ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Michters 10 year Rye is just incredible. I honestly think I’m becoming a Rye guy over bourbon.

OF, Michters, Pikesville, THH, Sazerac, Elijah Craig, MGP........hoping it’s just a phase.
The Thomas H Handy Rye is the best whiskey I've ever had. Total worship.

Co-worker told me about a Honduran joint in Frankfort called Mami Monchitas. Pretty damn good. Love good plantain chips.

Reactions: krazykats
I'm a proponent of "buy it for life". Grew up in a household with cheap ass cookware, and it's just not something worth skimping out on. I rock mostly All-Clad stainless steal and a few pieces of well-seasoned cast iron. Restaurant grade baking sheets are also worth the investment; the cheap stuff warps.

Having the right tool for the job can make the difference between a hobby and a chore.
Rack this one. I am a big cast iron guy for stuff that requires higher heat. It also gets points for being able to use it in a lot of different ways- throw it in the oven, on the egg, range top, etc... The only downside is that when trying to use a lesser heat they can often be inconsistent as far as surface temp. You have to have some quality stainless tools in the mix as well. I'm loyal to the Green Pan line from Williams Sonoma. Its not top of the line commercial kitchen but its plenty good enough for daily use in our house.

Its a necessary upgrade from the stuff you got off of your wedding registry from Target that is shedding its chemically induced "non-stick" coating all over your food.

There’s this little strip center off LaGrange Rd somewhat near Anchorage with supposedly an unreal taqueria, Mexican grocery & bakery.

I think we all focus on the staples here but because of a solid immigrant population there’s a really good ethnic cuisine.

Met some folks yesterday at a place this matches up to. El Miarachi was the Mexican spot that puts the typical El Nopal types to shame!

Three to four different types of ethnic stores next door and the only place in there that isn’t ethnic food is a barbershop.

Man, I could use a Captain's Quarters spring evening...

There are some spots in Louisville I definitely miss. A somewhat underrated cuisine town with some cool spots
You consider Captains Quarters cuisine, and call yourself a gyero man? I always thought of it as place to show off a boat and pick up cougar tail when I was younger, or young tail now that I’m older.

Who knew?

So are Derby parties and everything all ON this year? How’s Louisville doing this week? That town could use a good one, and I mean that sincerely.
Based on my experience yesterday at Churchill
the people who are ready to get out are ready to get out and probably have been getting out. You could feel the buzz, especially for a Tuesday, and I imagine it will only get better as we get closer to Saturday.

The celebrity parties and galas it seems are a no go this year.

I believe restaurants will be at the fullest capacity they can be and most people I know are going to parties and or gatherings starting tomorrow.

I had a blast yesterday despite not cashing a single ticket. I’m sick & tired of negativity, the nonsense and am ready to celebrate what separates this town and Commonwealth from the rest.

The amount of videos like that fat guy telling his dad he's gonna have a cup of coffee in the PGA is just getting stupid. "Hey, here's my raw emotion of a cool experience. By the way, we're going to record it and post for the world to see." GTFO. It's not as bad as those losers who get to see a few new shades of color for the first time, but it's still bad.

- Anth and Derby Week...a storied tradition.

- Bread is a GD American institution, you can GFY if you dont agree. Have spun the Greatest hits many a time.

- Just announced this AM that Khruangbin is playing here in October, with Big Daddy Kane and Lee Fields as the openers. Will be attending.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Gerth is a f*ckboi. TS.
Hey, Joe Gerth, go touch yourself.
You two racists got something to say you can say it to my face
635601464694798011-joegerth2-done.JPG

Reactions: tommyg4uk
- The only thing I miss about living in Louisville is Havana Rumba. That vaca frita... :fire::fire:

- Gerth is a turd. Just a steaming pile of dumb turds. MOKH is tremendous and I will not hear otherwise.

- Moderna Gang/Pfizer Crew membership pending this afternoon. Not sure which one I'm getting, just thrilled to finally get it. Give me that sweet sweet mRNA since my grandparents are too stubborn to get the shots themselves. (What a shock two of them are down with covid right now? whaaaa?)

- I got some bloodwork yesterday at St. E, and asked my phlebotomist if she had any idea if they were doing Moderna or Pfizer this week, and she said "I don't know, I'm not getting the shot." Welp.

Reactions: _Chase_
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT