ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, add TyTy then wait on one of the elite PG transfers to leave the draft? That’s still a ton of PT at the 1-2.

I know Carr is sexier. But TyTy + Mintz is my #1 scenario now.

Mintz deserves to see a true season, and I came to absolutely LOVE him by season’s end.

He’s been through it HERE, in a dismal
And tragedy filled season.

Big bonus points.

Last edited:
I know Carr is sexier. But TyTy + Mintz is my #1 scenario now.

Mintz deserves to see a true season, and I came to absolutely LOVE him by seasons end. He’s been through it HERE, in a dismal
And tragedy filled season.

Big bonus points.
Yep, Mintz was an absolute stud at season's end. Just beginning to show us what he could do.

Another year please.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Way, way, way under 1% wearing masks at Derby and it was glorious.

Open Kentucky back up.

Was on the backside of Churchill for the Derby and mingled in the infield for about an hour. I'm a bleeding heart pussy liberal, but I did all day sans mask, as did everyone around me. Nobody enforced shit, felt great to be around in a normal setting, and had a badass C-A-T-S chant going through the tunnel. Glorious.

Mintz returning would be monstrously huge. Assume we do get TyTy, then you start Mintz, TyTy and Grady along with whatever two bigs you want. Allen and Fredrick backup the 3 guards with Mintz or TyTy on the court at all times. Play whatever 2 bigs are playing best. Plenty of veterans, shooters, size, etc. That's a Final 4 recipe.

Last edited:
He’s not your primary PG, but he proved he’s a more than capable backup in that role when needed. Perfect backup actually, Bc he can also play other roles.

Had 23 assists and 3 turnovers in the Final 3 games when he was (finally) truly tasked with the position - on a team where it was extremely difficult to notch assists.

Oh, and he will also be 23 years old.

The scuttlebutt on rafters is Rodriguez or whatever TF his name is from GT is likely as a PG transfer. Know nothing about him

Hardy. LOL, Have you ever walked on the moon in clown shoes ? You have a better chance of doing that than Hardy coming here. NOT GONNA HAPPEN, Captain.

2 white honks in Frederick and Grady (well close enough) that can flat out shoot the rock. Now we are getting some takers AND makers.

Now we do not need a PG that has to score, just a very solid, reliable, table setter who can get to the rim (and actually dribble and not turn it over). Takes a LOT of pressure off Cal, would love to have Mintz and the Jorja PG. Not asking for much.

Been going down a rabbit hole the last 2 nights on You Tube watching 90's / 2000's hip hop videos. First night wasn't planned. Was up from 11:00 to 6:00 AM with my dog going bat shit crazy over the storms. Little Fer probably thought "damn the 4th of July is early" Well, not little, 85 pound Rhodesian Ridgeback and Mastiff mix.

Under rated rap song "The Way I Live" Baby Boy Da Prince. Banger. "Six months later and we big dog status, name elevated but I still act average, Rockin' shows in Dallas, ball like I play for the Mavericks.' "I'm a West Bank rapper and I'm one of the baddest." "Ridin' all day husslin' for the cake man, I'm a benjamin stacking, one inch taller than Great Danes." Feat. Bossie and P Town Moe. Nawlings with D-Weezy supplying the beats.

Mintz returning would be monstrously huge. Assume we do get TyTy, then you start Mintz, TyTy and Grady along with whatever two bigs you want. Allen and Fredrick backup the 3 guards with Mintz or TyTy on the court at all times. Play whatever 2 bigs are playing best. Plenty of veterans, shooters, size, etc. That's a Final 4 recipe.
If Mintz returns, he won’t start over Fredrick.

The scuttlebutt on rafters is Rodriguez or whatever TF his name is from GT is likely as a PG transfer. Know nothing about him
1st team all acc, acc tourney mvp, defensive player of the year, an absolute dawg and I think he’s roughly 30 years old. Averaged more steals last year than Rondo did his best year here.

I prefer him to Mintz, have always thought Mintz is a little overrated anyway. With a backcourt of the 3 we have right now I worry about that group defensively and Alvarado is a game changer on that end. Apparently there’s been some beef with Cal and Pastner over him recently too.

I normally side with the guy that’s been in the system already for a year given they’re both vets, but not in this instance. We need a true pg and he would be a perfect fit. Wheeler would work too if you don’t get Tyty but he’s not much of a defender either and it sounds like he’s on his way to Kansas soon anyway.

The GT kid is interesting as he is the guy opposing coaches/players/fans will fume at...

"Can any F'ing body guard the 4'11" Benjamin Buttons? Just curious. Jesus tapdancing Christ!"

Yep, good addition if he wanted to come.

Reactions: jayroon
If Mintz returns, he's starting.
Not unless we whiff on Tyty and a portal pg. Fredrick is much better than Mintz in any metric there is. Shoots better from
2 and 3 (and it’s not really close 40/38 to 47/47), finishes better, better assist to turnover ratio and it’s not close there either.

Both are combo guards that can play a little point if needed. Fredrick would handle that role much better with his a/to ratio IMO. Mintz is a better rebounder and slightly better athlete that gets hot from time to time but over the longer haul Fredrick will be much more consistent with his shooting and scoring. Both are poor defensively.

Mintz made some clutch buckets this year but also had some horrible shots and turns late in games that cost us too. Fredrick does not take bad shots or turn the ball over and made his fair share of big buckets this year too.

Offensive rating last year CJ-55.6, Mintz-23.6.

Last edited:
- Country Boy Nacho Bait has become one of my favorite new beers.

- Man, Kellan Grady is just a ballplayer. Puts it on the floor well. We’re going to have some firepower in the backcourt. Really hope Brooks hangs in because I think this will open up his driving/creating game at the 4, too.

- Don’t have the evidence like SAE, but an Eric Manual thread on Rafters has me thinking about the time I gave a 6th grade speech on UK’s recruiting scandal and other similar NCAA scandals. The only person who knew what the hell I was talking about became one of my UK roommates 8 years later.

- ABH showed us text messages about Fredrick coming to UK months ago.

- Add TyTy and you have some real upside to go along with a proven scorer in Grady and two knockdown shooters. Then I imagine Cal will grab one more guy who can play the 1 as well.

- Picked up a pair of Buffalo Trace picks at Smoke Justis- which also happens to be the best sports bar in the region. Can’t wait to catch some games there this fall.

- Taking my buddy who does our taxes every year out for wings and beer, an annual thank you tradition, next Friday night- likely at the 915 (best wings in town, IMO). Beers with your buddies arguing about sports never gets old.

Dwayne Casey was my Dad’s patient. He swore he had nothing to do with paying Chris Mills, much less drop $1,000 in cash with a return address to the UK Basketball Office. I also find it absurd that the envelope just happened to open up at a freight logistics center spilling
the cash.

Total frame job by Lute Olsen.

I'd like to propose a moratorium on negative UK basketball talk for awhile.

Cal has addressed staffing issues.
Addressed roster build

Identified issues and is working to build the program back

Let's get a couple point guards, Brooks back and hopefully have an enjoyable product to watch this winter.

#SunshineRandall

As someone who can speak from a position of personal knowledge re: illegal materials sent via post or courier and the security of said packages, the story of “the envelope just broke open” doesn’t pass my smell test.

THAT BEING SAID players were clearly getting paid, stuff was going on, etc.

No doubt Kentucky was cheating their ass off for decades and it got really bad in the 80’s. I think Joe B just looked the other way when Hamilton was raking in McD AA’s every year.

I used to get outraged when other fans would call Kentucky cheaters and shit then cite all these examples.

Now I'm like so effin what?

As someone who can speak from a position of personal knowledge re: illegal materials sent via post or courier and the security of said packages, the story of “the envelope just broke open” doesn’t pass my smell test.

THAT BEING SAID players were clearly getting paid, stuff was going on, etc.
Another absurd part of that story that always seemed like BS was the notion that a random Emery employee in Los Angeles recognized the name of the FATHER of a blue chip high school recruit on that package and ran to the local paper to report it.

My stance has always been that we were recruiting illegally (like everyone else), but we sure as hell didn't get caught in the act.

Re: envelopes opening up during transport

This was quite a phenomenon at the height of the Silk Road when buying drugs via internet/bitcoin transaction was a pretty popular means to operate. Apparently, you couldn't trust your website drug dealer to securely package contraband and stuff would show up to campus mail centers spilling out everywhere.

I often wonder how some of those guys are converting their bitcoin to cash these days.... In its short life span that website did like $9 billion in sales, and the Ulbricht guy collected what would be worth around $8 billion in today's bitcoin prices. Of course he's having trouble liquidating it from prison.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
And there is no more woke out there than Forde. But I guess he picks and chooses his wokeness and the education and opportunity for a poor homeless black kid is not one of his causes.

Reactions: 80 Proof
- Taking my buddy who does our taxes every year out for wings and beer, an annual thank you tradition, next Friday night- likely at the 915 (best wings in town, IMO). Beers with your buddies arguing about sports never gets old.
🚬Pat used to ask for a different form of payment. Tough to stomach at first but when you got that refund check, made the self-deprecation worth it.

Reactions: wcc31
🚬Pat used to ask for a different form of payment. Tough to stomach at first but when you got that refund check, made the self-deprecation worth it.
Congrats on the tongue exercises?

Yeah I’ve been down on Cal. He’s making big moves, land a stud PG and I’ll chill and let the cake bake. Wanna see that he’s still got it.

Lucky draw on a Weller Full proof single barrel yesterday. Good way to start the day.

Got some guys coming in town tomorrow. Two barrel picks, should be fun. What up Bardstown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT