ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal is CEO at a Buy Here Pay Here and sold each of you (that you bought at high interest) a 2010 Corvette.....ragged out w/ 150K miles at the sweet price of $9M. It looked great on the outside, but after a while the engine blew and you were screwed. You bitched and moaned and said you would never buy from him again. Well, here came the sales pitch and he gave you an oil change and 4 re-treads, and you drove off happily once again. What are you going to do this time when it starts to stall and sputter down the street?

Hope you have insurance. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cal is CEO at a Buy Here Pay Here and sold each of you (that you bought at high interest) a 2010 Corvette.....ragged out w/ 150K miles at the sweet price of $9M. It looked great on the outside, but after a while the engine blew and you were screwed. You bitched and moaned and said you would never buy from him again. Well, here came the sales pitch and he gave you an oil change and 4 re-treads, and you drove off happily once again. What are you going to do this time when it starts to stall and sputter down the street?

Hubert Davis, bitch.

Eat shit, Tattaglia!

Her last name is Hubers. Plural.

My name is Huber. Singular.

For the record, I am shady though.
Yeah, but the original post said “Hubers mom was on Facebook a lot” or something and I assumed Cricket3 simply forgot to add an apostrophe, as clearly the possessive of Hubers would have been Hubers’s and I didn’t think Cricket3 could be that dumb.

Reactions: HUBER
Anyway . . .

- Went to see a Picasso exhibit in Nashville Monday afternoon at the Frist Museum. My wife is an art teacher and didn't want to miss the opportunity to see some of his works. This was the only time tickets were available so for the first time in my 21 year teaching career, I took a personal day that was actually a personal day. Ol' Paul was a unique cat. Also, horny.

The highlight of this exhibit was listening to a "know-it-all-art-critic" behind me with her children (ages 5 - 8, I imagine) explain one of the more provocative paintings. It was basically a nude woman in a garden but with all the distortion, it was probably hard for a child to notice.

The woman was just laying it all out there . . . "here is the garden and here is the woman . . . " "doesn't that look so beautiful to see the female body represented with such natural beauty . . . blah blah." The child replied back quickly with a, "that's not a woman; that's Peppa Pig!" I chuckled out loud and moved on to the next room.

Was in the Frist Museum a few years back to see an Andy Warhol exhibit. That dude was a weirdo as well.

I'm a cultured sonofabitch. I've always said that.

- Didn't cash one ticket on Derby Day. Derby has been very good to me in the past. I have also had some rough days, but I can't ever remember getting shut out. Congrats to those that profited.

- My hometown was hit with a tiny EF1 tornado Monday morning. Seeing pictures of the neighborhoods it affected and realized that some of my buddies' old childhood homes took a hit. Those were the streets near my Memaw's house where we would just rip-roar and tear through everyone's yard. Just surreal seeing stuff like that.

- I'm taking a wait and see approach with the New and Improved Cats. We were talking Final Four caliber about this time last year and then when we added Sarr, some folks were clamoring #9. I shall approach with caution.

-Yeah, I've upgraded myself from "miserable c*nt" to just "bitch" in regards to JVC and the '22 Cats. Very skeptical of the hardships associated with a freshman PG, but I trust BBdk's eye, and he loves Tyty. Reserving the right to call him out in December when he looks like Trashton.

-Looks like I have to wait a couple more years for the Father/Son Camps. Probably best because I'm sure their covid protocol will be ridiculous.

-Hubert Davis 🤣

-Tornado dreams are always awesome. I love those suckers. F*cking Pecos Anth.

-Friday weigh in after Derby and BDay, not friendly. F*ck. Gonna chew on some lettuce over here.

-Last few pages of my trusty Moleskin are pretty bittersweet. Lot of great notes and to do's in there but pages really become a pain in the ass to deal with at the end.

-Speaking of UE from the other day. That jobs report ain't it. Better get folks back to work, all I'm saying.

-Got pretty sentimental scrolling through my google photos the other day. Hard to wrap my head around G getting big so fast. I didn't feel like I aged a day from 18-35. Now it seems like I'm aging years at an alarming rate. Oh well, trying to squeeze as many rounds of catch in there as I can before he gets too cool. He still holds my hand walking across parking lots as well, which I know is on borrowed time, and I'm not certain I'll be able to handle when he stops.

-Mother's Day is a very worthy Holiday. It's just a pain in the ass to figure out what to get.

-Last few pages of my trusty Moleskin are pretty bittersweet. Lot of great notes and to do's in there but pages really become a pain in the ass to deal with at the end.

-Got pretty sentimental scrolling through my google photos the other day. Hard to wrap my head around G getting big so fast. I didn't feel like I aged a day from 18-35. Now it seems like I'm aging years at an alarming rate.
UnrulyAjarEuropeanpolecat-max-1mb.gif

I too, am wary of a Freshman PG...when they are tasked with having to truly lead or put a team on their back.

But We are going to be OLD, not just by Cal standards, but by any standard. The 2 other guards currently on the roster are 21 & 24. One more vet addition to the backcourt, preferably Mintz (although I think he's gone) and I just think he's a perfect fit - our best teams have had a mix of solid veterans + high-ceiling newbies. Our frontcourt is already set with that mix as well.

Save your Callouts for February, as even our Elite Freshman points went through some early season struggles...but we *definitely* want/need the dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT