did respect/fear/understand COVID, but it infuriates me when people like wcc (love you big guy!!!!) throw out blanket statements about the number of deaths.

I’m well aware how many people died, but also well aware what a huge percentage of them were old and obese. I am neither, and take risks accordingly.

I’ve got a psycho Southeast Christian born again cousin (six kids, believes in prophecies and stuff) who refuses to vaccinate.

He also delivers Meals on Wheels to shut ins and takes his brood to visit the elderly in the old folks home.

If you refuse to vaccinate then you truly are a dumb MF
You're the worst.

TMFS.

When it comes to pure God-given talent, who are the most gifted humans you’ve come across. My list:

Voice- Whitney Houston
Actor- DeNiro
Basketball- LeBron James, O’Neal
Pitcher- Ryan
Baseball position player- Griffey Jr.
QB- Marino
RB- Peterson
WR- Moss
Pass-rusher- Lawrence Taylor
Athlete overall- Bo Jackson
Pizza palate- Baldwin

Shaq literally couldn’t shoot outside 2 ft. Couldn’t sniff 60% from FT line either. He had no God given talent. He was just 7’1” and 330lbs. His skill was being bigger than everyone else and being able to dunk.

I'm finished wearing masks. If your store policy requires them, I'll go elsewhere.

Went to Menard’s a few weeks ago looking for an air filter for my mower. Walked in, without a mask, and was informed by the employee stationed at the door that I needed a mask and if I didn’t have one they would sell me one for .49. Nope. Left and won’t be going back. I really can’t stand that place anyway.

Shaq literally couldn’t shoot outside 2 ft. Couldn’t sniff 60% from FT line either. He had no God given talent. He was just 7’1” and 330lbs. His skill was being bigger than everyone else and being able to dunk.

I saw Shaq play twice while he at LSU. The Pitino Bombino classic and again at Vandy. That version of Shaq was a far cry from nothing but a big ass post up center. He was freaking agile as shit. Really impressive what a younger Shaq was able to do on the court.

I mean Feldhaus was built

19900215LouisianaState.jpg

Yes, which is important in basketba
I saw Shaq play twice while he at LSU. The Pitino Bombino classic and again at Vandy. That version of Shaq was a far cry from nothing but a big ass post up center. He was freaking agile as shit. Really impressive what a younger Shaq was able to do on the court.
In addition to not being able to shoot, he barely dribbled, he was a below average passer, he constantly carried himself 40+lbs over his playing weight which meant he was he usually missed 15-20 games/season. Kobe got so pissed at him he demanded a “him or me” trade. His skill was being 330lbs and agile (until he gained too much weight wasting 3-4 Lakers years) and 7’1”.

My meaning is the raw, natural tools to be successful in one’s craft.

It’s subjective, I know.

Reactions: CatsFanGG24
In addition to not being able to shoot, he barely dribbled, he was a below average passer, he constantly carried himself 40+lbs over his playing weight which meant he was he usually missed 15-20 games/season. Kobe got so pissed at him he demanded a “him or me” trade. His skill was being 330lbs and agile (until he gained too much weight wasting 3-4 Lakers years) and 7’1”.

Not sure what you missed but I was talking about Shaq at LSU, you dolt. He was a completely different player then. However, he was still a dominant force in the NBA for years, when big ass centers were a part of the game.

Nolan Ryan has the fastest pitch in history when you correct for how they measured the mph (108 vs Chapman 105.1)...and he pitched across 4 decades with success. Natural. He went 13 innings and 235 pitches in a game in ‘74, threw a no no in 1990.

Pretty incredible.

Last edited:
So what’s the play on businesses still requiring masks? Keep a just in case one on you or tell them to get pumped and taking your business elsewhere?

-the play is to remember that the front line folks don't make the rules...so if they ask you to wear a mask, you wear it without making a German spectacle of yourself.

-shaq is a freak of nature... incredible god given talent. Men his size aren't supposed to move like he does.

I hate to bring up basketball in GYERO, but did anybody notice the new Rivals150 rankings?

Hunter Sallis dropped 26 spots to land at 33.

TyTy moved the opposite direction, up 21 spots to #11.

Nolan Hickman moved up 19 spots to #20.

So now Sallis is ranked third of those three after being way ahead of them in previous rankings.

Reactions: jayroon and wcc31
Speaking of Shaq, these are the types of fairly regular articles that make my $3 per month or whatever promo I always grab to The Athletic worth it.

From Tuesday:

Wild to think of a time when a generational guy like him could legit be a secret until his Jr/Sr year.

**never been my guy, but what Chad is saying is correct. He was simply something yet unseen physically. What a Goddamn freak monster.

*please don’t be the guy who alerts gyero about Bill, Wilt, or Kareem. Different conversation.

Last edited:
I hate to bring up basketball in GYERO, but did anybody notice the new Rivals150 rankings?

Hunter Sallis dropped 26 spots to land at 33.

TyTy moved the opposite direction, up 21 spots to #11.

Nolan Hickman moved up 19 spots to #20.

So now Sallis is ranked third of those three after being way ahead of them in previous rankings.
Sallis never really impressed me. Guy is overrated imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT