ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a name I haven't thought about in a decade. Turns out she married Dominic James from Marquette.

At this point it’s safe to assume if you’re a booster part of the deal is your spouse sleeping with someone in the athletic department.

Reactions: WayneDougan
BROKE.jpg

- For a regular-season NBA game, Suns/Knicks last night was a blast.

- The three primary recruiting hotbeds that Kentucky basketball should focus on are Chicago/Indy, Texas, and NYC. With Chin/Jai/Orlando, you've got those pinned. The Prince William County area around D.C. is another one, but we don't usually pull from that area anyway.

- Not fond of this trend of kids wearing huge baseball caps with high crowns sitting on top of their dome. They all look like Pharrell and his Arby's hat. Ridiculous.

- Our President wore a mask during a Zoom call. Good grief.

- Memphis next week. Restaurant recs are welcomed.

- Jalen Duren is giving off major Chris Webber vibes, right down to the measurements. No chance he plays a second of college ball, but man....what a stud. And yes, I know there are reports that Lively outplayed him, but I'll take that kid, too.

-DMB at Railbird? Hmm, I could probably be talked into that. I wouldn't mind seeing Tanya Tucker as well. The rest are just spoof names, Japanese Breakfast. I mean... come on.

-Masks,🤣 much like the message with vaccines, they completely blew it with when/how a mask may actually be somewhat, and I mean somewhat, beneficial. Hint, if you're wearing one outside or when you're not anywhere near another person, you're just being an asshole.

-It's flat unreal outside right now. Spring hasn't let us down. About a week of meh weather since March 1. Let's roll right into summer next week.

-I know Cal is a bit preoccupied, as he should be, but locking up our PG would really help to ease my anxiety for next year. Along with Brooks announcing he's coming back.

-Who knew there was a market for old ass cast iron pans? People will collect anything. I kinda want one, tbh. Although, my current ones are just fine.

-Not a huge crafty guy but the Country Boy Keeneland Lager was mighty crispy Friday afternoon on the back patio.

-Morris Deli tomorrow for only the 2nd time in 14 months. Ciabatta, smoked turkey, salami, horseradish cheese, mayo, tomato.

-Throwback: Wednesday night: Wing Ding at German American Club, Thursday Night: Phoenix Hil/BAR/HAND block party, Friday: Oaks infield, all night neighborhood party, Saturday: Infield, then land of the zombies.

Best week of the year.

Good lineup. If I wasn't flying out to the Gorge 3 days later I would definitely be making the trip back to Lex.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
Golf and work randoms.

*Me, my dad, my BIL, and another buddy split a Rypstick, swing speed radar, and a budget launch monitor. We purchased a MEVO and a Rapsodo, and will be testing each and keeping the best one. Doing over-speed training is a bit iffy over 40, as my knees are already getting sore after just starting the "program". But I'll be interested to see how I progress. Average driver swing speed right now is right around 115, but I've clearly got some swing flaws as I should be hitting it further than I am at that speed.

*As part of the purchase of a Rypstick, you get a free swing analysis from them. I was expecting something along the lines of "It looks pretty decent but you could do (a) or (b) and it would really help you out. What I actually got was "your swing is f*cking terrible, it's in no way repeatable, and you have a lot of work to do." 🤣 I appreciated the honesty but wanted to quit golf for about 30 minutes after I watched it. TSK has seen it, he can verify how brutal the guy was.

*The elder law portion of my practice is really starting to pick up, and I have to say, it's 100% more rewarding than any other area of the law I've practiced in. There's no "enemy" on the other side and you just get to help people save their hard-earned cash they've spent a lifetime generating instead of blowing it on outrageous nursing home costs. Partnering up with a couple experts in the beginning was the smartest move I've made in a while.

*Tuesday night men's league begins tonight. I've missed it, and can't wait to get back out there. My dad and I are partners. He's 68 and still in good health and physical condition, but I know at some point he won't be able to play anymore. Cherish the moments when you're in them, fellas.

I'm actually down with Khruangbin - that's a unique/funky little band. Oddly enough, my best black buddy turned me onto them. No idea what kind of music it would be labeled, but they're really good.

Still can't think of anyone that would make me interested in a blazing August music festival tho.

-Chase, please email me the video of dude destroying your swing.😍

While each of you are outside your homes appreciating your life accomplishments, grab a dandelion and eat it.

Like Guiness, it is good for you.

Def surprised Knocta likes Khruangbin. With you on the festival scene, just not my cup of tea anymore especially August. You get pretty canned setlists at festivals as well, kinda blah.

Wodie liking these guys is a pretty big upset. I looked them up, they're fine, but I'm not a fan of instrumental bands. Big fan of Black Pumas after looking them up though.

dharapak_kruengbin01-960x540.jpg

Brook and the Bluff are pretty good- saw them Friday night. First post covid concert experience. Was awesome- you got a little pod section of seats for 4 people, away from anyone else. Obviously full stadiums will have their place in the near future for sports or other events- but I didn't hate the small crowd setup at all.

Ok bread boy...

but agree it was a horrible take. I pretty much exclusively reverse sear my steaks in cast iron.

Searing steaks... Yeah, that's what I am talking about, Doc. Throwing some salt and pepper on a steak and throwing it into a pan. 🙄

I'm talking cooking... the art form... with sauces and complexity. I draw a lot of my inspiration from my favorite restaurant - Bierhandel De Pijp - in Rotterdam, where they cook almost all their dishes in heavy cast iron. It's a great medium to cook in as it holds the heat really well.

888e812f85de96de0fdc89fec4ba7683.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT