ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big law? How does that compare to Judo law?

Anth, the rematch I’ll be in your corner. I’ll bring Apollo’s trunks.

Westbrook with a pedestrian 14pt, 21reb, 24ast line tonight.

He will never get the credit he deserves, but if he leads them to a playoff appearance with that roster he should be up there in the MVP talks.

- Cornette is very good because he is a wrestling nerd. But the story on how he got started has always cracked me up. Dude was involved in Louisville ticket sales for when Memphis came to town. He was such a talker that everyone took notice, but he was also a snot nose brat of a mommas boy. Jarret who was running that territory knew Cornettes mom as their moms were very good friends.

In an effort to get him beat up, Jarrett wanted to offer him a position as a manager, but they had to ask his mother’s permission.

She said yes, and the rest is history!

Reactions: VernHatton52
-became obvious shortly after Hickman decommited that it wasn't expected. Guessing he just got tired of Cal going after every available guard in the portal and realizing he was option b or c. Probably the same reason Askew bolted. Not that either is a bad thing, but together seems tough, especially if you lose Mintz.

-Not just being a bitch, but we have no guards for next season. It's May. Continuity is his biggest problem and I don't see it being addressed.

-booting Justus and Barbee was the right decision and had to be done after last season. Still not sure it fixes the actual issues.

-I haven't watched wrestling since HS and no desire to be part of the show. But if you want me to come to Bullitt Cty and put you on the mat, in true wrestling form, let me know. Wouldn't be my first time in a Bullitt Cty fight, that's for sure.

Not a "Won the trade" yet but nailed Vern. Ol Bonzo speaking like the true DC'opian he is these days

John Wall will be Comeback POY and an all-star this year.

They cannot wait to run him out of the 202 with a quickness and the Bullets are likely to give up a 1st just to kick that albatross contract off their books. Add in the fans hate him and apparently his conditioning is lacking, to put it nicely. Pretty foolish bet imo.

* I think we get about 23 games under out belt before some gerryrigged delayed Madness unfolds.

* Snagged a bottle of Rare Breed today and after 2 pours in I realize Im a idiot for sleeping on this offering.

* Rupp court a site for sore eyes.

Also, Russ can go 0/0/0 the rest of the year and still average a triple double. Kerr was right on the money when talking about how fundamentals have gone to hell in the NBA. No one knows how to box out/rebound. Russ just clowning fools. And no GD load management with Russell F Westbrook

Love that dude

Last edited:
I made that prediction when he was still a Wizard. When did I say shit about anybody winning a trade?

He came back from injury, got himself into great shape and averaged 20 and 7. My prediction was wrong but I never said a f'n word about the Rockets winning a trade.

I smelled this cooking as I took my kid to a baseball clinic inside the Impact Zone. Now I know what it was.

I’ve seen Action a couple times around town, but didn’t know about this.

Reactions: gobigbluebell
Houston absolutely won that trade. Houston is dog crap but will likely get a top 3 pick in the NBA draft. Washington is mediocre, and will end up with the 15th pick in the draft. Advantage, at least as far as the NBA works, goes to Houston.

Not sure how to link or quote it, but Nov 25 2020 I posted how the trade almost went thru and how awesome the Russ/Beal duo would be.

Then on Dec 2 2020 the trade actually did get done and I posted again how awesome it would be.

So for those scoring at home, Russ is leading an awful team(albeit mostly young lottery picks) to the playoffs, drawing fans, and getting on television equal losing a trade.

Edit: Houston has 4 first round picks next year and a really good shot to be #1 overall.

E0GKFklXIAQoB52.0.jpg

Despite scrambling in May for guards I think big picture with Antigua and Coleman we should be able to get the ultra elite dudes again. I suppose Coleman has great ties in the Chicago hoops scene, knows how to play the game in those circles and the kids respect the shit out of Antigua. Justus was way in over his head navigating those waters.

These 2 fellas know they can get the elite dudes, especially at a place like KENTUCKY. Just a matter of time.

Recruiting “ultra elite dudes” sounds really awesome when you type it, but the national championship was just played between two teams who fielded a roster mostly of “guys who stuck around for more than one year.”

Hey, Ursch, go touch yourself in whatever mid 2000’s sedan with power windows and a CD player you just purchased as soon as you hit the 300,000 mile mark.

Will do. In the meantime, you’re just gonna have to get over the fact that we simply are not going to be able to hand pick the top 3-5 guys we want every single year anymore, then expect those 18 and 19 year olds to lead us to the promise land. Haven’t been able to do that in quite some time actually.

The sooner you realize that the better. Hope the coaching staff is paying attention too.

-the worry is that these coaching changes may take a while to manifest change in results...a mediocre year with a high single digit seed isn't gonna do the trick/placate the base. Unless they pull a *good* point guard (or 2) outta their rump...that is where it's headed.

-re: "elite"* freshmen winning championships is/has always been the exception rather than the rule. #teampti.

* Elite is fastly becoming one of those words that serve as a trigger to ignore the rest of what that person has to say. It is a marketing buzzword that needs to go away... especially when referring to anything other than "talent", and even that Is getting stale. It has joined the ranks of: classy and upscale. The people that use these words regularly wouldn't know elite/classy/upscale if it bit them in the ass.

We had two “ultra elite dudes” last year. One didn’t really play, and the other guy sucked. Our best guard was a combo transfer from Creighton.

I’m actually curious what the recruiting strategy is. I feel a helluva lot better with Antigua than DJ PM, but the man at the top really needs to address the changing landscape of college basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT