ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisket took me awhile but I think I finally got it down. 6 hours soaked in Dr Pepper, drain the soda then heavy cover in Himalayan Pink Salt and Cracked Peppercorn. Then hit the smoker for 3-1/2 hours, and finally wrap it in butcher paper and hit the oven for 7-8 hours. All cool temps at 180.

What is your desired finish temperature?
Guess I misplaced my q... What is your desired end temp, given cooking at 180°?

Last edited:
Hump day randoms:
  • Got a MsPacMan (w/416 other vintage games) on order for the bar. Golden Tee was outvoted 1-3🙄.
  • Contractor, who flaked out of my punch list for two weeks with no responses- decided to text me to come back. Get pumped, dickhead. I’ll keep my retainage and stain/poly a shelf and install a handrail all by my little self. Just get your shit off my driveway.
  • Me handy? Nah... I’m an idea man... that said, I resealed my entire Azek deck today with some revitalizer shit that absolutely made it look brand-spanking new. If you have a composite deck that’s chalky or stained... try Deck Max2. Unreal. Easy.
  • My doggie (Ridgeback) burst out the front door today and was boogeying all over the neighborhood at top speed. After a while, I just sat back and watch her go in amazement. She’s 120lbs and runs like a cheetah. Zoomers celebrating the end of Covid.
  • 80°. Ice cold domesto, post-deck-sealing, during work hours... stealing.

I have a buddy who had it who said he lost his ability to smell shit (literally, feces, farts, etc.), but he can smell car exhaust from a mile away now.

For reference, the TASTE story:

It was late Fall 2004, BBdK and another fella were visiting me when I lived in Mt. Adams, then a lively social scene for the kind of hard-partying jagerbomb-droppin dbag rascals we were. These two guys pick up a couple babes and bring them back to my one-bedroom apartment. As the other guy was trying to get work done in my bedroom, BBdK was in the bathroom throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this chick. As I walking by the bathroom door, I hear BBdK whispering to this chick, “Taste me, baby. Taste me.”

Bwahahaha. Good lord.

Jeezy was in concert here in BG this weekend. My 26 year old text mid afternoon Saturday "hey dad, you want to go to the Jeezy concert tonight downtown ?" Jeezy is one of my top 5 rappers but I calmly text him back "Hell no, I would get killed." As hood as I am, and all the street cred I got back in the day, I am 54 now, my old ass is not going to rap concerts. Hell I did not attend many in my prime days.

Puerto Vallarta here on Tuesday's has $1 hard shell or soft shell tacos. Great deal, but dangerous.

I to love the show Snowfall. Set in 80's Compton during the crack epidemic. Franklin Saint is a bad man, from local street pusher, to big man on the block. John Singleton kills this show, as he has several.

Derby going to throw a little coin on Known Agenda and take a flier on longshot Soup and Sandwich just to get it started.
never stop posting.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
BBdK running game in the ‘00s was 99% attitude. Was like having Sam Cassel as your wingman. Didn’t GAF. You’d lose the dude half way through the night and then notice out of the corner of your eye him busting down some Puerto Rican to “Dip it Low.” Was an experience fo’shern.

If you’re ugly and can get her to laugh she will be with you. Why? well, if she’s always laughing her eyes are closed and she can’t see you. It’s science.

Brisket has been on now for about an hour. I do get it up to 200ish as I play with the temp in the oven but I smoke it at 180, and maintain around 180 most of the time in the oven until the last few hours.

Nice little stretch and workout session done. Not much but feels great regardless.

Rain, please do not disappoint!

Reactions: RunninRichie
I'd love to actually meet catfagbgky. I bet he smells funny, has a squeak to his voice, and will talk with multiple different accents depending on who else is in the convo. Bet he owns more than one Tommy Hilfiger tshirt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT