ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you supposed to know where to buy a car or get a job if you dont look in the paper's classifieds? Or know what the major news stories were from yesterday.

Gee Wiz

How are you supposed to know where to buy a car or get a job if you dont look in the paper's classifieds? Or know what the major news stories were from yesterday.

Gee Wiz
The lack of a good, rational local paper is killing JCPS. The board members are absolutely insane. I feel like if the paper had reasonable people reporting on it we wouldn't be in the shape we are in.

The Bourbon Raffle I am part of is taking place Friday night. Here is a list of the prizes. There will be over 55 winners.

The first name picked will get their choice of all the prizes. The 2nd will pick from the remaining prizes, and so on, until all of the prizes are gone.

There are some fantastic single bottles and prize packages here for all of you bourbon heads.

HqCpfEI.jpg

2duBs8u.jpg

It is $10 donation per chance.

Just click on this link to enter
https://forms.gle/xkv3485MrrduVhs37

The Bourbon Raffle I am part of is taking place Friday night. Here is a list of the prizes. There will be over 55 winners.

The first name picked will get their choice of all the prizes. The 2nd will pick from the remaining prizes, and so on, until all of the prizes are gone.

There are some fantastic single bottles and prize packages here for all of you bourbon heads.

HqCpfEI.jpg

2duBs8u.jpg

It is $10 donation per chance.

Just click on this link to enter
https://forms.gle/xkv3485MrrduVhs37
55 winners, huh? How many entries?

- The only thing I miss about living in Louisville is Havana Rumba. That vaca frita... :fire::fire:

- Gerth is a turd. Just a steaming pile of dumb turds. MOKH is tremendous and I will not hear otherwise.

- Moderna Gang/Pfizer Crew membership pending this afternoon. Not sure which one I'm getting, just thrilled to finally get it. Give me that sweet sweet mRNA since my grandparents are too stubborn to get the shots themselves. (What a shock two of them are down with covid right now? whaaaa?)

- I got some bloodwork yesterday at St. E, and asked my phlebotomist if she had any idea if they were doing Moderna or Pfizer this week, and she said "I don't know, I'm not getting the shot." Welp.
Good to know an RN doesn’t know what she’s giving...solid work nurse.

- I know nobody cares about Kansas footballsucka, but still...it has taken them SEVEN WEEKS to name Les Miles' replacement. That's insane, especially because it's truly happening in the offseason, as opposed to happening during bowl season when things are still up in the air. They've had some good names on their radar, so I'm not sure whether it's KU being turned down, or whether the new AD is just that wishy-washy, but either way, it's malfeasance. We're restless to get news after one week of our CBB assistant openings. If Kansas had any football fans, they'd be pretty wound up about it.

- Trying to make a batch of Ouita Michel's burgoo for Derby. Will (probably not) report back.

- Gotta start hitting the pavement again. Hasn't been a matter of not having time, it's been a matter of not making time. Always helps me to have a race for a target, but with track/CC meets dominating my Saturdays in spring and fall, I only have about a seven-Saturday window in July/August when I can run one.

- Chick-Fil-A swapped its cole slaw for a "superfood salad" a few years ago, and now has swapped its Spicy Grilled Sandwich for a Lemon Kale salad. Absolutely ridiculous. More like Chick-FAIL-A.

- Joe Gerth is just another example of uppity white folks being more up in arms about potentially "racist" things than anyone else.

* Big news yesterday, as the CDC announced it's safe to be outside and fully vaccinated without a mask performing activities like walking or biking. Turns out that COVID isn't the Boogie Man, hiding behind trees and underneath benches to jump out and snatch you, nor is it a lingering mist in the air that attacks you sight unseen.

The celebration of the announcement is further proof this world is chalk full of Beta Cucks.

* Ever since DMX's death, I've been walking around barking at people all the time. It's a very underrated, versatile salutation.

* Nice to see homegrown talent Jesse Winker breaking out in his age-27 season, right in his prime. 300/400 hitter, good bat control, and plus power. Yessir.

* Also jumped into the new-to-me vehicle game. Came home with a first generation Toyota Sequoia yesterday. Really the first massive vehicle I've ever owned, and will be putting to use for outdoor recreation. It's old ('07), but low miles and runs great. Cash money, of course.

* Listened to this guy for 3+ hours the other day, and nodded my head in agreement for the full 180 minutes.

Joe Rogan/Dave Smith

* Dow up another 12% YTD. Anyone else in the market enjoying a substantially increased amount of wealth, and pushing closer to joining the much maligned 1%? That's my goal, anyways.

* My body just can't function on < 8-9 hours of sleep. Not sure how some of you superhumans do it.

* In light of the Hemingway doc on PBS......I really enjoy the back-and-forth, very strong opinions on the guy, and it's one of those unique arguments where both sides can be right. He was a fake pos, and he also did live an amazingly adventurous life. Kinda agree with everyone. Playing that right down the middle, a la anth.

* Kentucky football:

- a stepping stone program for coaches
and
- a good place to build into an NFL-caliber player

Mark Stoops' biggest accomplishments, imho.

* Taking the dog for a walk is an incredible underrated, peaceful way to spend 20-30 minutes.

No way dude I’m gonna wait until I have dinner reservations at the most expensive steakhouse in town and we’re romantically stuffed to the gills with red meat and starch and then do it.

Reactions: GrandePdre
- Michters Barrel Proof Rye is my pick when I win. Will bring to the first tailgate and share in Krentz's memory.

- Viking skillets, pots and pans were one of those purchases that felt like overkill at the time but has been invaluable over the years. Gets over-easy eggs perfecto every time.

- New Mizuno irons are taking a bit to get used to but already seeing the improvement, though slight, in consistency over my old graphites.

- Feel like ish if I get more than 8 hours. 6-7 is the sweet spot, fine with 5.

- Shaping up to be one of the better Oaks/Derby weather combos in some time. Should really heighten the drunkenness at Churchill and around town.

- Peerless has some damn good single barrel bottles at their distillery. Sampled the Cola and Heirloom Candy rye last night...rye with the slight edge.

And props to them for being open and running tours, as opposed to Evan Williams only Thursday - Saturday or Michter's bitchass for being shutdown until Andy says it's safe to make money again.

- Doesn't seem like there's much intrigue around the 1st round this year, other than which GM will make a career ending decision to reach for Lance and Wilson.

- No doubt Spotify will cave to their workforce and sever ties with Rogan sooner than later because they deem him a troublemaker.

- Anth's Derby garb sounds a lot like what he's flossed the last few years. Time to mix it up and add some color to your trackside attire, bubs.

* Nice to see homegrown talent Jesse Winker breaking out in his age-27 season, right in his prime. 300/400 hitter, good bat control, and plus power. Yessir.

* Also jumped into the new-to-me vehicle game. Came home with a first generation Toyota Sequoia yesterday. Really the first massive vehicle I've ever owned, and will be putting to use for outdoor recreation. It's old ('07), but low miles and runs great. Cash money, of course.

Winker....a good April, nothing more. He has never been able to hit LH's so jury will be out for a while, yet. Keep the HOF plaque in the closet for a few months.

Looking forward to see how you enjoy the 8 mpg.

I appreciate Burgoo’s place in Kentucky culture, but it’s trash. Basically boring ass vegetable soup + whatever game.

It’s fine, right of passage for Keeneland first timers or whatever...I mean, I get it.

...just not on my short list, or long list, of what I’m recommending to visitors, basically.

-SAE worships Joe Gerth, for those scoring at home.

-Personally can’t stand the prick, but Llama brings the heat with old school randoms better than anyone these days.

Last edited:
So UKO the 300/400 slash are Winkers *career* averages (.289/.385 to be exact), which include, yes, April, but all the other baseball playing months across all or parts of five seasons, too. You can Google this if you’re unfamiliar with how statistics work in sports.

You are such a F’ing clown.

So UKO the 300/400 slash are Winkers *career* averages (.289/.385 to be exact), which include, yes, April, but all the other baseball playing months across all or parts of five seasons, too. You can Google this if you’re unfamiliar with how statistics work in sports.

You are such a F’ing clown.

Talking baseball w/ you is pointless....never seen someone so clueless about the game who makes countless attempts at being knowledgeable.

As Hobbs said....you ever play ball, Max?

Go run up a hill or something.

I’ve not had more than 6 hours of sleep in at least 5-6 years, consistently.

I don’t know how far behind I’d be if I got more on a daily basis.

Sent a letter to our new HOA to request special treatment on a rule before even starting to move into the neighborhood. I’d prefer to be a normal everyday square fella and them ok our request and everyone be happy, but if they don’t then I’ll refuse to contain our krazy!

Choose wisely MFers!

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Jeezy was in concert here in BG this weekend. My 26 year old text mid afternoon Saturday "hey dad, you want to go to the Jeezy concert tonight downtown ?" Jeezy is one of my top 5 rappers but I calmly text him back "Hell no, I would get killed." As hood as I am, and all the street cred I got back in the day, I am 54 now, my old ass is not going to rap concerts. Hell I did not attend many in my prime days.

Puerto Vallarta here on Tuesday's has $1 hard shell or soft shell tacos. Great deal, but dangerous.

I to love the show Snowfall. Set in 80's Compton during the crack epidemic. Franklin Saint is a bad man, from local street pusher, to big man on the block. John Singleton kills this show, as he has several.

Derby going to throw a little coin on Known Agenda and take a flier on longshot Soup and Sandwich just to get it started.

Hey UKO it's me again and I know how to use the Google machine. Jesse Winker statistics that I can literally cut-and-paste for you.....

His entire career including the month of April of 2021:
batting average = .289
on-base% = .385

His entire career other than the month of April of 2021:
batting average = .281

on-base % = .380

As Hobbs said.....you ever look at baseball-reference.com, Max?

(your hardheaded, completely defenseless, brutally ignorant takes are off the charts ridiculous and stupid. and you can go get f'ing pumped)

- Two of my favorite sporting events this week- NFL Draft and Derby.

- Really is bizarre the COVID precaution diehards. I’m not talking about the people being cautious, courteous to their neighbors/community or even those honestly afraid. Seems they fall into the following often-overlapping groups:

* Hall monitor geeks (ie. millennial journos)
* “I’m smarter than you common pieces of shit” science and medical folk
* Wokes who vere strongly against anything the right supposedly supports

- Anyway, I am extremely happy things are headed back to normal, and it certainly eases my mind seeing my parents, in-laws, diabetic friends, etc. get vaccinated. Pumped about this summer.

- Have always found John Mayer’s “Walt Grace’s Submarine Test” to be an interesting tune.

-BellyDancer forget about GYERO now that he’s beach guy or what?

Sent a letter to our new HOA to request special treatment on a rule before even starting to move into the neighborhood. I’d prefer to be a normal everyday square fella and them ok our request and everyone be happy, but if they don’t then I’ll refuse to contain our krazy!

Choose wisely MFers!
This is the strongest “cliffhanger” I’ve experienced since bingeing “The Killing” on Netflix.

- Really is bizarre the COVID precaution diehards. I’m not talking about the people being cautious, courteous to their neighbors/community or even those honestly afraid. Seems they fall into the following often-overlapping groups:

* Hall monitor geeks (ie. millennial journos)
* “I’m smarter than you common pieces of shit” science and medical folk
* Wokes who vere strongly against anything the right supposedly supports

My dad falls into a different category of COVID precaution diehards. I don't think he's scared of getting sick, he's just made it his mission to ensure that nobody in the family gets it. It's phone calls like, "alright son, I know you got the first dose 3.5 weeks ago and you're 84% protected, good, good, proud of you. By the way, have you called Walgreens to triple-check your next dose? Need to make sure they are going to have supplies. Never mind that now, listen, here's why I called. I've developed an approach so that you can safely get gas from now on. Get a pen because I need you to write this down..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT