ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it probably deserves its own thread, but I also know there's seemingly an expert on nearly everything right here in GYERO, so...

This whole NFT thing. Like cryptocurrency and Henbook MLM, it feels like somebody is getting rich (or at least claiming to be). Is it just a fad or what?

2's-day randoms

Cast iron is the most versatile cooking pan available, and there is nothing hard about them unless you are a stupid.

I'm not trying to claim I'm the best overall chef in GYERO, but there are a few dishes that I make better than anyone anyone else in here.

I enjoy cooking, but I also enjoy growing the meat and produce. A fresh batch of meatballs and sauce with beef, tomatoes, onions, herbs, and garlic from the farm. All cooked in my cast iron Dutch oven just hits different.

Got a new (to me) truck last week, 2015 Silverado, 4dr, 4wd. I'm in love. The space in this thing is amazing!

Watched Bull Durham last night, what a great movie. I've seen it dozens of times, still get something new every time I watch it.

Incredible weather, might have to mix a margarita and drink it on the deck.

I don't cook at all, but cast iron skillets are the bomb. We have a couple at our hunting cabin, not sure they have ever been washed. Pull them out, wipe out the grease from the previous hunting season and start cooking.
Dove breast wrapped in bacon, sausage, turkey bites wrapped in bacon, onions etc. It all taste better out of that old seasoned pan.

I'm a proponent of "buy it for life". Grew up in a household with cheap ass cookware, and it's just not something worth skimping out on. I rock mostly All-Clad stainless steal and a few pieces of well-seasoned cast iron. Restaurant grade baking sheets are also worth the investment; the cheap stuff warps.

Having the right tool for the job can make the difference between a hobby and a chore.

640px-Bread_1971bbb.jpg
What is your favorite BREAD song?

I’ll go:

Korean and Vietnamese are GOAT Asian. And I also love a Chinese buffet while we're at it. Crab Rangoon is might be my favorite fried food.

So Wayne, do you have any skills on the griddle or are you just a turning Japanese?
I have a buddy from Knoxville who looks Mexican but he is half Japanese. His mom worked at the Hibachi over there, so he had to work there too when he was a teenager. He told me with a few hours of training any idiot could master the Hibachi. That's all show. So long story short of for to tell you that yeah, I can make you a chicken teriyaki with a side of flaming onion volcano.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Giving them randoms a shot because I'm drunk and bored...

- Man, what a nice day. Couldn't stand being at work any longer and decided to play 18. So hit up Kearney Hills and spent the afternoon outside. Came home and cracked a colide then vacuumed the pool, which is surprisingly relaxing.

- Been watching a show called Snowfall on FX. It's pretty damn good. It's about the CIA bringing cocaine into the US and the beginning of the crack epidemic. Give it a peep if you need a new show to watch.

- If you're looking for a quirky band, give Church of the Cosmic Skull a listen.

- Big fan of fried cornbread in the cast iron skillet.

- Ate at Jeff Rubys for the first time on Sunday. It did not disappoint. Went with the blackened ribeye, mac-n-cheese, mushrooms and the wedge.

- Schwann's has some pretty solid egg rolls.

-i like all the food. No need to limit oneself.

-beef wellington english, or no. Blood pudding is incredible when done correctly...most cultures have something similar. Fish and chips w/ mashed peas is really good. I had a nice bit of squab last time I was over there.

-ethiopian is really good if you've never had it...plus their women are smoking hot.

/FAT

Serious lack of love for Mexican and Caribbean food in this discussion.
Speaking of Mexican, I hit up an out of the way bar and grill today for their Taco Tuesday. 3 soft shells for 6.00. Meat, cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes and jalapeños. Won’t be hitting Taco Johns any time soon on Tuesday’s.

BTW, as much as I hate to say it Taco John’s has really sucked lately. Gone skimpy on the meat. The new “old fashioned” Mexi Rolls suck, also.

-Louisville just got a new Caribbean restaurant off poplar level I think. Looks fantastic but I can’t remember the damn name to go check it out.

- Got a brisket, 4 pounds of chicken wings, and 4 NY Strips for NFL Draft this weekend. I hope it does the trick for 3 days.

Brisket took me awhile but I think I finally got it down. 6 hours soaked in Dr Pepper, drain the soda then heavy cover in Himalayan Pink Salt and Cracked Peppercorn. Then hit the smoker for 3-1/2 hours, and finally wrap it in butcher paper and hit the oven for 7-8 hours. All cool temps at 180.

For the wings I just cover them in sweet mesquite dry rub, smoke for 2 hours at 200, then rub Schultz spicy Buffalo sauce on and let finish for 20 minutes on the smoker so the sauce flavor is there but not sloppy wet.

Steaks just get covered in salt and pepper about an hour before they hit the grill. I am going to try smoked baked potatoes though that I’ll rub bacon grease on and throw salt and pepper at too.

- Neighbors mentioned the derby when they saw all my wrapped meats today. Totally forgot that is this weekend. Maybe I’ll buy a horse.

- I too just bought a 1500 Dodge Ram and I love the thing. Never posted it on Facebook as my moms family had issues with me in the end and already think I was after her money, even though I literally got nothing in inheritance.

- NY distributor begging to bring my product up there. I guess it’s time to spread my wings and get shit right.

Barrel Broker called today with a 40 barrel lot of some stuff that simply won’t last to next week. Tough call to make here as I have 30-40 barrels right now and I’m covered TF up at my other day job right now.

- Back to light lifting and cardio in an effort to get back to 240ish. Lungs feel like maybe I caught the Covid at some point.

- Michters 10 year Rye is just incredible. I honestly think I’m becoming a Rye guy over bourbon.

OF, Michters, Pikesville, THH, Sazerac, Elijah Craig, MGP........hoping it’s just a phase.

Reactions: grantbob
Man, I could use a Captain's Quarters spring evening...

There are some spots in Louisville I definitely miss. A somewhat underrated cuisine town with some cool spots

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneDougan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT