ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Meh, I'd say Jalen Suggs and Cade Cunningham would've done just fine here and solved most of our issues. Put Cade next to Boston and I be he looks a helluvalot better. We missed on our top target because Justus was a douche bag and we ended up with a 4 year guy trying to run the show as a freshman. We played 4 on 5 most of the season. It's not going after the elite guys, it's landing them. Because if you're not landing the truly elite guys, and you're still relying on freshman, you're ****ed. If you don't land them you need to have a few guys, like Allen, that give a shit about Kentucky, aren't trying to get to the NBA before they're ready, and can play ball. Not only that but understand what that screaming lunatic on the sidelines is trying to accomplish. We should lose 3 or 4 players every year, not 7 or 8. Right now we're in the middle, we aren't landing the elite guys consistently and we're still losing most of our team every year. So we've been patchworking the shit out it in scramble mode.

-Just get a f*cking PG and give us a little optimism. I guess they're willing to wait it out until June 1 and/or the draft decisions.

-NBC 09-13 was just amazing. Office, Community, PnR, 30 Rock. All legit top 25 shows.

-Friend gave me a 4RSB Pick for my birthday and I dropped that sucker right on the garage floor. Can't believe it didn't bust. "NOOOOOOOOOO, OMG, YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!"

-I love that ornery red headed bastard.

The fact that a 4 star point guard we were relying on to stay and mature decommited because Barbee and Justus left tells me all I needed to know about how god awful our recruiting had become. How the hell hard is it to utilize the fact that he could play for HOF Cal and wear Kentucky Blue? That should be the 2 easiest slam dunk recruiting points. A 40th ranked kid was more excited to hang out with Justus than possibly take the reigns for UK in front of millions? Was he even sold on that? What in gods name was the recruiting pitch? No wonder we’ve had so many players transfer, quit, or completely ignore Cal the last five years. Good f’in riddance to those 2 dipshit assistants that couldn’t even get a 4 star excited to be point guard at UK.

At what point does the fetus become a person and get its own rights? Once it’s out of the womb? Once you detect a heartbeat?

I am generally on the side of the government shouldn’t tell you what to do as long as you aren’t interfering with anyone else. Personally I think it is murder because you are ending a life, which is why you’re charged with double murder for killing a pregnant lady. With that being said though, I would gladly let the whores of the world abort their offspring if it gets the government out of my life.

The latest Rewatchables podcast is a good listen and gets my recommendation. They finally did "What about Bob?"

I think it was somewhat common knowledge that a lot of people didnt really care for Richard Dreyfus- which he attributed to actions he didnt remember dating back to the early 80's when he was completely consumed by cocaine and other drugs- but the fact that he and Murray really did hate each other probably made that movie even better. They mentioned an on-set altercation where Murray calmly told Dreyfus:

"Not one person likes you. You're just tolerated" and I reserve the right to use that in GYERO from this point forward.

best-star-wars-day-tweets_ncyn.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: WayneDougan
Tryna contribute to GYERO randoms....

- had a bit of a #triggered moment last week, when a friend called to tell me she has been off-the-grid lately because she's been in and out of inpatient rehab for alcohol. after thinking she was good, she then checked herself back in for 6 long months.

It's the untold story of the pandemic. As my dear friend anth (and others) have pointed out, the solution can't be worse than the disease. I think we're going to be shocked to look back at the skyrocketing frequency of drug abuse, violence, trauma, suicide, etc.

- just scooped up the most lucrative client of my young entrepreneurial career today. Came via referral, and I'm hoping it opens a pipeline to many more.

I'm still making a fraction of my peak years with my former employer, but damned if it doesn't feel infinitely more rewarding.

- planning phases of 3-week summer road trip. We're committed to Leadville for 4 days, and will be volunteering at the llama-centric aid station at 12,500 feet during the big race.

link: llamas

I feel like Santa Fe/Taos/Angel Fire may be a great stop along the way, too. Recs? (really just need to know where the most expensive steakhouse is. tia)

- After a few pops last week I came home and half-jokingly filled out an application form requesting consideration to be nominated as the Libertarian candidate for mayor. Son of a bitch if I didn't get phone calls and emails the next day basically begging me to run. Slim pickens, obvi.

Get me on a debate stage with our idiot incumbent mayor and I'll do it.

- Have a crotchety old neighbor that's lived in his house for 45 years, but happens to love the lass and I. We joke about befriending him just in the event he wants to sell his house. Welp, he drops a line on me yesterday that he's sick of home ownership and is ready to go rent. When I tell him we'd love to look at his home, he rants for 15 minutes about how terrible it is, how it's not worth anything, how much work it needs......worst salesman ever, really. Gonna keep massaging this one, particularly in a white hot market.

* Remote working from a coffee shop is back in the once-a-week rotation. Walk in right when they open at 7, read for about an hour, then fire up the laptop and get after it. Check out the lassies, put down a blueberry muffin.

* Glad to see the meteoric rise of the anti-mask crowd. Overdue, imo.

If “PTI As Mayor” gets any traction whatsoever, I’m leaking every morsel of information I have to the Times-Picayune.

“The presumptive libertarian favorite for Mayor isn’t without his detractors.

‘He says he’s not about the drama BUT he’s ALL about the drama,’ says wcc31, internet message board associate of the upstart mayorial candidate.

‘He loses his phone about every other day. I once saw the idiot try to pay a bar tab with his credit card info written on a napkin. Got me kicked out of Jock’n’Jills the Friday of the SEC Tournament. Obviously, I still have the redass about that.’

Apparently in a distillery if your grain grinder is located inside you have to have panels that are explosion proof. However that just means they are anchored into the ground about 3 foot deep and bound by at least 10 foot of chain.

This stops the panels from flying, in my case 30 acres, into a busy road killing people.

The alternative is to locate the grinder outside where NO(absolutely none) precautions are required.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT